[寫作班] 托福第34週 ynynegg 1

看板ST-English作者 (為何總是不順利...)時間15年前 (2009/05/01 17:43), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past? Why or why not? Listening, speaking, reading and writing are the basic skills of communication in the society. Nowadays, people always think that these skills are not important anymore because of advanced technology. However, in the over-information period, the skills of reading and writing are more critical today than in the past. First, In the internet period, there are too much information to make people confuse. If we have not adequate skill of reading, we could not identify whether the information is useful for us or not. For one thing, When I search some information for my report in the internet, I always have to throw out the meaningless messages and make sure the information is my need. If I lack of the reading skill, I would mess up my report or homework. In addition, based on the high level education, many people, such as lawyers, businessmen, scientists and graduated students, have to read a lot of academic papers or professional reports. All they have to do is improving their reading skill before they be a successful people. Thus, it’s very important to have the great reading skill. Second, in the modern period of overwhelming information, the writing ability is necessary, too. We can’t ignore the writing skill because it and reading skill are the complement each other. We can not expect that people only have one excellent skill to help them be a successful person. Take the same for example, after I classify the data, I usually have to restore these data to become the information I need. If I scarcity the writing skill, how I can let others know my expression. Also, every successful people have the outstanding writing skill because they have to write numerous reports to their managers, customers or publics. Therefore, we have to In the period of chaotic information, we must have to improve the skills of reading and writing. The importance is not only for students, but also for everyone. We have to use these two skills to leach and reestablish the information we need. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 117.80.240.98
文章代碼(AID): #19-iGfS- (ST-English)
文章代碼(AID): #19-iGfS- (ST-English)