Re: [情報] Rendy on Deuce, Be Not Afraid Of Gro …

看板TW-M-Tennis作者 (認真你就輸了)時間15年前 (2009/05/28 15:55), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
: http://0rz.tw/RB818 來翻譯推廣一下 :p Fulfilling the dream of his late father to become Chinese Taipei's first Top 100 player, Yen-Hsun Lu has been equally motivated by the need to use tennis to provide for his family. His journey has not been without its hardships. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials” - Ancient Chinese Proverb 完成已故的父親的夢,也為了家人打拼,彥勳成為台灣有史以來第一個top 100的球員, 這一路走來,困難重重。 古語有曰 "玉不琢,不成器" "刀要石磨,人要事磨" You hear Yen-Hsun Lu playing before you see him: The sharp bursts of air that shoot from his lips like an automatic weapon being fired and the screeching of his shoes carving up the court are his trademarks. With lean leg muscles pumping like pistons in a race car and cat-like footwork, it would come as no surprise if smoke started rising from his socks. Yen-Hsun Lu, or ‘Rendy’ as he is known on the ATP World Tour, is fast - very fast. 看到彥勳打球之前,你會先聽到彥勳的聲音,彥勳在場上的商標,是他有如自動步槍連發 的吶喊聲和快速腳程移動在地上所發出的刺耳聲,他精實的腿部肌肉帶出的速度 就像汽車的活塞或貓的步伐一樣快,如果哪天他的襪子冒煙也不會令人感到意外。 盧彥勳-Rendy,在ATP男子職業網球球壇就是以快聞明,不只是快,是非常快。 Still, for all his speed and determination, Lu could not sprint his way up the South African Airways ATP Rankings. Just the opposite: Since turning professional eight years ago, he has been forced to crawl, and at times claw, one rung at a time, only to be slapped back down, over and over again. For the 26 year old from Chinese Taipei has persevered along a journey where he has had to cope with the sudden loss of a father and a stream of injuries. 不過,對比他的速度和決心,他的世界排名卻和他場上的速度恰恰相反,八年前轉入職業 ,他的排名總是被迫上下震盪,一次又一次的徘徊,26歲的彥勳必須面對父親的突然去世 和一再又一再的受傷 Lu was only 17 years old when his father died of a sudden heart attack. Though he was a top player and on the ITF junior team, the shock affected him so much that he briefly quit tennis soon after his father’s death. “After my father passed away,” Lu begins, “I did not want to play tennis anymore. My family was supporting me to go back to the tennis court. But I could not; I did not have the spirit. And then one day I remembered that my father had a dream that his son can maybe play Wimbledon some day and become Top 100. So, I used this as my energy because I wanted to make my father’s dream come true.” 盧的父親因為突然的心臟病撒手人寰,在彥勳僅僅17歲時。 雖然當時他在ITF是一個 頂尖球員,但父親的去世對他衝擊實在太大,他選擇短暫退出網壇。 彥勳說:“在我父親去世之後,我不想再打網球了。但我的家人支持我回到網球場。但 我不能,我失去心靈寄託了。然後有一天,我突然想起,我父親做了一個夢,夢裡他的 兒子有一天參加了溫布頓並成為100強。所以,我用這個作為我的動力,因為我想 使我父親的夢想成真。“ His decision to quit did not last long. With his elder brother, Wei-Ju, who introduced him to tennis at the age of eight, entering university, it would be up to ‘Rendy’ to now support the family. And there was only one way: to earn money by playing tennis professionally. Lu now was on a mission. He would have to take care of the family with his prize money from tennis. It would prove to be much easier said than done. 他決定退出網壇並沒有太久。從八歲起帶領彥勳進入網球世界的哥哥盧威儒進入了大學, 現在是 Rendy 必須負責家庭的重擔了,彥勳只有一個辦法:就是進入職業網壇,靠著 網球專業來賺錢,彥勳開始有了任務,他必須靠打球的獎金來支持整個家庭,這聽起來 是談何容易的一件事。 “To know the road ahead, ask those coming back” If he were going to make it, it was obvious he would need someone to show him the way. Never before had Chinese Taipei had a player ranked inside the Top 100 and Rendy needed guidance. Enter Dirk Hordoff, coach and manager of Rainer Schuettler. Hordoff spotted the young Lu and saw something special in him. He talked it over with Schuettler and they invited Lu to train with the former Australian Open finalist. “欲知前方路,且問過來人” 如果要達成目標,很明顯彥勳需要前輩為他帶路。但台灣從來沒有top100的網球選手, 於是他找上了Rainer Schuettler的教練兼經理人 Dirk Hordoff,Hordoff從年輕的 小盧身上看見不尋常之處,和Schuettler談過之後,他們邀請小盧和這位03年澳網亞軍 共同訓練。 “When I first met him (Lu) he was very shy,” Schuettler remembers. “But he was extremely polite and very respectful.” “Like most Asian players he is a very hard worker,” Hordoff says. “He gets his confidence by working hard. While he is always very fair to other people, he is very self critical.” It is winter in Hamburg and Hsu Su-Fen, Rendy’s mother, is wrapped in a heavy coat sitting courtside at a club where Hordoff is conducting a training session with Schuettler and her son. She is scribbling on a pad of paper. "當我第一次見到他(指彥勳),他很害羞," Schuettler回憶道。 "但他超有禮貌,且態度十分尊重。 ” "像大多數亞洲球員一樣,他是一個非常認真的選手," Hordoff說 "靠著紮實的訓練得到他在場上的信心。他待人十分好,但他對自己卻是十分要求" 在冬天的漢堡,盧媽許素芬裹著沉重的大衣坐在兒子、Hordoff、Schuettler訓練的場邊 ,在一疊紙上雜亂的記著東西。 “When he was first invited for the winter preparation he came to Hamburg with his mother,” Hordoff remembers. “She was sitting in every practice session and wrote down which exercises we made, how we made them, and even made sketches of the practices. After some weeks I asked her what she was doing, and Rendy explained to me that he asked her to make [the sketches] so that if he comes home he can do the same exercises. He takes his tennis and his practices that serious.” "當第一次邀請彥勳參加冬天的訓練營時,他和他的母親來到了漢堡," Hordoff回憶道 "每次練習,他都坐在場邊並記下我們每次的練習,我們如何訓練,甚至還畫圖註記。 幾個星期後,我問她,她在做什麼,彥勳向我解釋,他拜託他媽媽,如此一來,如果他 回家之後,他可以做相同的練習。他真的很認真的看待他的網球和練習。" (續) === 吃個飯再翻第二頁吧 orz -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.165.179.180

05/28 17:31, , 1F
謝謝大大
05/28 17:31, 1F

05/28 20:48, , 2F
推!!
05/28 20:48, 2F

05/29 02:32, , 3F
推~
05/29 02:32, 3F

05/30 23:47, , 4F
感謝大大~大推!
05/30 23:47, 4F