Re: [轉錄][情報] 伊達公子復出

看板Asiantennis作者 (阿更)時間16年前 (2008/04/07 21:59), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/6 (看更多)
伊達公子宣佈復出,但暫時以今年11月的全日本賽單打為目標, 暫時不考慮在WTA級賽事尋求復出。 她表示會先參加幾項衛星級賽事(挑戰賽?)以測試實力, 剛看到wtaworld看到有人說她打算在4,5月的幾項挑戰賽中與本土新秀搭檔打雙打。 伊達的blog﹕http://ameblo.jp/kimiko-date (看有沒有哪位日文達人可以看看她寫了什麼, btw,她還是保養得很好耶!) Date: Don't expect miracle return Japan's Kimiko Date announced her return to professional tennis 12 years after hanging up her rackets, but ruled out a fairytale comeback. A former top five player, the 37-year-old will test the waters at selected satellite tournaments before contemplating a full-scale return to the women's WTA Tour. The main objective for 2008 for Japan's most successful tennis player is to do well at the national championships in November. "Right now I don't think playing on the WTA Tour is a realistic target," Date said. "I won't say there's zero chance but it's not my immediate goal. "When I started practising again I would get home and couldn't even stand up in the kitchen. Luckily my husband was kind enough to let me out of the cooking." Date reached a career-high ranking of fourth in 1995 but abruptly quit the following year after making the semi-finals at Wimbledon and the last eight at the Atlanta Olympics. "The last few years of my career I hated tennis," said Date. "I didn't enjoy travelling around the world and being alone. So I stopped and I distanced myself from the sport. "But I'm older now, I'm married and I have a different outlook. I wanted to give something back to tennis. I'm going to take things gradually, to get a feel for where my game is. I'm not expecting miracles." Date, a winner of seven WTA titles, recently beat former rivals Steffi Graf and Martina Navratilova in an exhibition event in Tokyo. "That convinced me to try to come back," said Date, also a semi-finalist at the French and Australian Opens. "I felt like I wanted to play again and that I could still play the game. "I had a blank of over 11 years. It's different to having played all that time. My body hasn't had that wear and tear but I'm not going to rush it. I don't want to risk an injury." Date, who damaged her Achilles' tendon in 2002 playing doubles in a one-off appearance at the Japan Open, admitted her return could be short-lived. Asked by one Japanese reporter if she predicted a "Rocky"-style ending to her comeback, Date scrunched up her nose in mock horror. "If I'm not good enough this time round I'll quit," she smiled. "I don't want to be getting (wildcards) into events and taking the place of younger players. That wouldn't be right." Reuters ※ 引述《coldroom (冷房主人)》之銘言: : ※ [本文轉錄自 Tennis 看板] : 作者: hirokosima (hiro) 看板: Tennis : 標題: [情報] 伊達公子復出 : 時間: Mon Apr 7 00:55:25 2008 : 在日本的網站上看到這則新聞,不是謠言喔是新聞, : 說她已經去登錄名單,而且有要打巡迴賽了。 : 這真的很驚耶!跟葛拉芙同一個世代, : 而且是暌違十多年的復出, : 連小她一輩的杉山愛今年都要引退了....... : 真是令人期待。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.100.180.70
文章代碼(AID): #17-YYb5n (Asiantennis)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #17-YYb5n (Asiantennis)