[英中] MLB Daily Recap

看板Translation作者 (台南何守正)時間11年前 (2013/06/09 01:38), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串6/16 (看更多)
A's in first place after slamming, robbing White Sox Donaldson goes opposite field with grand slam; Reddick steals HR 運動家砲轟白襪,重回西區寶座 唐諾森擊出反方向滿貫砲,瑞迪克沒收對方全壘打 During their remarkable run to the playoffs last year, the A's waited until the final day of the regular season to grab sole possession of first place. This year, they decided not to wait so long to get to the top. 在去年晉級季後賽的奇幻之旅時, 運動家直到例行賽最後一天才獨自站上西區寶座 今年,他們決定要更快站上分區第一。 That's where the A's stood at night's end Friday, following a 4-3 victory over the White Sox, their third straight win and 18th in last 21 tries to push them half a game over the Rangers in the American League West. At this exact point in the 2012 season, the A's were nine games back. But they refused to stare at the standings then, and they're not doing it now, instead keeping their focus elsewhere. 今晚運動家做到了,他們以4-3擊敗白襪, 取得最近21場比賽的第三次三連勝以及第18勝, 讓他們在美聯西區以半場勝差領先遊騎兵。 去年同一時間,運動家還落後第一名九場勝差, 但他們那時選擇凝聚士氣打好每一場。 即使現在也是一樣,他們選擇把焦點放在排名以外的地方。 "We're in first place?" outfielder Josh Reddick asked. "Well, I guess we don't really think about it. We just go out there and play. It's only June. As long as you're in first the last day of the year, that's all that matters." The A's sure are playing like a first-place team, though they didn't get their first grand slam of the season until Friday. 「我們第一囉?」外野手賈許.瑞迪克問道。 「嗯,我覺得我們只是不去想這個問題,我們只是來到球場打好球。 現在才六月,我們關心的重點是最後一天我們還是不是第一。」 運動家的確打得像一支第一的球隊,只是他們在今晚以前, 還沒打出本季第一支滿貫砲。 It was worth the wait. In fact, it's all they needed, and Josh Donaldson, naturally, was responsible. The A's third baseman, easily the club's most consistent player this season, drove a 1-1 fastball from Chris Sale into the right-field stands with one out in the sixth inning, wiping away Chicago's 3-0 lead. The game-winning knock, which followed hits from Adam Rosales and Jed Lowrie and a walk to Yoenis Cespedes, not only marked Oakland's first grand slam but the first of Donaldson's career. 不過等待是值得的。 因為這正是運動家要的,而賈許.唐諾森只是挺身而出罷了。 這位運動家的三壘手是本季球隊陣中最穩定的球員。 六局上一出局時,他在一好一壞後, 將一顆克里斯.沙爾的速球送到右外野看台上,讓白襪3-0的領先優勢不再。 這局由亞當.羅沙爾和傑德.羅利分別先擊出安打, 隨後尤尼斯.賽斯培思被保送,接著就是這發致勝砲。 這支全壘打不只是運動家本季第一支滿貫,也是唐諾森生涯第一支。 "That's big-time stuff," manager Bob Melvin said. "We've scored five runs off [Sale] in two games, beat him twice, and Donaldson has knocked in all five runs. He keeps coming up with bigger and bigger hits. His approach is great, especially with runners in scoring position. Pretty impressive." Just how good is he with runners in scoring position? Try a .376 mark, including 6-for-8 with the bases loaded. He also has 41 RBIs in 62 games, after totaling 33 in 75 games last season. 「那一擊很關鍵,」總教練鮑伯.梅爾文說道。 「我們連續兩場對到沙爾都能得到五分擊倒他, 而這兩次大局唐諾森都有貢獻,而且砲管還越來越大支。 他擊球策略很棒,尤其是得點圈有人時。讓人印象深刻。」 唐諾森得點圈有人時表現到底有多好呢? 答案是打擊率0.376,滿壘時更是六打數八安打。 他目前62場出賽中有41分打點,對比去年75場出賽只有33分打點。 "I think it's just one of those situations where maybe I focus a little more," Donaldson said. "It was my third at-bat off Sale tonight and I was starting to feel pretty comfortable up there. I was just able to get a good pitch. Any time a guy has to come at me, I feel like I'm going to be successful." Overall, Donaldson is hitting .329 on the season. Only four other AL players -- Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis, Jhonny Peralta and James Loney -- own a better clip, which further supports a growing campaign to get Donaldson to the All-Star Game despite overwhelmingly talented company at the hot corner. 