Re: [新聞] A-Rod speaks in MLB.com exclusive

看板A-Rod作者 (Know thyself)時間17年前 (2007/06/30 10:32), 編輯推噓12(1200)
留言12則, 12人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
Let's hear what Mr. Mars has to say:) ______________________________________________________________________ 06/27/2007 5:15 PM ET A-Rod speaks in MLB.com exclusive Yankees star grateful for All-Star votes, comfortable with NYC A-Rod在MLB.com的獨家專訪 這位洋基巨星表示:很感謝球迷們在明星賽的投票支持,他在紐約覺得很自在。 By Geremy Bass / MLB.com BALTIMORE -- Yankees superstar Alex Rodriguez made one thing very clear in an exclusive interview with MLB.com before the Yanks' contest against the Orioles at Camden Yards on Wednesday. "I don't consider myself a celebrity," he said. 在禮拜三洋基作客金鶯隊的比賽前,A-Rod接受MLB.com專訪。他清楚明白地表示: 「我不認為自己是個名人。」 Approximately 2.5 million All-Star votes from fans around the country may say otherwise. 但是全國將近兩百五十萬的明星賽票數顯示事情可能不是如他說的那樣。 Celebrity or not, Rodriguez spent time in front of cameras thanking fans for their support and discussing the spectrum of topics that cross fans' minds on a daily basis. 無論他是不是名人,A-Rod還是在攝影機前對球迷的支持表示感謝,並回答了一系列球迷 經常會想到的問題。 Rodriguez currently leads all Major Leaguers in All-Star voting and is poised to make his 11th All-Star appearance in July. He's never finished first in the balloting and said, despite the Midsummer Classic's reputation as a secondary topic in players' minds, he holds the voting and the game itself in high esteem. A-Rod目前在明星賽票選中領先大聯盟群雄,好整以暇準備於七月第十一度在明星賽 亮相。他以前從未拿過票選第一名。雖然大家都知道球員們並不把仲夏經典看做一等一 的重要比賽,但A-Rod還是非常看重票選和比賽。 "Especially because I get criticized so much from so many angles, it's refreshing and very humbling for me to be the No. 1 vote-getter in all of Major League Baseball," he said. "It's always been one of my goals, because as a kid, I never missed an All-Star Game. It's such a fun game, and right now it has tremendous ramifications for home-field [advantage] in the World Series. It's something that I take tremendous [pride] in." 「因為我受到來自各方的許多批評,拿到全聯盟票選第一讓我特別振奮和謙虛。」 「這一直是我的目標之一。當我還是小朋友時,我從未錯過明星賽轉播。明星賽是如此 的有趣,現在又對世界大賽的主場優勢有很大的影響。我對能參賽真的感到非常自豪。」 With the year he's having at the plate, it seems only fair that he's the top dog in the ballots. Heading into Wednesday's action, Rodriguez leads the Majors in home runs (28), RBIs (77), total bases (194) and runs scored (72). He attributed much of his first-half success this season to finally finding a comfort level playing in New York. 從今年的表現來看,A-Rod拿到票選第一非常合理。到禮拜三為止,A-Rod在全壘打(28) 打點(77),壘打數(194),以及得分(72)等項目都在大聯盟領先群雄。他將前半季 的成功大部分原因歸於他找到了在紐約打球的自在感。 "I've always said it takes some people six months, a year, maybe two years to get used to New York," Rodriguez said. "For me, perhaps, it's taken a full three and a half years. I'm at that point where I've let all distractions get out of the way and really focused on the game. I really enjoy the game and don't worry about what's being written and what's being said. 「我說過:有些人也許要半年、一年、或兩年的時間才能適應紐約。」A-Rod表示。 「而我可能花了整整三年半。我已經達到能將所有干擾排開,專心打球的境界。我很享受 比賽,我不在意記者們怎麼寫或是大家怎麼說。」 "I couldn't care less about what's written. What I care about is how you play the game, how your teammates and coaches feel about you. When you get over 2 million votes, that's something that I'll never forget." 「我一點都不在意關於我的報導。我在意的是如何打球,還有隊友和教練對我的觀感。 畢竟我拿到了兩百多萬票,我一定會將這些記在心裡。」 