Re: [轉錄][新聞] A-Rod makes excuse for slump

看板A-Rod作者 ( )時間18年前 (2006/08/16 15:00), 編輯推噓6(600)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《hzc0725 (機車狼)》之銘言: : ※ [本文轉錄自 NY-Yankees 看板] : 作者: YANKS (oh my yankees !!) 看板: NY-Yankees : 標題: [新聞] A-Rod makes excuse for slump : 時間: Tue Aug 15 22:59:36 2006 : A Rod 應該是給了些回應了吧!?( 有請翻譯達人^^) : http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060814&content_id=1407054&oid=36019&vkey=4 : Alex Rodriguez admits he's had an injury over the season A-Rod承認在球季中他曾經有傷在身。 : NEW YORK — It has always been a given that baseball players and just about : every other athlete plays hurt during parts of the season. It's the nature of : the job. A toe, a knee, an elbow, a sore back — nobody plays a full season : in any sport without experiencing some nagging injury. And because 99.9 : percent don't bother to mention those lingering injuries, sometimes those : players get booed more than they should. 對於棒球員或者所有運動員而言,在漫長的球季中受點傷是相當自然的事情。沒有人不在 整個球季中不經歷如腳趾、膝蓋、手肘或背部等酸痛。而且99.9%的球員不會去提到這些 傷痛,所有有些人因此表現不好,被球迷狂噓就有點冤了。 : But the bottom line is they don't talk about it. 但是底線是球員不要自己把受傷的事情說出來當表現不好的藉口。 : Alex Rodriguez, however, felt the need to. : He did it after Sunday's game when he spoke of an unspecified injury that was : affecting his hitting and his throwing at third base for the first four : months. It was an injury A-Rod brought to manager Joe Torre's attention : Sunday and casually dropped to the media in what was really just another spin : move. 然而,A-Rod覺得他有必要說出來,在週日比賽後,他告訴記者他的某些傷痛影響到他的 球季球四個月的打擊和三壘的傳球。這件事情是A-Rod與Torre交談時,似乎無意中透漏給 媒體知道。(Spin move不曉得如何翻) : Throughout the White Sox series, plenty has been written about A-Rod's recent : success — he's 11 for his last 25 with two home runs with four RBI in the : Angels series. 在經過與白襪隊的系列戰後,很多人已經寫到A-Rod最近的成功,他在與天使系列戰中, 打了11/25,包括了兩支全壘打以及四分打點。 : Rodriguez could have just enjoyed the good publicity and the ton of love fans : showed him Monday. More than 50,000 strong gave him a standing ovation as he : came up with the bases loaded in the seventh, and were still up and cheering : when he launched the go-ahead sacrifice fly to right field in the eventual : 7-2 win — missing a grand slam by about five feet. A-Rod可以儘情享受週一時球迷對他的歡迎,在第七時他在滿壘時燈場打擊,滿場的觀眾 給他standing ovation,而在他打出得分的犧牲打後--距離,滿貫的全壘打牆只有5英呎 ,觀眾仍給予他相當多的掌聲。 : "It was a funny wind out there I wasn't sure," Rodriguez said of his home run : chances. "I was kind of 50-50, but once it got close I was hoping." : That was genuine A-Rod, a little fun and childlike as he and everyone else at : Yankee Stadium put out a little body English to get the ball over Vladimir : Guerrero's glove. Yet it's tough to enjoy it as much because A-Rod had to : bring up that injury. A-Rod在討論這隻可能成為滿貫砲的全壘打時說:可能受到風的影響,打出去時我本來覺得 有一半的機會可能會出去,但越接近全壘打牆,我越希望球出去。這就是真實的A-Rod, 有點有趣有點孩子氣,讓洋基球場的每個球迷都想用body English讓球飛過Gurereo的手 套。然而A-Rod接下來談論他的傷勢卻讓這一切喜愛變的困難。 : "The last three to four weeks I've been 100 percent and it feels good to play : that way, but again, it's not an excuse for anything that I've done, that I : stunk," Rodriguez said. "I just wanted to make sure that I can bring that to : Joe (Sunday). Everyone goes through games like that. : "Everybody goes through it, nobody's looking for sympathy here, it's just : baseball." A-Rod說:過去三、四周我總算能以百分之百的狀況比賽,這讓我感覺相當好,但當然, 這並不是替我過去幾個月失望的表現找藉口,我只是希望我能把週日的狀況跟Torre說, 每個人都可能在受傷中打球,這裡沒有人能得到同情,這就是棒球。 : That's why most players don't bother mentioning it — certainly not to : reporters — and why they don't take it upon themselves to volunteer their : minor medical report to their manager. 這也就是為何大多數的球員都不會去提到自己的傷勢的原因,特別不會跟記者說,也不會 主動跟他們的經理說。 : Not using it as an excuse? When you talk about an injury in that context, : that's exactly what you're doing. Even though he wasn't in need of a crutch : for his injury, A-Rod sure manufactured one for himself by talking about : playing hurt. 不把受傷當藉口?當你在談話中把傷勢不經意說出來,你就是正在做這件事。即使A-Rod 不需要位他的傷勢使用拐杖,A-Rod的確在藉者談論他的傷勢中,製造一跟拐杖。 : It's like starting off a sentence with, "No offense, but." It's always : followed by an insult. Of course you meant to offend. : Did Derek Jeter claim anything was bothering him when he started the 2004 : season 0-for-32? 這就像是我們跟別人說話時會說:我無意冒犯,但.....。接下來就說出你想要羞辱別人 的話,當然你是存心想要得罪別人。Jeter在 2004年那段0/32的低潮時,有說過任何導致 他表現不好的藉口嗎? : Baseball fans may hate A-Rod's contract, fair enough. But few argue his : talent, work ethic and unofficial title as the best player in the game today. : In Rodriguez's first year here in 2004, Torre spoke often of how A-Rod was : always the first player at the stadium and how diligent he was in preparing : his body and mind for the day's work. 棒球迷也許厭惡A-Rod的合約,但少數人會對他的工作態度,天份以及目前最偉大的球員 稱號有意見,在A-Rod於2004第一年在洋基打球時,Torre常說A-Rod總是第一個來球場, 並請努力準備身體與心理,以應付晚間的比賽。 : Only with Rodriguez coming into his office and ostensibly blaming a nagging : injury for his midseason struggles, including a horrendous June in which he : hit just .213 with three home runs and 11 RBIs, what is Torre supposed to : think of him now? All of a sudden the idea that Rodriguez cares way too much : about what other people think of him rears up. 而在當A-Rod去Torre辦公室時並且把它球季中得低潮--包含六月.213的悲慘數據,歸咎 於傷勢時,Torre怎麼看待這樣的球員。A-Rod很明顯的太在乎其他人在背後怎麼討論他。 : "When you play this game on an everyday basis, there are very few days you : play 100 percent," Torre said. "I'm sure that it was nothing debilitating : because he was out there every day. There's really nothing that he's had a : great deal of treatment on that's caused concern. Nagging stuff would be my : guess." Torre說:當你每天都在比賽時,大概只有少數日子你能以100%狀況比賽,我確定應該沒 什麼傷勢會讓他受影響,應該只是一些小問題(nagging stuff不曉得如何翻)。 : Keep in mind, the injury that supposedly frustrated A-Rod until about a month : ago didn't keep him from winning American League Player of the Month for May : after hitting .330 with eight home runs and 28 RBIs. 我們必須記得的是,哪些所謂的影響A-Rod的傷勢,並沒有影響他獲得美聯五月份最佳打 擊的頭銜--他打了.330,八支全壘打以及28分打點。 : It's a shame that for all his talent and all his accomplishments on the : field, just about the only thing A-Rod can't get is get good PR. While : Rodriguez suffers too much from the expectations of overzealous fans and the : criticism by an overambitious media in an overexposed city, it's still his : own mouth that gets him in trouble — no matter how much his bat does the : talking. 以A-Rod的天份和成就卻無法獲得良好的公眾關係是非常令人遺憾的,A-Rod從非理性的 球迷那裡非常多的壓力,並且在野心相當大的紐約城市裡遭到相當多的批評,這一切可 能都是因為他說出來的話導致的--無論他打擊表現的多好。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.228.165.53 ※ 編輯: alvinchang 來自: 220.228.165.53 (08/16 16:02)

08/16 19:48, , 1F
推一個 翻得很不賴
08/16 19:48, 1F

08/16 22:45, , 2F
怎麼覺得他有點被噓傻了..
08/16 22:45, 2F

08/16 23:05, , 3F
所以說會被修理嘛.....
08/16 23:05, 3F

08/18 01:04, , 4F
老實說,就像Goldman講的一樣,A-Rod要學著把嘴巴閉緊一點..
08/18 01:04, 4F