Re: [情報] Rendy on Deuce, Be Not Afraid Of Gro …

看板TW-M-Tennis作者 (認真你就輸了)時間15年前 (2009/05/28 17:42), 編輯推噓14(1401)
留言15則, 15人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
: http://0rz.tw/RB818 “Be the first to the field and the last to the couch” While attempting to push himself to the maximum on and off the court each day to achieve his goals, Lu’s body was not willing to cooperate. The injuries started coming, one after another, until they began to pile up. “His injuries cost him a lot of time,” says Hordoff. “One reason was the lack of knowledge how to build up his body in his junior times. After understanding what to do and how to work, he is now fit and healthy and able to compete at the highest standard.” "當第一個到場上,最後一個休息的人" 不論場上場下,彥勳總是試著把自己推到最極限好達成他的目標,然而他的身體卻不願 配合。受傷累積愈來愈多,一次又一次,最後開始積成問題。 "他的傷花了他不少的時間," Hordoff表示 。 "原因之一是在年少時期缺乏鍛鍊身體 的知識。在了解訓練什麼和該怎麼訓練之後,現在彥勳的身體狀態是很好的,而且足以 應付職業網壇對體能的高標準。 “ In June of 2004, Lu finally began to reap the reward for all his hard work. A third-round showing at Queen’s Club with wins over Wayne Arthurs and World No. 3 Guillermo Coria showed promise. Finally, he thought, he had arrived. It was not to last. Once again, his body began to break down. Now it was the shoulder, and when that got a little bit better, next came the lower back. The problem seemed to be that when one part of his body was injured or weak, Lu pushed the rest of his body so much that the extra stress caused an injury somewhere else. 2004年6月,彥勳的辛苦努力開始有了回報了,在女王草地錦標賽(感謝dwesly指正) 打進了第三輪,一路擊敗雙打好手Wayne Arthurs和當時世界第三的Guillermo Coria ,終於,他心想,夢想成真的這一天終於來了,但,好景不常。 再一次地,他的身體開始故障了。現在輪到了肩膀,而當肩膀傷勢有好一點時,接下來 換下背部出問題了。問題似乎是來自於,當彥勳某部份的身體受傷或使不上力時,取而 代之地,他把剩下良好的部位推到了極限,過度的壓力造成了傷害的轉移。 For much of the time Lu could be seen serving at half-speed during matches, or wincing in pain when he was forced to bend low for a ball. In the players’ lounge many a player and coach thought Lu foolish to continue playing when he was obviously injured and in pain. What they did not know, was that for Lu the prize money, even for a first-round loss, was better than nothing for his family. And he had his mother and brother to think about first. As his ranking dropped, he would spend the next three and half years wrapped up in tape and strapped with ice bags competing primarily on the Challenger Tour and occasionally in ATP World Tour events when he qualified. Though there were plenty of injury-filled days of doubt, his work ethic never once waivered. 大多數時間,比賽時,彥勳只能用半速發球,在需要彎腰撿球時,臉部常常可以看出 他痛苦的表情。在球員休息室中,許多球員和教練都認為,明知道受傷和痛苦,繼續 打下去的彥勳是愚蠢的,然而他們並不知道,小盧繼續打下去是為了第一輪落敗的獎金 ,即便微薄,也比退賽兩手空空來的好。彥勳總是把他的母親和哥哥放在第一位,而不 顧自己的身體。 接著他的排名下降,未來的三年半時間裡,他的身體總是和繃帶和冰袋為伍,彥勳持續的 在挑戰賽,偶爾在ATP等級的比賽奮鬥。儘管受傷的日子裡總是出現對自己的懷疑, 但他的運動家精神卻從未消失。 “I always tell myself I should do and try my best for everything,” admits Lu. “After a few years I don’t want to look back on my tennis career and feel that if I worked harder maybe something would have been different. What I mean to say is that I don’t want to feel regret that I did not do my best.” Though Lu is widely praised for his hard work, there is more, another side to the young man that has endeared him to many. "我總是告訴自己這是我應該做的,我必須盡我所能完成一切,"彥勳承認。 "幾年後,在回頭看我的網球生涯時,我不想有『如果我當時更努力一點,結局也許就不 一樣了』的這種想法。我的意思是說,我不想因為沒有盡我所能而感到遺憾。" 雖然小盧因為認真打拼而廣受好評,但更重要的是,彥勳的另一面讓他更受人喜愛。 “Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself” Professor Yuan-Tseh Lee, one of Chinese Taipei’s most famous men and an avid tennis player, is no stranger to receiving awards. Winning the 1986 Nobel Prize for his contributions to the field of chemistry took care of that. But the award he is about to receive now holds a special place in his heart. Lu and WTA Tour player Shu-Wei Hsieh enter Professor Lee’s office and each shake hands with the professor. Then with both hands, Lu politely raises the Asian Hopman Cup to Professor Lee, presenting him with the trophy in gratitude for all that the professor has done to help tennis players in his country. "師父領進門,修行在個人" 李遠哲教授是台灣有名的人物,也是網球界的熱心推手,得獎的常客。1986年因為他對 化學界的貢獻而得到了諾貝爾化學獎,但在他心中,另外這個獎,佔據了他心中特別的 地方。 盧彥勳和謝淑薇,進入了李遠哲教授的辦公室,彼此握了手之後,彥勳禮貌地雙手遞上 亞洲霍普曼杯獎杯給李遠哲教授,為了感激李遠哲教授對台灣網球的所作所為。 “Professor Lee has done so much for all players here in Taiwan,” Lu says. “ He has helped us by giving time and wisdom and also finding sponsors.” “Receiving a beautiful Asian Hopman Cup (2007) from Rendy and Shu-Wei was a thrilling experience,” admits Professor Lee. “It was beyond my dream. The Hopman Cup is now displayed in my office in the Academia Sinica.” “Professor Lee is much more than just a friend,” Lu begins. “He has become like a second father to me. He always makes time for me, but he has not only helped me but so many players.” "李教授為台灣的所有球員作了太多" 彥勳表示,"他把他的時間和智慧給予了我們, 也幫我們找到贊助商。 ” "從彥勳和淑薇手中收到這個漂亮的亞洲霍普曼杯獎杯(2007)是非常震奮人心的體驗" 李遠哲教授說道,"這超出了我的夢想。現在這個獎盃將在我的辦公室中研院裡展示。" "李教授不僅僅是一個朋友," 彥勳開始說道。 "他現在就像我的第二個父親一樣,總是 預留時間給我,但他不僅幫助我,也幫助超多球員。" “Rendy is very loyal,” Hordoff says. “And he never forgets those that help him. To see how he cares about his family and Professor Lee is really very special.” “Rendy has gone through a very hard time, including the loss of his father - his tennis tutor - at the tender age and injuries,” says Professor Lee. “ But he did not disappoint anybody who has rooted for his success. He is a good role model for young people in Taiwan.” "Rendy非常忠誠," Hordoff說,"他從未忘記那些曾經幫助他的人。看看他關心他的家人 和李教授,這是很難能可貴的。" "Rendy經歷了一段十分艱難的時期,包括啟蒙他網球的父親年少時的驟然去世,還有 無止盡的受傷," 李教授說。 "但他沒有讓支持他成功的人失望,他是一個台灣青少年很 好的榜樣。" How good a role model has he been for the development of Chinese Taipei tennis? Just ask Yang Tsung Hua, who in 2008 became the country’s first-ever ITF top ranked junior boy. “Before Rendy showed us, we did not know what it takes to be great,” says Hua. “He not only gave me advice for on-court training and fitness, but he showed me by example how to run for every ball, and how to do your best at every practice. I can see by him how working hard and being professional is the way to make my dream come true.” 彥勳對台灣的網球是多麼好的一個榜樣呢?問問楊宗樺就知道,2008年,小胖楊宗樺 成為台灣史上首位ITF青少年網球球王。 "在Rendy成功之前,我們不知道打好球要付出多少," 楊說。 "他不僅給我球場上訓 練和健身的建議,也告訴我如何打好每一顆球,以及如何在每次練習時做到最好。 我從他身上看出努力訓練成為職業選手將使我的夢想成真。" "Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still." In April of this year, Lu reached a career-high No. 55 in the South African Airways 2009 ATP Rankings. His impressive, steady rise has not gone unnoticed. “I saw him play against Nalbandian at this year’s Australian Open and he has gotten a lot stronger and improved his weak spots,” former pro and coach Peter Lundgren comments. “It is nice to see when hard work pays off.” Lu’s father never got to watch his son play at Wimbledon, in the Olympics or reach the Top 100. But his dream was not in vain. For that dream was realised by a family who never forgot, and a son who never gave up. " 無畏緩慢的成長,只怕停滯不前。" 今年4月,小盧達到了職業生涯新高排名的55名,他令人印象深刻,穩定的成長,並沒有 被人們忽略。 "我看到他對Nalbandian在今年澳網的比賽,他已經變得更強也改進了他的弱點," 前職業選手的教練Peter Lundgren表示,"很高興看到皇天不負有心人。 ” 彥勳的父親沒有機會看到他的兒子在溫布頓的場上比賽,或在奧運場上,或成為top100 的選手。但是,他的夢想不是沒有結果的。 因為他的夢想被一個從未忘記的家庭,和從未放棄的兒子一一實現了。 === Q.Q 很感動!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.165.179.180

