[外電] Wang makes case for Cy Young

看板CMWang作者 (YANKEES HOT ★☆★☆★ )時間16年前 (2007/09/16 01:44), 編輯推噓4(402)
留言6則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
http://0rz.tw/4f34W Wang makes case for Cy Young By PETER ABRAHAM (THE JOURNAL NEWS) (Original publication: September 15, 2007) BOSTON - Chien-Ming Wang finished second in the Cy Young voting last season, a distant 89 points behind Minnesota's Johan Santana. "I didn't think I would win," he said. "So I wasn't upset. It was OK with me." But Wang (18-6, 3.69) is a legitimate candidate for the award this season. As the Yankees close in on a playoff berth, he is 5-0 with a 2.04 ERA in his last five starts, holding opponents to a .205 batting average. With at least three starts remaining in the regular season, the right-hander from Taiwan has a chance to become baseball's first 20-game winner since 2005. Wang can add to his resume this afternoon with a good performance against the Red Sox. Boston will start its ace, right-hander Josh Beckett (18-6, 3.27). Beckett, Wang, Cleveland's C.C. Sabathia and Detroit's Justin Verlander are the top contenders for the American League Cy Young. Wang and Beckett have sharply contrasting styles. Beckett has struck out 173 and Wang only 91 because he pitches to contact with his sinker. "I think it's going to be interesting to see how people think. I can't fault whoever votes for either one of them," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "Wang doesn't have the strikeouts, as we all know, but that doesn't mean he can't get people out." Wang said his only goal is to pitch in the playoffs again. "I don't think people would vote for me," he said. "I'm not as famous. But if we win the World Series, that would be better." Bullpen blight: Kyle Farnsworth (stiff neck) was unavailable for a fourth consecutive game. He is feeling better and hopes to be able to pitch today. Luis Vizcaino felt tightness in his right shoulder after pitching an inning on Thursday in Toronto. He had sat out the previous eight days with a shoulder issue. The Yankees are hoping Vizcaino was just feeling the effects of a long layoff. He pitched a scoreless eighth last night. Manny out: The Yankees will not have to deal with Manny Ramirez this weekend. The screwball slugger has not played since Aug. 28 because of a strained oblique muscle on his left side. Ramirez is hitting .392 with four homers and eight RBI in 13 games against the Yankees this season. Mike Lowell hit cleanup in his place. "I like Manny but I'm not going to miss him in the lineup," Torre said. Ramirez is expected back next week. He took batting practice while wearing a shower cap. Apparently he had just had his hair colored. Hughes takes it in: Phil Hughes Sr. is from Rhode Island and raised his son as a Red Sox fan. Now Phil Hughes Jr. pitches for the Yankees. "I remember coming here when I was a kid and seeing the Red Sox," Hughes said as he looked around Fenway Park. "It's smaller than I remember." Hughes, 21, said he rooted for Mo Vaughn, Nomar Garciaparra and Tim Wakefield growing up in California. That ended when the Yankees drafted him in 2004. Hughes has yet to pitch at Fenway. "I'm looking forward to it," he said. "Those old parks are cool." Extra bases: Roger Clemens reported no problems with his elbow after his bullpen session on Thursday and will start tomorrow. Torre said he would probably not be on a pitch count. "The first couple of innings will be important to see how many he throws," Torre said. ... Hughes will start on Monday against Baltimore. But the rotation beyond that is unsettled. Mike Mussina and Ian Kennedy are likely to follow. The Yankees want to try to keep Wang and Andy Pettitte on regular rest for the most part and work the other four starters in around that. ... Shelley Duncan (bone bruise in his left pelvis) said he is at least a few days away from being ready to play. --- 漫漫長夜 大家來練練英文 ^^ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 125.232.144.185

09/16 01:49, , 1F
我END了
09/16 01:49, 1F

09/16 01:50, , 2F
我也偷End了 看到簽名黨決定乖乖重開 希望不要有睡意
09/16 01:50, 2F

09/16 01:56, , 3F
看完了\(^▽^)/ 這篇不難看懂(吧?)
09/16 01:56, 3F

09/16 01:57, , 4F
不難懂啦...認真看一下多少對自己有幫助啦~
09/16 01:57, 4F