Re: 博士班學生之間的勾心鬥角

看板PhD作者 (l'Erudit)時間18年前 (2006/05/13 04:59), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串15/22 (看更多)
※ 引述《dearevan (有情有義流浪漢)》之銘言: : 聽某某學長說很你囂張以為自己實驗都會作唷 : 我愣了一下想說我沒有這樣表示阿 : 那學姊就提醒我說是因為我去實習的時候 : 學長問我知不知道這實驗怎麼做(大學有學過的實驗) : 我想說大學的時候學過也作過就直接說..恩..我知道 : 就因為這樣讓學長對我的印象不是很好 : 覺得我好像自以為什麼都懂 : 學姊就提醒我說...就算你懂...也要裝不懂多問幾次 : 不然對方會把你當作目中無人的傢伙 : 當下讓我大徹大悟 : 學術圈,要低調 : 不然你怎麼死的都不知道!!! : OS:學姊我知道你會看這邊的文章,不要砍我啦,小的知錯了~~~orz I don't think this situation only exists in academic circle. Basically, it is a sort of office culture. I don't think this is your problem but rather that guy's problem. You cannot really judge a people barely by a very first imagination. Surely, this is a part of PhD training. Also, to judge a new-coming student whatever is not really a clever manner. When you say somebody recognises he or he knows everything, you should bear iin mind that, there is possibility that that is true, and even know more than you to some extents. Your story also reflects a ridiculous relation issue. In Taiwanese culture, PhD students have ranks, like in Army, and this rank is set depending on when the student joins the group. It seems the 'higher-rank' students' opinions are always right and they can order lower-rank students to do some works. Certainly, they know more than the lower rank students; however, they are still colleagues. This should not exist among students in a research group. I was lucky that I did my degree in a place without such culture. We called all the members in the group by their first names. In seminar, we asked questions and criticises each others works. In playfield, we were football players in a team again the other. For the rest of our lives, we are friends. PhD students are trained from the first day to recognise the doctors are at the same level as themselves. Students won't be always correct, and lecturers might be wrong. Always think, and think, and think, and think. There is nobody always correct, so you got to find all evidences to support your point and think of them ----- this is independent research. However, if in a system supervisors' words are kings' laws and 'old' students suggestions are taken as prime ministers' orders, then how their graduates can face the cruel world after they leave the group? How can their graduates think independently? I quite doubt. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 81.111.56.53 ※ 編輯: lerudit 來自: 81.111.56.53 (05/13 05:57)

05/13 10:05, , 1F
本日最中肯
05/13 10:05, 1F

05/13 13:30, , 2F
推最後 However 這段! 發人省思...
05/13 13:30, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #14PFSNkd (PhD)
討論串 (同標題文章)
本文引述了以下文章的的內容:
以下文章回應了本文
完整討論串 (本文為第 15 之 22 篇):
文章代碼(AID): #14PFSNkd (PhD)