[英中] MLB Daily Recap

看板Translation作者 (台南何守正)時間11年前 (2013/06/18 19:23), 編輯推噓0(007)
留言7則, 1人參與, 最新討論串13/16 (看更多)
10-0: Max matches 104-year-old mark in Tigers' win Scherzer joins Mullin, Clemens with historic start; Miggy hits 19th HR 麥克斯開季十勝零敗,老虎隊史104年來第一次 繼穆林、克萊門斯後,薛哲再度創記錄,卡布雷拉轟出本季第19轟 Move over, Wabash George Mullin. Max Scherzer can't have your nickname, but he has designs on your record. He can't have Rocket, either, but he can start being mentioned with his best start to a season, too. 讓開點,威巴許‧喬治‧穆林!麥克斯‧薛哲或許不能有像你一樣的綽號, 但他卻能在你的記錄上留下他的印記。 他當然也無法如火箭人般一飛沖天,不過他卻能因為今天的先發而受到注目。 With six innings of one-run ball in Monday's 5-1 Tigers victory over the O's, Scherzer not only became the first Major League starter since Roger Clemens in 1997 to go 10-0 to begin a season. He became just the second starter in the Tigers' illustrious history to do it, challenging the 104-year-old standard of Mullin. Even Scherzer, an advanced stats fan who calls wins and losses "flukey," had to appreciate that kind of company. 老虎今天以5-1擊敗了金鶯,先發投手薛哲主投六局僅失一分拿下勝投, 也讓他成為自1997年的羅傑‧克萊門斯以來,第一位開季10勝0敗的投手。 他也成為老虎輝煌的歷史上繼穆林後第二位達成這個成就的投手, 而且薛哲還有機會超過穆林高懸104年的記錄。 薛哲本身崇尚進階數據,他認為勝敗只是「運氣好壞」而已。 即使如此,他還是很高興自己能達到這樣的成就。 "Yeah, you have to savor this a little bit because of the history of this organization," Scherzer said. "It's special to be 10-0. But at the end of the day, I don't measure my success on being 10-0. I measure my success on everything else I do on the mound." Mullin began the 1909 season 11-0, according to Elias Sports Bureau, on his way to 29 wins. Clemens stood 11-0 after 12 starts in 1997 on his way to a 21-win campaign and a Cy Young Award in Toronto. 「是啊,想想這支球隊風光的歷史,你還是會想享受一下達成記錄的滋味。」 薛哲說道。「能拿到10勝0敗很特別。但是當比賽結束後, 我告訴自己我的成就不只10勝0敗,而在於我在場上做的一切。」 根據艾里亞斯運動社報導,穆林在1909年開季拿下11勝0敗,最後該年他拿到29勝。 而克萊門斯則是在1997年開季12場先發取得11勝0敗的成績, 最終他該年為藍鳥拿下21勝,並獲得賽揚獎。 Scherzer, maybe supporting his fluke argument, would be at 11-0 now with six wins in a row if not for the Orioles' ninth-inning comeback off Jose Valverde on May 31 in Baltimore. But then, he might not have gotten to 10-0 without a big strikeout Monday. Mullin had a big fastball and a nasty curve, according to reports. Scherzer had 98 mph on the outside corner to Chris Davis with the game on the line. When he couldn't get the call on that, he had the confidence to throw 97 mph just off the plate -- likely ball four, had Davis taken it -- to get a Triple Crown candidate to swing and miss. 薛哲或許還是信他那套運氣論, 不過要不是金鶯在5月31號那天在第九局從豪賽‧寶維帝逆轉獲勝, 薛哲現在有可能已經11勝0敗,而且現在會是先發六連勝的狀態。 不過如果不是他今天投出重要三振,他或許也拿不到10勝0敗。 根據記錄,穆林能投出極具威力的速球以及刁鑽的曲球。 而薛哲今天也在比賽中有危機時, 對克里斯‧戴維斯投出一顆98英哩的外角速球。 當他這球未獲主審青睞時,他十分自信地投了一顆削過本壘邊邊的97英哩速球。 如果戴維斯忍住或許就是壞球保送,可惜這位三冠王候選人揮空遭到三振。 