Re: [Ask ] What should I do

看板EngTalk作者 (畜生俊)時間17年前 (2007/08/15 22:02), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串3/5 (看更多)
※ 引述《oceantaferia (寶寶)》之銘言: : I found out that I could understand English papers, but it's hard for me to : translate them into Chinese without dictionary. And when I need to write essays in English, : it's hard for me to translate Chinese to English,too. In my opinion, papers are helping us to support the results of our researches, also, we are not going to perform translation, we just need to get the thesis of each article, and that's enough. : How can I improve translating skills ? If you try to be a good researcher, I advise you to enhance you English writing, but it takes practices. Also, give a try of English thinking. Sometimes, you would notice the cause-and-effect are opposite in the sentence structure. And remember that we are use English to communicate, not to convey some information that is difficult to understand. : How can I write as foreigners ? : ( Sometimes it's very easy for me to figure out the paper is written by : Chinese student or Foreigners without finding out thier names. It's really : very different, but I can't achieve it) I think who wrote this paper is not impartant, but they truly do contribution to our academics. Also, beware of this kind of seperation (ex. Chinese and Foreigners), it just sound like a little racial discrimination to them. (I know you are not mean it, dont put in mind.) : Can someone give me some opinions ? I admit that I am not a professional researcher or scientist right now, but that's my dream. The above are just a few comments. Wish have advantages to you. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.136.199.245 ※ 編輯: mikolai 來自: 220.136.199.245 (08/15 22:04)
文章代碼(AID): #16mmTnE9 (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #16mmTnE9 (EngTalk)