Re: Moya要退休了!

看板Spain_PL作者 (燈泡)時間13年前 (2010/11/18 21:48), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)

11/18 07:16,
http://tinyurl.com/2akf7hm ATP對Moya退休的新聞~
11/18 07:16
Former World No. 1 Moya Retires From Professional Tennis by ATP Staff 17.11.2010 Former World No. 1 Carlos Moya has announced his retirement from professional tennis at the age of 34. The Spaniard has been troubled with a persistent right foot injury and informed media at a press conference on Wednesday afternoon that the injury has forced him to call time on his illustrious 15-year career. 34歲的前世界第一Carlos Moya宣佈從職業網壇退休。 Moya在週三下午召開記者會通知媒體,因為反覆不斷的右腳傷勢,他被迫要結束15年輝煌 的職業生涯。 Moya played his last match on the ATP World Tour at the Mutua Madrilena Madrid Open in May, when he suffered a heavy defeat to German Benjamin Becker. It was at that moment, he acknowledged, that the time had come retire after doctors had been unable to settle on an effective course of treatment for his foot. Moya的最後一場ATP賽事是五月的馬德里大師賽,當時他輸給了德國的Benjamin Backer。 他承認就是那時,在醫生表示無法再有效治療他的腳傷之後,是時候該退休了。 “I wanted to play the big tournaments and say goodbye but I got to the Madrid tournament and I still wasn't 100 per cent. I am still young for life but for sport, I am already knocking on a bit," said Moya. "I realised with that match that the moment had arrived. It's not how I dreamed of ending my career." 「我想在大賽向大家告別,但我在馬德里仍不是100%的狀態。對於人生我還年輕,但對於 這項運動,我已經走下坡了。」Moya說。「那場比賽我領悟到是時候該退休了,儘管這並 不是我夢想中結束職業生涯的方式。」 The Spaniard plans to bow out at a tournament in Seville next month. Moya計劃在下個月於Seville舉辦的賽事中向大家告別。 During his career, Moya amassed 20 tour-level titles, including the 1998 Roland Garros trophy (d. Corretja). A year earlier he had finished runner-up at the Australian Open (l. to Sampras). On March 15, 1999, the Mallorcan became the first Spaniard to rank World No. 1 in the history of the South African Airways ATP Rankings (since 1973) after reaching the final at the BNP Paribas Open (l. to Philippoussis) in Indian Wells. He held the top spot for two weeks. Moya在他職業生涯中曾拿過20座巡迴賽冠軍,包括98年的法網(當時擊敗Corretja)。在之 前一年也拿過澳網亞軍(當時輸給Sampras)。在1999年3月15日,在打進印地安泉決賽(後來 輸給Philippoussis)之後,馬約卡人成為史上第一位西班牙球王,在第一名的位置待了 兩週。 In December 2004 Moya played a pivotal role in Spain’s Davis Cup triumph, posting wins over Mardy Fish and Andy Roddick in the final in Seville. He also competed in the elite eight-man field at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals five times, reaching the final in 1998 (l. to Corretja in five sets). Moya在2004年12月台維斯盃決賽勝利中扮演了關鍵角色,他在Seville擊敗了Mardy Fish 和Andy Roddick。他也五次進入年終八強的名單,並在1998年打進決賽(後來五盤輸給 Corretja)。 Looking to the future, Moya said: “I'll keep on with my gym in Mallorca. I have a sports business and I'll dedicate more time to my wife, my daughter and my family. But I'll definitely miss tennis." 對於未來,Moya說:「我會繼續經營我在馬約卡的健身房,我還有運動事業,而且我也會 把更多時間花在我太太、女兒和家人身上。但我一定會想念網球的。」 ----- 聽到Moya要退休有點惆悵但又不意外 不過看他推特似乎日子過得還不錯XD 希望他退休後的生活也能一直過得很快樂:) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.254.205.143

11/18 22:16, , 1F
想到97年第一輪爆冷打敗貝克好像還是昨天的事而已....
11/18 22:16, 1F
※ 編輯: a111156987 來自: 111.254.205.143 (11/18 22:19)

11/19 02:00, , 2F
推樓上!那是我第一次有關注的大滿貫
11/19 02:00, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #1CvIwtf- (Spain_PL)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1CvIwtf- (Spain_PL)