Re: [Mind] Random thoughts 3

看板EngTalk作者 (愛著啊)時間19年前 (2005/05/26 21:28), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/5 (看更多)
※ 引述《obiter (加油!)》之銘言: : I've been thinking a lot about the different stages of life lately. People say : that transitions in life are often the most difficult and crucial points~ : For me, I have faced many such transitions already. Each one of them has been : challenging, in different aspects. One thing that I realized is that the older : you get, the more you are responsible for the choices that you make in these : transitions. In my opinion, challenges make you learn more and help you grow up. The reason why we have to be responsible for our decisions is mainly because we don't want to regret in the future. : When you are young, even though you go through a lot of transitions, most of : them you have no choice, no decision to make. You simply follow what the adults : have planned for you. Therefore, however things turn out, it can not be : attributed to you 100%. And although not always true, in most common situations, : when you are young, the consequences of these transactions are small. So that : if you make a small mistake, it's ok, and you can make changes or do different : things if you should change your mind. In fact, you still can have your own choice when you are young. Make sure what you really want for your future, and then go for it. Probably your parents might have already open a road for you, but the most important thing is you must find out what you want in your life. : However, as an adult, the transitions become more and more important, some of : which are potentially life-changing. And also more importantly, you become : responsible for your own actions. Moreover, you have to bear the consequences : of whatever action you choose to take. That's true. And that's exactly the situation I meet now. : At the moment, I'm getting very close to a very important transitional point in : my life, arguably one of the most significant. That is, a transition between : being a student, and becoming a member of the workforce, working full-time. : In coming to this point of my life, I have already made many choices. In : choosing the courses that I study at university, I more or less pre-determined : my future career path. But it is when it really comes to the point to pursue : the career that I have worked so hard for, that I begin to have hesitations. : Not hesitations about the choices that I have made in the past, I believe I made : good choices. But rather, it's about where it leads me. I struggled for a long : time as for what to do. It had to be one of the most difficult choices that I : have made so far. : In fact, even though the decision has been made, I still have doubts about it : sometimes. I sometimes think about the alternatives, and hope that I have made : the right choice. I guess I am having the same situation as yours. I have working experience, and now I am studying and working at the same time. I get a chance to study PhD in USA, but I am not financial supported. The tuition is too expensive for me to afford. Morever, my current job is not bad - good salary and nice boss. I have been thinking over and over for three months. But up till now, I still can't make my mind. Studying PhD is my dream, but the lack of financial support prevents me from make it come true. I am still hesitating. I really don't know what to do. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 219.86.37.18
文章代碼(AID): #12bSxWZY (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #12bSxWZY (EngTalk)