Re: Motivation

看板EngTalk作者 (加油!)時間19年前 (2005/07/25 16:56), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串4/7 (看更多)
※ 引述《oxyoxy (牛)》之銘言: : So... Do you mean that earning a lot of money is meaningless? : I don't think so... : For example, love(between girlfriend, mom, etc....) is important.. : We can't buy love by money, but we can support love by money. : If we don't have enough money, how can we support our family? : Even your girlfriend loves you now. : If you are poor, she might marry another one who are rich someday. : (Someone posted an article in the board "SEX" talking about his heartbronken : experience) : I won't chase money endlessly; I will earn enough money at least. It's interesting that you should raise this issue, and I'm quite glad that you raised it actually. Because I always remember something that my father said to me once. I suggested to him that being rich doesn't mean that one is happy. And he said that that's true. However, he said: While being rich doesn't mean that you will be happy, being poor definitely means that you will be unhappy. So basically, he is suggesting that you could not possibly be happy being poor, always worrying about money etc. So that, according to his theory, the best that we can do is to earn as much money as possible, and then to try adn be happy on top of that. So I guess he sees money as a precondition to happiness. I'm not sure I entirely agrees with that. But I know it will be difficult to argue that one can be poor yet happy. I think I need to qualify that though. It really depends on what you mean by being poor. Poverty? Then sure, I agree that you cannot be happy. But if it means only not being able to afford great luxuries in life, or being able to spend money on frivilous things, then I'm not so sure. Really what I'm thinking is sometimes people try to buy happiness with money. And conversely, too much money can make one unhappy. You worry about people trying to steal your money, you're worried that your business will fail, or you are so busy earning a great deal of money that you don't have time to enjoy or appreciate life etc. Anyway, I rambled again :P One thing that struck me in your post is that you mentioned the idea that your girlfriend might love you now, but might marry a rich man if you are poor. Now I have to admit that that does happen. I have either heard or seen too many such cases to deny its truth. BUT the big question is, you mentioned love, and supporting love with money. Yes, that's fine. But does marrying a rich man equal love? I would strongly disagree. At the best, I could say that the girl decided that stability ( represented by the security of the man's wealth) is more important than the emotional feelings (that I would call love) she has for the poor guy. And yes, once again, I agree that it does happen... Sadly? Maybe. Maybe not. All I'm saying is, I would think it's the worst thing, and would make sure that I never think or act that way. I don't think that earning money is meaningless. But earning money without knowing at all why you are doing so is. If your sole motivation is to earn money, forgetting completely why, other than accumlation of wealth. Or the blind belief that money can bring you things that generally cannot be brought by money, such as love and happiness. I'm still a believer in true love and genuine happiness. Perhaps I'm too young and ignorant still, but I do wish that I'm right. :) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 222.153.98.52
文章代碼(AID): #12vAawT- (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #12vAawT- (EngTalk)