Even off the field, living the New York lifestyle has taken some getting used to for Rodriguez. He said he and his wife have learned to enjoy the city's pulse by going out to restaurants and plays with regularity. 在場下,A-Rod也花了一些時間適應紐約的生活。他表示他和老婆藉著上館子和規律的打 球學會了如何享受這城市的脈動。 "I've had some of the best ups and some of the worst downs in New York from a performance point of view," he said. "If you realize that this is the best and this is the worst, you might as well go out and have fun. You just have to embrace New York and enjoy New York." 「在表現方面,我在紐約經歷過最高峰和最低潮。」「如果你能體認高峰和低潮,你還是 可以出外找樂子而不受影響。你得擁抱並享受紐約。」 It's important to remember, however, that there was life before the Big Apple for Rodriguez. He attributed much of his growth and success to Lou Piniella, who managed him for seven years in Seattle, and Edgar Martinez, with whom he played alongside for the Mariners. 但我們別忘了在他來到大蘋果之前,A-Rod也在其他地方待過。他說他大部分的進步和成 功要歸功於在水手隊帶了他七年的Lou Piniela,還有水手隊的隊友Edgar Martinez。 Their guidance, he said, led him to what he's become -- a force on the field and the leader of arguably the most potent lineup in baseball. A-Rod說,他們的指引幫助他成為場上的一員猛將,以及洋基超強打線中的首席強棒。 "I make it a point to be here early, stay here late and be available for my teammates," Rodriguez said. "But leadership is not something that comes with great numbers, home runs, or RBIs. It's something that's anointed to you by your teammates, your coaches and your manager. And for me, the way I lead is through example." 「我總是早到球場,晚晚離開,盡力幫助隊友。」「但領導地位不是靠數據表現掙來的 而是由隊友、教練、經理交付給你的。以我自己來說,我領導的方式是以身作則。」 Rodriguez has also led the wave of fan interaction by launching arod.com in 2006. He enjoys letting fans into his personal life and professional career, one of the reasons he agreed to a one-on-one interview with MLB.com after politely declining approximately 60 other offers, said Steve Fortunato, Rodriguez's business spokesman. A-Rod也在2006年建立起arod.com,引領了與球迷互動的風氣。他喜歡讓球迷探索他的 個人世界和職業生涯。所以他才答應與MLB.com進行一對一的訪談,之前他拒絕了差不多 60個其他訪談邀約,A-Rod的生意發言人Steve Fortunato如此表示。 "He thought MLB.com is doing a great job and would be a great forum for him," Fortunato said. "He wants to help promote the All-Star voting and just thought it would be a good way for the fans to hear him speak." 「他認為MLB.com經營得很好,對他會是個很棒的溝通平台。」Fortunato說。 「他想幫忙推動明星賽票選,他覺得讓球迷聽他說說話會是個不賴的辦法。」 After mentioning everything from the children's books he's written to the eclectic range of Madonna to Jay-Z on his iPod, Rodriguez gave insight into what the future holds for the 31-year-old standout. 談過了他為小朋友寫的童書和他iPod上面有的歌曲,A-Rod也透露了自己的未來期許。 "There are no guarantees in life, but like some famous athletes have said, '99.9 percent chance I would never coach or manage in the Major Leagues,'" Rodriguez said. "But I do have interest in owning a ballclub someday, and I have interest in putting into practice my crazy work ethic that I have in baseball in the business world." 「人生沒有必然。但我記得有個著名運動家說過:有99.9的機率我決不會在大聯盟當教 頭。」A-Rod說。「但我對經營球隊的確有興趣,我也想在棒球生意上試行我的瘋狂工作 態度守則。」 If his future team mirrors the success he's had over his 14-year career, he's got a World Series champion in the making. 如果他未來帶領的球隊能和他迄今14年的職業生涯一樣成功的話,他的世界大賽冠軍就 不再是夢想了。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.117.36.113

06/30 11:24, , 1F
頭毛推
06/30 11:24, 1F

06/30 11:34, , 2F
額頭推
06/30 11:34, 2F

06/30 11:43, , 3F
眉毛推
06/30 11:43, 3F

06/30 11:53, , 4F
A-ROD很具明星風度呀
06/30 11:53, 4F