[新聞] 頭子談北極小猴子

看板Oasis作者 (V for Vendetta)時間18年前 (2006/03/21 21:30), 編輯推噓2(203)
留言5則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/8 (看更多)
Noel Gallagher compares Arctic Monkeys to Oasis The Oasis star speaks out Noel Gallagher has stuck up for Arctic Monkeys following Morrissey's comments that success has come to fast for the band. The Oasis guitarist spoke just hours before the Monkeys opened for the band at the Toronto Air Canada Centre (March 20). "It happens when it happens, man, and I would say thank God that it does happen," he said. "You'd be a bit of an idiot if you said, 'No, I'm too young for a record deal.'" He also explained that Arctic Monkeys' success reminded him of Oasis' career, telling the local Toronto Sun newspaper: "We used to sit and read things about us and think, 'Are they talking about the same band?' Cause we've sold a few records but we've not sold that many records, and we're not that popular.'" He added: "But I would embrace success when it happens. Any level of it. Just fucking get on with it. If the music didn't stand up... but you've only got to listen to (their) tunes. They're unique to themselves. And they've got their own thing and I think it's great. It doesn't sound like anybody else and I like the way that they don't wear shirts and ties and blazers... These kids seem to be pretty much like us. They kind of look like we do." Morrissey slammed Arctic Monkeys earlier in the week, saying: ""It's happening all too quickly for them. They haven't proved a thing and they haven't had to work very hard - that must make them insecure. It's all a bit unnatural. OK they've sold about 700,000 albums, but it can't be gratifying. They haven't been driving up and down the M1 for fifteen years." Gallagher however has praised the band's lyrics saying: "I think with the Arctic Monkeys, a lot of it is about the world play. 'Cause they are quite stunning lyrics, to be honest. The thing about the words, it's alright if you understand them." He continued: "But I'm sure that the Arctic Monkeys couldn't really give a monkey's - whether it translates to people in China or not. They're just doing their thing. And when this kind of thing happens in the first two years, people will dislike the Arctic Monkeys purely for all the hype that surrounds them but that's got nothing' to do with them. "They're probably as embarrassed by it as people who don't like them, 'They don't fucking deserve it.' They're probably as upset about it as Morrissey is, but there's nothing they can do about it. You've just got to fucking get out there man and ride it out." NME http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/22555 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.166.93.59

03/25 00:36, , 1F
看了Uncut的樂評也是大力稱讚歌詞的批判自嘲慧黠
03/25 00:36, 1F

03/25 00:37, , 2F
看來這些猴子是寫歌寫到英國流行搖滾歌迷的心坎裡;)
03/25 00:37, 2F

03/25 00:38, , 3F
希望台灣趕快發行!!!買英版還是要五六百台幣耶orz
03/25 00:38, 3F

03/25 12:07, , 4F
希望EMI能一併發單曲,'When the sun goes down'的兩首
03/25 12:07, 4F