Re: [Ask ] What should I do

看板EngTalk作者 (Zoom in & out!)時間17年前 (2007/08/16 00:44), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串4/5 (看更多)
In my opinion, two ways should be involved in writing English quite well. Because we are not native speakers, we might not explain our thoughts clearly in English way. We might encounter a situation that Chinese people could understand our points easily, but foreigners couldn't catch them easily. It doesn't mean your English is poor. We need to practice in thinking in English way. The first of all, you could use many structures to write the essay. Maybe you could refer to Academic Writing. (1)Short texts, e.g. essays, are normally organised in the form: Introduction > Main body > Conclusion. (2)Long texts, dissertations and articles, may include: Abstract > Contents > Introduction > Main body > Case study > Discussion > Findings > Conclusion > Acknowledgements > Bibliography/ References > Appendics Anyway, sometimes you could write in English quite well, but not smoothly due to the ambiguous structure. It seems that you gotta write the 2000-5000 words eassy. The structure should be involved in this. However, it is not enough. Secondly, if you want your articles could be read comfortably. Please don't use too complicated sentences. It won't show you learned English well, but it might make your words hard to be read. Enlarging your vocabulary pool and learning how to use them correctly should be one of the best way to express your points correctly. Furthermore, many methods could be used to improve our English ability. I just think if you wanna improve the writing skills, especially writing essays. The aforementioned might be a direction for you. Just my opinions..:) Thanks for your reading. ※ 引述《oceantaferia (寶寶)》之銘言: : I found out that I could understand English papers, but it's hard for me to : translate them into Chinese without dictionary. And when I need to write essays in English, : it's hard for me to translate Chinese to English,too. : How can I improve translating skills ? : How can I write as foreigners ? : ( Sometimes it's very easy for me to figure out the paper is written by : Chinese student or Foreigners without finding out thier names. It's really : very different, but I can't achieve it) : Can someone give me some opinions ? -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.117.176.151

08/16 11:40, , 1F
that's a good way to learn english
08/16 11:40, 1F

08/17 09:11, , 2F
Great!
08/17 09:11, 2F

09/21 12:28, , 3F
a pretty opinion to keep in mind~ thanks a lot
09/21 12:28, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #16mos1T3 (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #16mos1T3 (EngTalk)