Re: Motivation

看板EngTalk作者 (綠洲超屌!)時間19年前 (2005/07/26 08:49), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串6/7 (看更多)
I apologize for my distractions from your point :) I feel embarrassed XD I think what influences a person most is one's upbringings, whcih in turn decides how one values things. So basically it's a conception different from person to person. However, as you said, most people are still in the pursuit of money even though they are satisfied with sufficient backup resources. This worship toward money, I think, was gradually bullt up with every change the society had been through. The success and prosperity of nowadays society are actually results of economic takeoff, which I think is a massive money- gathering activity. Besides, the circumstances are telling us to worship money: the news, the TV series, the movies, the songs and all the people, you get the idea. Since we are engulfed by these ideas, it would be hard to get out of it. So you are right, people mostly are blind and not thinking what they are after, because they only think about the things they will get by earning much money and don't know why they are doing it. I apologize again. Hope this time it's a litte bit closer to the topic. :p ※ 引述《obiter (加油!)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《hamper (綠洲超屌!)》之銘言: : : The act of pursuing money could be construed as a means to : : substantiate the basic needs. If the needs are not satisfied, people : : will not be able to embrace a life of higher level. Money, though : : seems shallow, can be seen as a stepping-stone leading to a more : : advanced life. It is out of question the only way that can get you : : to the top of the pyramid. The house and other stuff, though not : : appear in the form of cash, fall to the category of properties, : : which are possibly vital to humans. Only with the living conditions : : be satisfied can people have the capability and time to ask for more : : things spiritual. The poor, by conrast, are less capable of presenting : : the pursue purely metaphysically. Most of them share same motivation to : : sustain their life by earning money. So it is not totally about : : materialism, I guess, because once deprived of the right to survive, : : humans will become irrational and the order chaotic. By that time, : : things will start to unravel, revealing the fragile structure on : : which human's society is built. : : So, I guess my point is that the motive of pursuing money is not : : totally superficial. For one thing we need resources to base our : : living. For another, sufficient backup can ensure our exploration to : : trasendent world is safeguarded. : At the basic level, I completely agree with you. Without a doubt people firstly : need to satisfy their most elementary needs (food, water, shelter) before they : can think of anything else. And it's definitely true that without such, : the pursuit of money, which candirectly be exchanged to meet these needs, : would be the most important goal of all. : However, in my discussion, I was more interested in thinking about what : happens after these basic needs are satisfied. That is to say, assume that we : can all live a relatively comfortable lifestyle, and don't have to worry : about the next meal on the table, then what happens to the pursuit of money? : Surely, at that stage, we don't need money in the absolute sense, but as we : all know, that is definitely not the end of pursuit for money. So what : motivates people then? In their endless pursuit of money and wealth. : I think it can be incredibly deceiving sometimes. : Anyway, great to see so much discussion coming out of this. I really enjoy it :) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.172.178.124
文章代碼(AID): #12vOYAW0 (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #12vOYAW0 (EngTalk)