[請益] 請問Lucy got packed, too. 何意?

看板Eng-Class作者 (tucson)時間10年前 (2014/06/15 21:57), 10年前編輯推噓2(2010)
留言12則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
請問最後的那句"Lucy got packed, too.的got packed 是何意? Behind Mr. Stud, Lucy Lane mumbled to a friend of hers, "Like learning this is going to help us in real life. Like it's going to show on our test." 'Please explain why some female spiders will eat their mates after mating.'" "And why, Mr. Johnson," Mr. Stud said, "to paraphrase Miss Lane's excellent question, does this matter in our real life?" "Busted," Drover muttered. "Shut up," Lucy hissed, her face even brighter red than her skirt. At least Lucy got packed, too. Mr. Stud was the only teacher who ever caught her saying anything bad. He had super-hearing ears. 最後的那句"Lucy got packed, too. 是何意? 有查了longman與oald的 pack 與 packed 意思好像沒有適合的 Longman: packed 1 extremely full of people: a packed courtroom packed with The island was packed with tourists. 2 packed with/full of something containing a lot of a particular type of thing: a new magazine packed with exciting recipes 3 [not before noun] if you are packed, you have put everything you need into cases ready to go somewhere 4 tightly/loosely/densely packed pressed, arranged etc closely or not closely together: houses tightly packed in rows OALD: 1 extremely full of people Synonym: crowded The restaurant was packed. The show played to packed houses(= large audiences). 2 containing a lot of a particular thing packed with something The book is packed with information. packed -packed an information-packed book 3 tightly packed pressed closely together The birds' nests are lined with tightly packed leaves. 4 [not before noun] (informal) having put everything you need into cases, boxes, etc. before you go somewhere I'm all packed and ready to go. -------------------------------------- pack Longman: pack1 S2 W3 1 clothes[intransitive and transitive] also pack up to put things into cases, bags etc ready for a trip somewhere: I forgot to pack my razor. Have you finished packing yet? pack your things/belongings Kelly packed her things before breakfast. pack a bag/case You'd better pack your bags. We're leaving in an hour. pack somebody something Shall I pack us a picnic? 2 goods[transitive] also pack up to put something into a box or other container, so that it can be moved, sold, or stored pack something in/into something Now wild mushrooms are available all year, packed in handy 25g boxes. 3 crowd [intransitive always + adverb/preposition, transitive] to go in large numbers into a space, or to make people or animals do this, until the space is too full pack into/in/onto 50,000 fans packed into the stadium. The sheep had been packed into a truck and transported without food or water. 4 protect something [transitive] to cover or fill an object with soft material so that it does not get damaged pack in/with Glass must be packed in several layers of paper. 5 snow/soil etc to press snow, soil, sand etc down so that it becomes hard and firm pack something down Pack the soil down firmly. 6 pack your bags informal to leave a place and not return, especially because of a disagreement 7 pack a gun American English informal to carry a gun 8 pack a (hard/hefty/strong etc) punch also pack a wallop informal to have a very strong or impressive effect: The Spanish wine, with the flavour of honey, packed quite a punch. --> send somebody packing at send (11) pack something <--> away phrasal verb to put something back in a box, case etc where it is usually kept: Christmas was over and the decorations packed away. pack in phrasal verb 1 pack something <--> in also pack something into something to do a lot in a limited period of time, or fit a lot of information, ideas etc into a limited space: We packed a lot of sightseeing into two weeks. In an essay of 2000 words, you can pack a lot in. 2 pack somebody <--> in informal if a film, play etc packs people in, it attracts large numbers to come and see it: Any film starring Tom Cruise always packs them in. 3 pack something <--> in British English informal to stop doing a job or activity that you are not enjoying: After one year, I packed in university. Sometimes I feel like packing it all in and going off travelling. 4 pack it in British English spoken used to tell someone to stop doing something that is annoying you 5 British English informal if a machine packs in, it stops working because there is something wrong with it [= pack up]: Halfway to the airport, the engine packed in. pack somebody/something off phrasal verb to send someone to stay somewhere for a period of time pack somebody/something off to My parents used to pack us off to camp every summer. pack up phrasal verb 1 to put things into cases, bags etc ready for a trip somewhere: Most of the holidaymakers had packed up and gone. pack something <--> up I gave her a hand packing up her clothes and stuff. 2 pack something <--> up to put something into a box or other container, so that it can be moved, sold, or stored: Don't worry. The removal men will pack everything up. 3 informal to finish work at the end of the day: 'What time do you pack up?' 'Oh, about six.' 4 British English informal if a machine packs up, it stops working because there is something wrong with it [= pack in]: The photocopier's packed up again. 5 pack something <--> up British English informal to stop doing something, especially a job: He packed up his teaching job after only three months. OALD: put into container 1 [intransitive, transitive] to put clothes, etc. into a bag in preparation for a trip away from home I haven't packed yet. pack something I haven't packed my suitcase yet. He packed a bag with a few things and was off. He packed a few things into a bag. Did you pack the camera? pack somebody something I've packed you some food for the journey. 2 [transitive] pack something (up) (in/into something) to put something into a container so that it can be stored, transported or sold The pottery was packed in boxes and shipped to the US. I carefully packed up the gifts. He found a part-time job packing eggs. Opposite: unpack protect 3 [transitive] pack something (in/with something) to protect something that breaks easily by surrounding it with soft material The paintings were carefully packed in newspaper. preserve food 4 [transitive] pack something (in something) to preserve food in a particular substance fish packed in ice fill 5 [intransitive, transitive] to fill something with a lot of people or things + adverb/preposition We all packed together into one car. pack something (with something) Fans packed the hall to see the band. Pack wet shoes with newspaper to help them dry. see also packed, packed out snow/soil 6 [transitive] pack something (down) to press something such as snow or soil to form a thick hard mass Pack the earth down around the plant. a patch of packed snow carry gun 7 [transitive, intransitive] pack (something) (North American English, informal) to carry a gun to pack a gun Is he packing? storm 8 [transitive] pack something to have something A storm packing 75 mph winds swept across the area last night. Idioms -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 219.85.141.50 ※ 文章網址: http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Eng-Class/M.1402840659.A.0F2.html

06/15 23:10, , 1F
我比較好奇的是你為何要改變內容?
06/15 23:10, 1F

06/15 23:10, , 2F
如果你沒有改,這就是「原文」,那麼不必看了,因為已經過
06/15 23:10, 2F

06/15 23:10, , 3F
度更動到你無法從context推論出那字的意思
06/15 23:10, 3F

06/15 23:10, , 4F
原本小說的內容很容易看出意思(從'pack'的基本意思(之一)
06/15 23:10, 4F

06/15 23:10, , 5F
再聯想一下)
06/15 23:10, 5F

06/16 00:39, , 6F
我這把年紀了,我也是有在讀這年齡層的小說。好看就是好看
06/16 00:39, 6F

06/16 00:40, , 7F
怕什麼
06/16 00:40, 7F
這是補習班的reading handout 它是從小說來的嗎? 哪一本呢? ※ 編輯: tucson (219.85.141.50), 06/16/2014 00:47:53

06/16 20:18, , 8F
有沒有可能是urbandictionary裡的這個解釋呢?
06/16 20:18, 8F

06/16 20:18, , 9F
to be defeated
06/16 20:18, 9F

06/16 20:24, , 10F
有種言情小說內容的感覺...
06/16 20:24, 10F

06/16 20:31, , 11F
哈哈樓上+1
06/16 20:31, 11F