[英中] MLB Daily Recap

看板Translation作者 (台南何守正)時間11年前 (2013/07/16 20:31), 編輯推噓0(001)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串16/16 (看更多)
Cespedes beats Harper to claim Derby title 賽斯培德斯擊敗哈波拿下全壘打大賽冠軍 Yoenis Cespedes might not be an actual All-Star, but he was the undisputed star of the Chevrolet Home Run Derby on Monday night. Cespedes put on a show for the sold-out Citi Field crowd, banging out 17 home runs in the first round and six in the second, then capping his night with a final-round flourish of nine home runs to edge Bryce Harper and become the first non-All-Star to win the event. 由安尼斯.賽斯培德斯或許不是明星賽的一員,不過在今晚的雪佛蘭所贊助的全壘打大賽 他無疑是全場矚目的焦點。 賽斯培德斯在滿座的花旗球場觀眾前面大顯身手,第一輪擊出17發全壘打,第二輪打出6 發,最後他在最後一輪轟出9發全壘打為今晚畫下句點,並且擠下布萊斯.哈波成為第一 位贏得全壘打大賽的非明星賽選手。 Despite all the curiosity over whether Prince Fielder could become just the second player to win the Derby three times or whether Chris Davis' incredible first half would carry over into this setting, it was Cespedes who stole the spotlight. "Before I came," Cespedes said, "they asked me if I was going to be nervous because I would be participating in front of possibly 50,000 people. When I was in Cuba, I participated in five Home Run Derbies; it wasn't 50,000 people, but it was 30,000 or 32,000 people and I wasn't nervous." 儘管賽前大家都在猜「小王子」費爾德會不會成為史上第二位全壘打大賽三連霸的選手又 或是克里斯.戴維斯會發揮他上半季驚為天人的全壘打能力,但結果卻是賽斯培德斯搶走 了所有焦點。 賽斯培德斯說:「在我到這前,他們問我在大約五萬人面前表演會不會緊張。我想到我在 古巴時曾經參加過五次全壘打大賽,雖然人數不到五萬,不過也有三萬或三萬二左右,但 我一點也不緊張。」 Several of Cespedes' shots went to the third deck of a ballpark with deep dimensions. And even though Harper, who at 20 years and 272 days old nearly became the Derby's youngest winner ever, gave Cespedes a high hurdle to cross in the final round, Cespedes crossed it with ease. With five outs remaining out of his available 10, he won it with an exclamation point -- a 455-foot poke to dead center -- becoming the first right-handed hitter to win the Derby since Vladimir Guerrero in 2007. Cespedes showed why captain Robinson Cano handpicked him to round out the American League squad. Now in his second season with the A's after defecting from Cuba, Cespedes' batting-practice displays have been the stuff of legend, and on this night he got to show that "sick pop," as David Ortiz called it, to a national audience. 賽斯培德斯好幾轟都打得相當深遠,上到了第三層看台。儘管哈波最後一輪給賽斯培德斯 豎立一層障礙,賽斯培德斯仍然輕鬆跨越了它,讓哈波無法以20歲又272天的年紀成為最 年輕的全壘打大賽冠軍。在只用掉5個出局數的情況下,賽斯培德斯用一顆飛向中外野方 向的455英呎全壘打贏得冠軍,成為繼2007年法米爾.葛瑞羅以來,第一位贏得全壘打大 賽的右打者。 賽斯培德斯用棒子向大家說明了為何隊長羅賓森.坎農會選他進入美聯陣容裡。今年是賽 斯培德斯從古巴叛逃加入運動家的第二年,他的打擊練習一直是大家口中的傳奇。今晚他 得以向全國觀眾們展現那個老爹稱之為「變態怪力」的能力。 "I asked some guys that were in the All-Star Game, but some of them couldn't," Cano said. "You know what? It's good to give a chance to a guy that didn't make the All-Star Game so he can get the experience. Now he's got a truck. I hope he gives me at least two tires." Cespedes won a Chevrolet Silverado (the very vehicle he pelted with one of his final round feats of strength), but more important was the $529,000 raised for some worthy causes, including the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) and MLB Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities (RBI) program. Because the AL team, led by Cespedes, edged the NL in homer tally over the first two rounds, Chevrolet and MLB will donate $150,000 to Cano's charity and $100,000 to BGCA in Cano's name. A total of $25,000 will be donated to NL captain David Wright's charity. 坎農說:「我問了一些參加明星賽的人(要不要參加),但他們說不行。你知道嗎?讓一個 沒參加明星賽的人有個機會亮相挺不錯的,這樣他才能累積經驗。既然他現在已經拿到一 台卡車了,我希望他能給我至少兩個輪胎。」 