「我猜就是要在這樣的環境之下我才能稍微專注點吧!」唐諾森說道。 「那是我今晚面對沙爾的第三個打數,我已經逐漸適應他, 我只是等到了一顆失投球而已。我現在覺得不管誰來對我,我都有自信能打好。」 整體來看,唐諾森本季打擊率0.329,只輸給四位美聯選手, 他們分別是米格.卡布雷拉、克里斯.戴維斯、強尼.波洛塔、詹姆士.隆尼。 這樣的成績讓唐諾森更有機會在許多鎮守三壘的好手中入選明星賽。 Donaldson's heroic efforts on Friday were aided by a strong pitching performance from Jarrod Parker, who allowed the White Sox two earned runs (three total) on just five hits spanning seven-plus innings. The righty offered up a one-out solo shot to Tyler Flowers in the third, and a Derek Norris throwing error led to Dayan Viciedo's sacrifice fly in the fourth. Another sac fly, this time off the bat of Alejandro De Aza, extended Chicago's lead in the fifth. 除了唐諾森今晚英雄般的表現,先發傑洛.帕克也有優質的投球內容。 帕克對白襪七局的投球中只被擊出五支安打,失掉兩分責分(共丟三分)。 三局下,這位右投在一出局後讓泰勒.福羅爾擊出陽春砲, 四局下,戴瑞克.諾里斯傳球失誤,讓戴揚.福西亞多擊出高飛犧牲打, 五局下,阿雷夯多.德.阿薩再度擊出高飛犧牲打,擴大白襪隊的領先。 But Donaldson's grand slam set up Parker for his fifth win. He has a 2.43 ERA over his last six starts, after struggling to the tune of a 7.34 ERA in his first seven. "For us just to hang around tonight was huge," Parker said. "Donaldson came up with a huge hit. All around, we're just staying with it and not checking out early or settling with what we have. We just keep going at it." 還好唐諾森的滿貫讓帕克拿下他本季第五勝。 季初前七場他投得很掙扎,防禦率高達7.34, 不過近六場先發,他的防禦率2.43。 「對我們來說,這場比賽光是咬住就很不容易了,」帕克說道。 「幸好唐諾森及時來一發。總的來說,我們能保住一線生機, 而不是宣告我們提早下班。我們也沒有為現況自滿,而是不斷往前進。」 Sounds a lot like the game plan they utilized last year. "We're never going to think we're out of the game, whether it's the second or ninth," Reddick said. It was Reddick who saved the game in the ninth, after Ryan Cook retired three straight hitters in the eighth inning to strand two runners, by robbing Conor Gillaspie of a home run with one out and Grant Balfour on the mound. "I honestly thought it was hit right to me," Reddick said. "I was playing no-doubles defense and if you look at the video I just froze for a second because I thought he got jammed, and I realized once it was about at its peak it was still going. Fortunately, I was playing deep and it was easier to get to." 聽起來就像是去年他們在比賽中所用的策略。 「我們不會去想說我們完了,不管是第二局還是第九局。」瑞迪克說道 萊恩.庫克在第八局上來時在壘上有兩名跑者時接連解決三名打者。 而瑞迪克則在第九局時救了球隊一命,他沒收了吉勒斯匹的全壘打。 當時才一出局,而且是葛蘭特.巴爾佛在投手丘投球。 「老實說,我以為那顆球是對著我飛過來的,」瑞迪克說道。 「我那時的策略就是不能讓對手打出二壘安打。所以你如果看影片, 你會發現我頓了一下,因為我以為對方要出局了, 但我馬上明白那顆球飛到最高點了,而且它還一直飛。 好險我跑得夠深遠才能輕鬆接住那顆球。」 "I've never seen anybody rob a home run so nonchalantly," Cook said. "He's kind of at the base of the fence. Next thing you know, he sticks his glove up. No big deal." It helped Balfour capture his 33rd consecutive save dating back to last year and 15th of the season, and moved the A's atop the division. No big deal. 「我從來沒見過哪個人能這麼輕鬆寫意地沒收全壘打,」萊恩.庫克說道。 「他跑到全壘打牆底附近。接著下一秒鐘,他伸出他的手套接住球, 沒什麼大不了的。」 這次美技幫巴爾佛連續救援成功場次推進到33場,這也是本季他第15次救援成功, 也幫助運動家重回西區寶座。 這真的沒什麼大不了的。 ===================================== 紅字部份是不確定或翻得不順的部份,煩請板友們指正 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.116.131.202

06/09 14:19, , 1F
next thing you know翻成下一瞬間也許會比較好
06/09 14:19, 1F
有稍微再改過,感謝你的建議 ※ 編輯: estceque 來自: 140.116.131.202 (06/09 20:15)
文章代碼(AID): #1HismMCl (Translation)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1HismMCl (Translation)