Re: [Ask ] accent

看板EngTalk作者 (helluva fun)時間14年前 (2009/10/19 15:40), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 1人參與, 最新討論串16/16 (看更多)
※ 引述《celestial09 (celestial)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《xyn (helluva fun)》之銘言: : : Unfortunately, not everyone will think that neither of these accents are : : inferior or superior. That's why some people try to speak with an American or : : British accent, when they are not ABCs or BBCs. Maybe in Taiwan, it is not so : : obvious. But in Singapore, there are many people who suck up to the caucasians. : : (No offense to caucasians) And so they mimic their accent. : : I rest my case. : Do they suck up the caucacians? That's funny. One should not disrespect their : origin and cultural upbringing. Now this is the case of different country and different culture. Different people in different countries think differently and act differently. You cannot assume that everyone thinks the same way. : Here in California, a lot of ABCs are eager to learn Chinese. : Some of them even feel having less advantage because they cannot emerge to : Taiwanese/Chinese speaking group due to language barrier. Some might be considered : more white-washed and having no cultrual identity. : Asian population cosists of the majority in good schools especially UCs, even : outbeat the caucasians. : I never feel caucasin are superior and am proud of my Taiwanese origin. : If ABCs identify themselves as American, then it's normal too. Who wouldn't : love the land they grew up upon and the society that nourishes them? It's like : how we have an emotional connection to Taiwan. : So again, no hatred....more understanding. ditto the last line -- Are you a guitar hero? -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 121.7.167.211

10/23 10:07, , 1F
I agree. Maybe I am naive and always assume people
10/23 10:07, 1F

10/23 10:07, , 2F
are friendly. Maybe I live in my own world. :)
10/23 10:07, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1At1VGHK (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1At1VGHK (EngTalk)