賽斯培德斯也贏得了雪佛蘭提供的車子Silverado (就是最後一輪他展現力量時所擊中的 那台)。更重要的是,總共募集到了529000元做更有價值的貢獻,像是美國孩童關懷組織 (Boy and Girl Clubs of America,BGCA)以及大聯盟貧民區棒球復甦計畫(MLB Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities program,RBI program)等等。因為賽斯培德斯所 在的美聯隊在前兩輪的全壘打支數比國聯多,因此雪佛蘭和大聯盟會給坎農創立的慈善機 構十五萬元,並且以坎農的名義捐贈十萬元給BGCA。另外也會捐贈國聯隊長大衛.萊特創 立的慈善機構兩萬五千元。 Though Wright, the local hero and All-Star ambassador, bowed out after the first round, he was thrilled to see Citi Field shining. "It really, really was awesome," Wright said. "It's what I remember the playoff atmosphere [at Shea Stadium] being like in 2006." 儘管萊特以地主英雄和全明星賽代表之姿在第一輪就出局了,但他還是對花旗球場人聲鼎 沸的盛況感到興奮。 萊特說道:「這實在太,太,太棒了!這就像2006年那時候(在謝雅球場的)季後賽的氛圍 一樣。」 The ballpark was really buzzing after Cespedes' sensational first round, in which he tied Ortiz (2005) for the third-most homers in a single round. It wasn't the same as Josh Hamilton's 28-homer outburst in the first round at Yankee Stadium in 2008, but it was still pretty special. And Cespedes was one of four first-time Derby participants to advance to the second round, joined by Harper, Davis and Michael Cuddyer. In the second round, Harper, with his father, Ron, serving as his personal pitcher, stepped to the forefront by repeating his eight-homer performance of the first round. Father and son found themselves in a nice -- and touching -- groove. 全場球迷在賽斯培德斯驚為天人的第一輪表現之後開始瘋狂了起來。他和老爹歐提茲並列 單輪最多全壘打第三名。儘管和賈許.漢彌爾頓2008年在洋基球場第一輪的瘋狂表現相比 略顯遜色,這樣的表現仍然十分難得。而且賽斯培德斯也是今晚四名第一次參加全壘打大 賽就進到第二輪的選手之一,其他三位是哈波、戴維斯和麥寇.卡戴爾。 第二輪哈波和擔任他餵球投手的父親榮恩繼續在打擊區上複製他第一輪打出八轟的表現。 這對父子找到他們理想的節奏,當然這也很讓人動容。 "I've got to thank my dad for everything he has done for me, all the numerous [batting practices] he's thrown to me," Harper said. "I love him more than anything in this world." Cespedes, meanwhile, gave himself so much breathing room in the first round that he didn't need a single home run in the second. But he hit six anyway, boosting the charity donation and sealing the AL victory. And though Harper put up a nice fight in the final with eight homers, Cespedes was methodical in besting the Nationals' stud. 哈波說道:「我想感謝我父親為我所做的一切,包括他幫我做的所有打擊練習。在這個世 界上我最愛的人就是他。」 賽斯培德斯則因為他在第一輪的傑出表現讓他在第二輪不必打出任何全壘打就能晉級。不 過他還是打出了六支,不但讓捐款數目往上攀升,也幫助美聯拿下前兩輪的勝利。儘管哈 波在最後一輪全力拼戰,打出了八發全壘打,賽斯培德斯還是能好整以暇的擊敗這位國聯 的黑馬。 "I came off the field saying that's not enough," Harper said. "I thought maybe 12. The way [Cespedes] was swinging the bat that first and second round, he wasn't even trying. It was pretty incredible to watch. He's so strong." So for Harper, it was close but no crown, bro. The crown went to Yo, and it felt as though a new Derby era had ushered in. Fielder was the king of the Derby after his wins in 2009 and '12, but the king went down in Queens, and room was made for a new face of the Derby. 哈波說道:「我下了場之後跟別人說這樣子不夠。我以為我至少可以打出12支。看看他前 兩輪揮棒的那種樣子,感覺他只是在熱身而已。看他打全壘打很令人難以置信,他實在太 壯了。」 所以對哈波來說,雖然很靠近但是就是拿不到冠軍,冠軍屬於賽斯培德斯。這讓人覺得新 一代的全壘打大賽的世代來臨了。小王子在2009和2012拿下冠軍之後儼然成了全壘打大賽 之王,不過這位國王今天在皇后區表現不佳,把位置讓給一位生面孔。 Cespedes claimed it convincingly and promised to come back for more. "If I have the opportunity," he said, "to participate again next year, God willing, I will absolutely do so." 賽斯培德斯的冠軍頭銜無庸置疑,他也承諾會再回來打出更多驚奇。 他說:「如果我明年有機會再度參與這項盛會,主啊,我絕對打得會像今年這樣子。」 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 36.226.235.131

07/17 15:31, , 1F
Queens是指紐約皇后區,大都會隊的主場地,不是屈居后座
07/17 15:31, 1F
謝謝!翻太快沒看清楚 ※ 編輯: estceque 來自: 36.226.234.106 (07/20 09:52)
文章代碼(AID): #1HvJqGUG (Translation)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1HvJqGUG (Translation)