Re: [Talk] Internet Dating

看板EngTalk作者 (繼續努力!)時間19年前 (2004/10/05 16:16), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串8/9 (看更多)
: One of my principles is never to date with anyone unknown. : We might talk to someone on internet everyday, : but how can we be sure that the words he/she says are true? : People can always invent stories. : For example I can say I'm a 35-year-old married woman, but in fact I'm : a 20-year-old boy who's looking for a girlfriend! : How can you tell if I'm lying? : I think it's a wonderful way to make friends through internet. : Sometimes we can be even more "ourselves" by just chatting online. : But I would never ask to meet the "well-known" but "unknown" friends. : I believe if I keep the distance this way, maybe this friendship could last : for a longer period of time. : That was my personal opinion ^^ Yeah, I think I agree with you on the ideas that we don't really know who we are talking to on the net, and that people can make up stories and that it's safer just to be distant friends on the net etc. In fact, I have foudn that I am willing to share stories over teh net that I am unwilling to share with my friends in real life. And in that sense, I am indeed more myself over the internet. However, it is also true though that internet has its limits. You can only know someone so well without seeing them in person, and getting to know them that way. P{erhaps that even explains why long distance relationships are so hard to maintain? I think I am mixing two topics, but think about it though, while internet friends can be really nice, willing to listen etc, however, they can never be there for you, to share your experiences in life, in the sense that you expect your friends to be. Again I'm getting off topic. Oops~ Never mind, just some thoughts about internet friends in general. -- The only thing worse than being rejected is being forgotten. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.246.4.179
文章代碼(AID): #11ObXqkM (EngTalk)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #11ObXqkM (EngTalk)