Whether wins and losses are flukey, the way Scherzer got there Monday was not. "You have one of the American League's best pitchers going up against one of the American League's best hitters of the time," manager Jim Leyland said. "That's a nice challenge for the fans, and tonight Max won the challenge." Not since Pedro Martinez in 2001 has an American League pitcher started the season with at least 14 games of six or more strikeouts, according to ESPN Stats and Information. Scherzer's 10-strikeout performance was his fifth of the season. 不管輸贏是不是靠運氣,至少薛哲今天的勝投並不僥倖。 「當一位美聯最好的投手對上美聯最恐怖的打線時,」總教練吉姆‧力蘭說道。 「這樣的對戰組合對球迷來說很有看頭,而今晚麥克斯在這樣的對戰中勝出。」 根據ESPN的數據資料庫, 美聯自2001年派卓‧馬丁尼茲開季連14場都至少投出六次三振後,就無人在達成此成就。 而薛哲今天10K的表現是他本季第五次能單場雙位數三振。 Considering Scherzer didn't retire the O's in order in any of his six innings, many of those strikeouts came in handy. Scherzer called his biggest pitch a 3-1 changeup to Nick Markakis that allowed him to set up a strikeout for the second out of the fifth inning, allowing him to pitch aggressively to escape. His catcher, who called the changeup to Markakis, wasn't buying it. 其實薛哲今天六局投球內局局金鶯打者上壘, 這也說明了他很多三振都如及時雨般化解不少危機。 薛哲在第五局時,對上尼克‧馬克奇斯時,以1好3壞球數落後。 他投出了整場比賽最漂亮的一顆變速球,這讓他之後能投出三振抓下該局第二個出局數, 也讓他的投球更具威脅性,這才守下城池。不過要求他投變速球的捕手並不覺得如此。 "I think [Davis] was the at-bat of the game, in my humble opinion," Brayan Pena said. "The fact that Davis got pretty good at-bats against us the previous two at-bats, for Max to strike him out with a fastball, that says a lot about Max." Adam Jones' infield single set up Davis as the potential tying run. Davis had tagged a Scherzer fastball for his Major League-leading 24th homer of the year leading off the second inning, then shrugged off pitches off the corner to work the count in his favor for a single in the fourth. 「我個人覺得(戴維斯)那個打席很關鍵,」布瑞恩‧潘尼亞說道。 「想想看戴維斯前兩個打席打得很好,但麥克斯還是能用速球三振他, 這就說明了麥克斯的狀況有多好了。」 亞當‧瓊斯先擊出內野安打,追平分戴維斯上場打擊。 第二局時,戴維斯抓住薛哲一顆速球,打出他本季領先群雄的第24轟。 接著他在第四局時又靠著選球取得球數領先,然後再度敲出安打。 With the game on the line, Scherzer flirted again with the outside corner after a swing and miss put Davis in a 1-2 count. Pena didn't have to move his mitt on back-to-back fastballs, lining up virtually in the same spot, but home-plate umpire Tim Timmons wasn't going to give him the call. He came close. "The 2-2 was the one," Pena said. "I turned around, not trying to show [Timmons] up, because I would never do that, but he screamed. He usually screams before he rings somebody up." Scherzer didn't say a word. 當比賽面臨危機時,薛哲先讓戴維斯揮棒落空取得2好1壞, 接著他試著將球塞到外角引誘戴維斯出棒。連續兩顆速球位置幾乎一樣, 讓潘尼亞不需要移動手套來接,但是主審提姆‧提門斯並沒有判好球。 主審差點拉弓三振 「2好2壞那球很關鍵,」潘尼亞說道。「我轉過頭來,倒不是質疑提門斯的判決, 我絕不做這種事。主要是因為他忽然吼了一聲,通常他在三振之前都會這樣做。」 薛哲沒有任何表示。 "The thing is, when you're out on the mound and you hit the catcher's glove, you always think it's a strike," Scherzer said. "When you see it on video, the pitches were out. Sometimes they do a good job of calling them balls." With the count full, Scherzer set up his best pitch, going with his changeup over the plate. Davis fouled it off. 「當你站在投手丘上時,你總認為丟到捕手手套的球是好球。」薛哲說道。 「不過當你看影片時,才會發現這球投偏了。