Re: [問題] 指控王金平關說的理由
林肯:如果我們成功了
If we succeed?
林肯:你擔心黑人要面對什麼情況嗎?
Are you afraid of what lies ahead for your people?
黑人太太:白人希望我們離開美國
White people don't want us here.
林肯:很多人是不希望 - 那你呢?
- Many don't. - What about you?
林肯:凱克里太太,我不認識你們
I don't know you, Mrs. Keckley.
林肯:我不認識你們任何一個人
Any of you.
林肯:你對我來說很熟悉
You're familiar to me, as all people are.
林肯:所有的人都是…
Unaccommodated, poor, bare,
林肯:不適應、可憐、赤裸的兩腳動物
forked creatures such as we all are.
林肯:我們都是
林肯:你們有權利跟我有相同的期待
You have a right to expect what I expect,
林肯:我們的期待很有可能
林肯:不難讓彼此理解
and likely our expectations are not incomprehensible to each other.
林肯:我想我會習慣你們
I assume I'll get used to you.
林肯:你們對國家來說會是什麼
But what you are to the nation,
林肯:一旦奴隸時代過去後
what'll become of you once slavery's day is done, I don't know.
林肯:你們會變成如何
黑人太太:這一點我不知道
What my people are to be, I can't say.
黑人太太:我不能說我們黑人會如何
黑人太太:黑人為了自由抗爭並犧牲性命
Negroes have been fighting and dying for freedom
黑人太太:由於第一個黑人是奴隸
since the first of us was a slave.
黑人太太:我從來沒聽人問過自由會帶來什麼
I never heard any ask what freedom will bring.
黑人太太:自由是第一位
Freedom's a first.
黑人太太:至於我…
As for me
黑人太太:我兒子為北軍犧牲性命
My son died, fighting for the Union
黑人太太:他身穿北軍的藍色軍服
wearing the Union blue.
黑人太太:他為了自由而死
For freedom he died.
黑人太太:而我是他的母親
I'm his mother.
黑人太太:這就是我對這個國家的意義
That's what I am to the nation, Mr. Lincoln.
黑人太太:林肯先生
What else must I be?
黑人太太:我還能是什麼?
--
※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc)
◆ From: 36.232.164.94
→
09/13 08:05, , 1F
09/13 08:05, 1F
推
09/13 12:20, , 2F
09/13 12:20, 2F
推
09/13 12:32, , 3F
09/13 12:32, 3F
※ 編輯: rhu 來自: 36.232.164.94 (09/13 14:32)
討論串 (同標題文章)
完整討論串 (本文為第 3 之 24 篇):
問題
1
2