[轉錄][新聞] A-Rod makes excuse for slump

看板A-Rod作者 (機車狼)時間18年前 (2006/08/15 23:42), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
※ [本文轉錄自 NY-Yankees 看板] 作者: YANKS (oh my yankees !!) 看板: NY-Yankees 標題: [新聞] A-Rod makes excuse for slump 時間: Tue Aug 15 22:59:36 2006 A Rod 應該是給了些回應了吧!?( 有請翻譯達人^^) http://www.yesnetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060814&content_id=1407054&oid=36019&vkey=4 Alex Rodriguez admits he's had an injury over the season NEW YORK — It has always been a given that baseball players and just about every other athlete plays hurt during parts of the season. It's the nature of the job. A toe, a knee, an elbow, a sore back — nobody plays a full season in any sport without experiencing some nagging injury. And because 99.9 percent don't bother to mention those lingering injuries, sometimes those players get booed more than they should. But the bottom line is they don't talk about it. Alex Rodriguez, however, felt the need to. He did it after Sunday's game when he spoke of an unspecified injury that was affecting his hitting and his throwing at third base for the first four months. It was an injury A-Rod brought to manager Joe Torre's attention Sunday and casually dropped to the media in what was really just another spin move. Throughout the White Sox series, plenty has been written about A-Rod's recent success — he's 11 for his last 25 with two home runs with four RBI in the Angels series. Rodriguez could have just enjoyed the good publicity and the ton of love fans showed him Monday. More than 50,000 strong gave him a standing ovation as he came up with the bases loaded in the seventh, and were still up and cheering when he launched the go-ahead sacrifice fly to right field in the eventual 7-2 win — missing a grand slam by about five feet. "It was a funny wind out there I wasn't sure," Rodriguez said of his home run chances. "I was kind of 50-50, but once it got close I was hoping." That was genuine A-Rod, a little fun and childlike as he and everyone else at Yankee Stadium put out a little body English to get the ball over Vladimir Guerrero's glove. Yet it's tough to enjoy it as much because A-Rod had to bring up that injury. "The last three to four weeks I've been 100 percent and it feels good to play that way, but again, it's not an excuse for anything that I've done, that I stunk," Rodriguez said. "I just wanted to make sure that I can bring that to Joe (Sunday). Everyone goes through games like that. "Everybody goes through it, nobody's looking for sympathy here, it's just baseball." That's why most players don't bother mentioning it — certainly not to reporters — and why they don't take it upon themselves to volunteer their minor medical report to their manager. Not using it as an excuse? When you talk about an injury in that context, that's exactly what you're doing. Even though he wasn't in need of a crutch for his injury, A-Rod sure manufactured one for himself by talking about playing hurt. It's like starting off a sentence with, "No offense, but." It's always followed by an insult. Of course you meant to offend. Did Derek Jeter claim anything was bothering him when he started the 2004 season 0-for-32? Baseball fans may hate A-Rod's contract, fair enough. But few argue his talent, work ethic and unofficial title as the best player in the game today. In Rodriguez's first year here in 2004, Torre spoke often of how A-Rod was always the first player at the stadium and how diligent he was in preparing his body and mind for the day's work. Only with Rodriguez coming into his office and ostensibly blaming a nagging injury for his midseason struggles, including a horrendous June in which he hit just .213 with three home runs and 11 RBIs, what is Torre supposed to think of him now? All of a sudden the idea that Rodriguez cares way too much about what other people think of him rears up. "When you play this game on an everyday basis, there are very few days you play 100 percent," Torre said. "I'm sure that it was nothing debilitating because he was out there every day. There's really nothing that he's had a great deal of treatment on that's caused concern. Nagging stuff would be my guess." Keep in mind, the injury that supposedly frustrated A-Rod until about a month ago didn't keep him from winning American League Player of the Month for May after hitting .330 with eight home runs and 28 RBIs. It's a shame that for all his talent and all his accomplishments on the field, just about the only thing A-Rod can't get is get good PR. While Rodriguez suffers too much from the expectations of overzealous fans and the criticism by an overambitious media in an overexposed city, it's still his own mouth that gets him in trouble — no matter how much his bat does the talking. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.204.137.58

08/15 23:00,
承認受傷?...
08/15 23:00

08/15 23:10,
大嘴巴
08/15 23:10

08/15 23:33,
一個月前~難怪七月那麼爛@@ 加油啊~~我們需要您拿冠軍!
08/15 23:33

08/15 23:36,
六月才打的不好,七月 OPS 剛好 .9 :P
08/15 23:36