[小威] Justine Henin on Serena

看板Williams作者 (VStarr)時間17年前 (2007/06/04 22:32), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/4 (看更多)
Q. Serena gave the impression to many people with the way she won in Australia and also Miami that if she's around and playing and in good shape, that she's an utterly dominant kind of player. Does that put this particular upcoming match and give it even more significance than it would normally have? JUSTINE HENIN: Well, it's going to be a tough one. Everyone knows how strong is Serena and she's a champion. She will never change. She doesn't have anything to prove to anyone. She did it in the past many times. Everyone asked me, is she back in her best level. That's not the question. I mean, the thing is, I'm going to play Serena on Tuesday and I will just to be focused on my goal, tactically on the court, what I will have to do, and also mentally to be very strong. I want to win this match and I will give everything I can to do it. But who knows what can happen. That's why tennis is so beautiful, because no one knows what's going to happen on the court on Tuesday. Q. If there's any point from Key Biscayne, it's what you learned from that match to take into the next one. You know, Serena has so often when she gets behind, she is just such a strong player from behind. She almost wills herself sometimes to win. And I wonder whether in that match at Key Biscayne you might have gotten caught up in that as she begins to shriek louder the intensity goes up in the match and does that have something of an intimidating effect on you? JUSTINE HENIN: You always can take lessons from what you leave on the tennis court, especially when you lose. It's been on a few points that we played the match, I think, and I -- you know, I also won matches serving match points, and I lost matches having match points myself. That's tennis. And I wasn't very focused on that match for such a long time. It took two days for me to recover from that and I think I took lessons. It's just that with a player like Serena, you must be, from the first point until the end, 200 percent on every point and don't give her anything. And that's why she's strong and, yeah, we will see what's going to happen. Q. When Serena answered our questions during press conference we asked her if she had any conversation with you since 2003. And she said not since 2003, but she never wanted to say more. Did you have a conversation? JUSTINE HENIN: No, we never talked about what happened in 2003, because, well, that's the way it is. We each have our own career. We live our own lives. And I think things have calmed down. In Miami, we had great respect for one another. We fought like tigers, both of us, and in Miami there was great respect on both sides. And that's it. I think it's no use trying to revive an old story. That was four years ago. Q. In an interview between a colleague, Bart, and Serena in the US not long ago, Serena said I have -- there is more rivalry between Serena and myself than with Sharapova because we've played so many games. Do you feel that she's more your opponent than any other big players? JUSTINE HENIN: Well, she's always tried to be intimidating. She's always tried to impress her opponent. So everybody would talk a lot about her. And as compared to Sharapova, I think, well, they've played one another recently. As for Serena, no, we've played many good matches together in the past and we had had great fun and we enjoyed it. So I think it's going to be the same thing on Tuesday. And I hope we'll enjoy playing this quarterfinal, the two of us, and I want to make the most out of this match and to use my best tennis to go as far as possible in this tournament. -- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.57.95.160

06/05 20:34, , 1F
Serena GOGO ~~~~
06/05 20:34, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #16P2AGRe (Williams)
文章代碼(AID): #16P2AGRe (Williams)