這時候你才會覺得裁判判壞球是對的。」 滿球數,薛哲投出他最好的一球,一顆通過本壘板的變速球,戴維斯打成界外。 "It just had enough movement on it," Davis said. "Of course, when you're throwing 96, 97, 98, that helps." He knew what was coming next. Scherzer had no question. It was just a matter of placing it. "My best pitch is my best fastball in that situation," Scherzer said. "If I was going to get beat, I was going to get beat on my best." It was farther outside than the previous two fastballs, according to MLB.com's Gameday, but Davis wasn't taking a chance. 「它的尾勁夠強,」戴維斯說道。 「當然,如果接下來投一顆96~98英哩的速球,效果就會很好。」 他知道下一球是什麼。薛哲毫不懷疑。只是問題是球要怎麼進壘。 「在那樣的情況下,我最好的球種是我的速球。」薛哲說道。 「如果我輸了,我希望我輸在我最好的球種。」 根據MLB.com的線上轉播,這一顆速球比前兩顆還偏外角,可惜戴維斯沒把握住。 "It was a ball," Davis said. "When you're throwing that hard and you're throwing a number of pitches for strikes, you assume that he's going to throw a strike. I was looking for a ball over the plate. He got me to chase." Scherzer struck out Davis, Markakis and Manny Machado, All-Star candidates all, in that inning. He fanned Machado twice on the night, and sent down designated hitter Chris Dickerson swinging three times. That's more how Scherzer measures his pitching. 「那是壞球,」戴維斯說道。「當對方球路很刁鑽,而且之前有幾球都是好球時, 你會假設他會投一顆好球。我希望他投一顆偏離本壘板的壞球, 可惜他還是讓我追打這顆壞球。」 薛哲那個半局三振掉了戴維斯、馬克奇斯、曼尼‧馬恰多,三個都是明星賽先發候選人。 他今天三振了馬恰多兩次,讓指定打擊克里斯‧迪克森揮了三次空棒。 這比薛哲預期的還好。 "Pitching on four pitches, generating swings and misses, minimizing my walks, working ahead of hitters, all the other things it takes to be a good pitcher," Scherzer said. Miguel Cabrera's 19th home run of the year, a two-run shot in the opening inning, gave Scherzer a lead to protect. Austin Jackson and Jhonny Peralta added two-out RBI singles along with Victor Martinez's sacrifice fly off Orioles spot starter Jake Arrieta (1-2). Drew Smyly replaced Scherzer in the seventh and went the rest of the way for his second save of three or more innings this season. 「我做到了一個好投手該做的,用四種球種解決打者、讓打者揮棒落空、 減少保送、球數領先等等。」薛哲說道。 米格爾‧卡布雷拉首局就敲出一發兩分彈,本季第19轟,給了薛哲領先。 奧斯丁‧傑克森和強尼‧派洛塔也各在兩出局後打出帶有打點的安打, 維特‧馬丁尼茲也擊出一次高飛犧牲打。 這些全都是金鶯控球型的先發投手捷克‧阿里耶塔丟掉的分數。 祖魯‧史麥利在第七局接替薛哲,他投完接下來的局數,拿到救援成功。 這是他本季第二個投至少三局所拿下的救援成功。 =============================== 紅字部份為不確定之處,煩請板友們指教 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.116.131.202

06/18 19:45, , 1F
這裡不是每個人都知道棒球板的綽號,建議「胖卡布」這種詞
06/18 19:45, 1F

06/18 19:46, , 2F
最好別用。我只看紅字部分,首先he came close指的是裁判差
06/18 19:46, 2F

06/18 19:47, , 3F
一點就判好球。前面的ring up是裁判判定打者三振的說法,換
06/18 19:47, 3F

06/18 19:49, , 4F
成我們的說法,比較像是「拉弓箭」。這裁判在拉弓前會叫,
06/18 19:49, 4F

06/18 19:49, , 5F
捕手也說他聽到了叫聲,所以說「差一點」就判好球了。
06/18 19:49, 5F

06/18 19:53, , 6F
Pitching on four pitches是用四種球路投球。spot pitcher
06/18 19:53, 6F

06/18 19:54, , 7F
是指控球型的投手,這裡是說先發的控球型投手。
06/18 19:54, 7F
感謝Fa大提醒,很多俗語還不是很認識,我會繼續努力 ※ 編輯: estceque 來自: 140.116.131.202 (06/19 15:14)
文章代碼(AID): #1Hm4Chno (Translation)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1Hm4Chno (Translation)