Re: [Ask ] accent

看板EngTalk作者 (celestial)時間14年前 (2009/10/12 11:52), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 1人參與, 最新討論串8/16 (看更多)
※ 引述《Tabrith (t子)》之銘言: : hello everyone, i am just curious how people improve their accent? : although i've been speaking english for a fairly long time, : i still find my accent irritating. : sometimes i think i focus too much on trying to speak naturally : instead of articulate my words... I don't think accent is very important although I have an accent more similar to Americans in California. I think the most important thing is what you deliver in your thoughts and whether you can communicate clearly. In US, there are tons of different accents. I met Indians, Russian, Middle east people etc...Even African American has their own accent, independent from whites. People who look down on you or judge you based on your accents are shallow and superficial. They are WRONG, trust me. They should understand that people have different upbringings and cultural backgrounds. It is especially hard for older people to acquire a totally different tone in speech. A Smart man of wisdom will listen to you with patience and understands what you are trying to say if what you say makes sense. Intelligence is universal, you know... Please do not focus too much on the problem about accent and be confident. Try to improve your accents, but if you finally cannot do it, just focus on other stuff that can be more possibly improved. (ex. clear thoughts, vocabulary, communication skill) You can still achieve excellency by improving other areas. A lot of engineers here in sillicon Vally have accents, but they are still intelligent and deliver thoughts clearly. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 75.43.45.68 ※ 編輯: celestial09 來自: 75.43.45.68 (10/12 11:53)

10/15 04:42, , 1F
i agree with that...people from india have accents
10/15 04:42, 1F

10/15 04:43, , 2F
but, they do have good grammar linguistically
10/15 04:43, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1AqgVwG0 (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1AqgVwG0 (EngTalk)