Re: 這首歌的大意是..

看板Savage作者 (浩然圖書館好啊)時間19年前 (2005/04/22 20:28), 編輯推噓3(301)
留言4則, 3人參與, 最新討論串3/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《Iceleader (心酸的浪漫)》之銘言: : And she takes another step : Slowly she opens the door : Check that he is sleeping : Pick up all the broken glass and furniture on the floor : Been up half the night screaming now it's time to get away : Pack up the kids in the car : Another bruise to try and hide : Another alibi to write : Another ditch in the road : You keep moving : Another stop sign : You keep moving on : And the years go by so fast Wonder how I ever made it through : And there are children to think of : Baby's asleep in the backseat : Wonder how they'll ever make it through this living nightmare : But the mind is an amazing thing : Full of candy dreams and new toys and another cheap hotel : Two beds and a coffee machine : But there are groceries to buy : And she knows she'll have to go home : Another ditch in the road : You keep moving : Another stop sign : You keep moving on : And the years go by so fast : Wonder how I ever made it through : Another bruise to try and hide : Another alibi to write : Another lonely highway in the black of night : But there's hope in the darkness : You know you're going to make it : Another ditch in the road : Keep moving : Another stop sign : You keep moving on : And the years go by so fast : Silent fortress built to last : Wonder how I ever made it : 請問一下大意.. I網友之前有在英文聊天版問過 我好認真回但都沒有回應 今天發現有Savage Garden版很高興 想說在po一次我的interpretation 雖然是英文 不過多少可以參考一下啦 順帶一提,我第一次聽到Savage Garden是 '98國一暑假去多倫多遊學的時候 那時候中午吃飯看電視常聽到同名專輯的歌 當時英文很爛 同學在那裡馬上買CD我連歌詞都看不太懂 回國後也買了一張好好看 第二張專輯我買到雙CD版 Savage Garden是我最喜歡的團體之一 (還喜歡NSYNC,98 degrees...) 不過那兩張專輯在借給同學後都被污走了 >< 我只剩空盒子和歌詞 希望他們好好珍惜! 下面詮釋Two Beds and a Coffee Machine: Wow, I'm impressed by the song. I was charmed with Savage Garden in 1998! Right, about the lyrics, erm, I basically agree with the previous author, threedices, but maybe i can give you something different (yet not exactly right). First of all, I think most of the time the addresser says the whole story in the first person perspective. (He refers to himself in the third person in some "stanza"* though.) As you hear in the first stanza, there might be domestic violence that makes the couple wanna put an end to their relationship. And I've been thinking the domestic violence for a while. It seems it is the addressee, the lady, who attacks the adresser, the man. That's why she has to pick up the broken glass ,hide her bruise, and write an alibi. So the poor addresser is somehow heartbroken but he still loves her so much. (I guess their children play a crucial role here.) As the lyrics goes, you find the addresser starts to refer himself in the first person. Seems he's waiting for his mate to come back with their lovely children, but obvioulsy there's a long way for the addressee to go. That's why the addresser says "wonder how I ever made it through." We can imagine the total agony he suffers. How pathetic! As for "two beds and a coffee machine," erm, I don't know for sure. They are possibly important symbols for the couple. Ohh, hold on, I get an idea. They don't have a happy healthy relationship, right? So maybe from the very beginning they've slept in differnt beds. The only connection ties them up is the coffee machine, which they need so badly everyday. And the coffee machine could be considered a symbol paralleling their kids. What do you think? Hmmm, I've been talking way too much. Thank you for reading this article. My interpretation is likely to be nonsense, so if you have any new ideas, let's have them. =) * Since it's not a poem, I shouldn't call that a "stanza," but I just cannot find a proper word for it. Paragraph? Column? No. >< -- 一個人主要是經由困頓來學習的, 歷經滄桑使一個人獲得內心的力量、勇氣與決心, 一個人的敵人給他這種機會。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.119.199.136

140.119.153.102 04/22, , 1F
推一個;) 原來你也聽SG~~
140.119.153.102 04/22, 1F

140.119.153.102 04/22, , 2F
你好像在回答essay question啊~ 呵
140.119.153.102 04/22, 2F

219.84.9.171 04/23, , 3F
這首超好聽啊!
219.84.9.171 04/23, 3F

218.175.41.117 04/28, , 4F
沒錯!!真的超好聽(但有點哀傷...)
218.175.41.117 04/28, 4F