05/28 18:15, , 1F
Rendy是台灣之光的代表 禮貌.拼命.認真 Rendy加油!!
05/28 18:15, 1F

05/28 19:46, , 2F
推翻譯。文章作者看起來可能是台灣人,很瞭解細微之事.
05/28 19:46, 2F

05/28 20:54, , 3F
淚推小盧 也推翻譯~
05/28 20:54, 3F

05/28 21:12, , 4F
我想不是,否則她不會稱小胖,樺。XD
05/28 21:12, 4F

05/28 21:54, , 5F
很不錯的文章 推
05/28 21:54, 5F

05/28 22:21, , 6F
大推 翻譯翻的很讚!
05/28 22:21, 6F

05/28 22:48, , 7F
推一個
05/28 22:48, 7F

05/28 22:53, , 8F
推小盧 推好文 推翻譯
05/28 22:53, 8F

05/29 02:12, , 9F
淚推~~感動的好文~~
05/29 02:12, 9F

05/29 02:36, , 10F
感謝翻譯~
05/29 02:36, 10F

05/29 03:09, , 11F
翻得好專業 沒翻譯腔
05/29 03:09, 11F

05/29 15:32, , 12F
有些語句翻得有點怪怪的、不太順 但還是推
05/29 15:32, 12F

05/29 15:50, , 13F
認真推~ (第二大段應該是 女"王"草地錦標賽)
05/29 15:50, 13F
※ 編輯: colleger 來自: 118.165.160.172 (05/30 15:30)

05/30 23:51, , 14F
看的好感動,再次感謝翻譯的大大及寫這篇文章的作者!
05/30 23:51, 14F

06/01 16:05, , 15F
再推一次~好文好翻譯~彥勳加油~
06/01 16:05, 15F
文章代碼(AID): #1A7bni-X (TW-M-Tennis)
文章代碼(AID): #1A7bni-X (TW-M-Tennis)