Re: Derrick: life in Taiwan vs Aus/NZ

看板EngTalk作者 (TINBING)時間18年前 (2005/09/22 15:34), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串5/8 (看更多)
Regarding the textile industry in Taiwan, I think some companies which deal with other foreign companies are still profitable. In my experience, one of my boss's freiend who deals in ceramic faces the competition from China because he only do business in Taiwan. My boss is smarter than the others. He knows how to find the best quality products in China and how to pack and sell them to other countries in high price. I think it could be non-profitable if doing business only with Taiwan companies. However, that is the condition of trading company. How about the manufacturing factory? I think they are still profitable At least one of the biggest manufacturing factories whick produce ceramic is still profitable. Almost manufacturing factories in China still produce low level products, such as ceramic eye or ceramic tube. But Taiwan's factories give those up and transfer to high level products, such as air jet. I know a number of China manufacturers try to produce it by poor technology and people but they don't know the technology to produce valid product. They noly know copy and copy. Maybe five or ten years later they would change their aptitude but right now they can't. Undoubtedly, the profit is getting lower. I think Taiwan's company can survive depdend on high level product right now. How about five or ten years later? Who knows ! Regarding the expenditure in the UK, I have no idea. In my sister's experience she spent noly $NT 800,000 for her postgraduate. Although the rate of exchange was about 1 to 50, 1 to 60 right now, the expenditure included tuition, food, accommodation, and two trips in Europe. In my opinion, the best advantage to studying in the UK is that I only spend one year to get the degree. I think the situation in the UK is the same with that in the US. It could be cheaper except London. I have few information about the UK right now. Some my peers who studid with me are in the UK now. If I meet them in the msn, I will ask them about the expenditure. ※ 引述《demonderrick (Derrick)》之銘言: : I agree with you on the textile thing... : Taiwan is now making high price/quality thing.. : for sure there will still be business for those... : but will that be so profitable?? : In my experience on KOHL's (Li-Fung Company) : They rarely could affroad those high quality textile thing : It is too expensive for them since the budget is tight. : so, I believe the profit is getting lower and lower.. : But heck, they will find their way out ;) : I don't see why the UK is cheaper. : I think it is in the same range, ain't it? : For my past experience... : regular life in US is approximately thirty'ish thousand USD per year. : that includes tuition, rental, food, and insurance. : $15000 for tuition and $6000 for rental.. : it is roughly $1200000 NTD per year : If you study at Harvard, that is another case : cuz it is almost fourty grand a year for tuition.. : not to mention the house rental in Harvard area is sky high. : Could you tell me the idea how much will UK charge per year? : Just a rough idea... I might go there for another degree ;) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.139.90.133
文章代碼(AID): #13Cbvu-z (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #13Cbvu-z (EngTalk)