Re: [請益] TO HIS COY MISTRESS

看板poetry作者 (mildred)時間14年前 (2010/04/18 03:14), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《celestial09 (Koouos :D)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《irisxoxo (艾瑞絲)》之銘言: : : Had we but world enough, and time, : : This coyness, lady, were no crime. : : We would sit down, and think which way : : To walk, and pass our long love’s day. : : Thou by the Indian Ganges’ side : : Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide : : Of Humber would complain. I would : : Love you ten years before the flood, : : And you should, if you please, refuse : : Till the conversion of the Jews. : : My vegetable love should grow : : Vaster than empires and more slow; : : An hundred years should go to praise : : Thine eyes, and on thy forehead gaze; : : Two hundred to adore each breast, : : But thirty thousand to the rest; : : An age at least to every part, : : And the last age should show your heart. : : For lady, you deserve this state, : : Nor would I love at lower rate. : 第一段是說:(假設我是這個男的) XD : 我愛妳之深,深到時間都不夠我去景仰妳的美 : 我願意用緩慢的速度,淺嘗你的靈魂,讚美妳的身體; : 而妳的拒絕(求歡),使得我對妳的愛更深層更美 : : But at my back I always hear : : Time’s wingèd chariot hurrying near; : : And yonder all before us lie : : Deserts of vast eternity. : : Thy beauty shall no more be found, : : Nor, in thy marble vault, shall sound : : My echoing song; then worms shall try : : That long-preserved virginity, : : And your quaint honor turn to dust, : : And into ashes all my lust: : : The grave’s a fine and private place, : : But none, I think, do there embrace. : 第二段是說: : 時間不夠了XD。妳的肉體終將腐化,而永恆的美麗如此悲傷的並不存在。 : 我的愛慾將化作灰燼,而妳的聖潔也將化作塵土。 : : Now therefore, while the youthful hue : : Sits on the skin like morning dew, : : And while thy willing soul transpires : : At every pore with instant fires, : : Now let us sport us while we may, : : And now, like amorous birds of prey, : : Rather at once our time devour : : Than languish in his slow-chapped power. : : Let us roll all our strength and all : : Our sweetness up into one ball, : : And tear our pleasures with rough strife : : Thorough the iron gates of life: : : Thus, though we cannot make our sun : : Stand still, yet we will make him run. : 結束的這段是說: : 愛慾的氣息在我們之間蔓延,靈魂渴望交流;請妳回應我的熱情。 : 人生苦短,得意須盡歡 XD : ======================================================= : 這首詩還蠻有趣的,不知時空背景是什麼?作者想表達什麼意念? : 我的感覺與理解是: : 作者深情款款的,希望在愛的剎那中,尋求那不可尋求的永恆。 這首詩剛好是我們班,這次期中考的範圍。 在最後一段stanza裡,暗示了一個相當重要的觀點: carpe diem (seize the day,trusting as little as possible in the future) 在維基百科裡有提到: "To His Coy Mistress" is a witty metaphysical poem written by the British author and statesman Andrew Marvell (1621–1678) either during or just before the Interregnum. Marvell probably wrote the poem prior to serving in Oliver Cromwell's government as a minister. The poem was not published in his lifetime. The speaker of the poem addresses a woman who has been slow to respond to his sexual advances. In the first stanza he describes how he would love her if they had an unlimited amount of time. He could spend centuries admiring each part of her body and her refusal to comply would not faze him. In the second stanza, he remembers how short human life is. Once it is over, the opportunity to enjoy each other is gone because no one embraces in the grave. In the last stanza, the speaker urges the woman to comply, arguing that in loving each other with fervor they will make the most of the short time they have to live. 至於抑揚四步格iambic tetrameter,在維基百科裡也解釋得很清楚。 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iambic_tetrameter (維基百科裡頭真的有很多很棒的參考資料喔!!) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.114.11.186
文章代碼(AID): #1BoWY6JA (poetry)
文章代碼(AID): #1BoWY6JA (poetry)