[寫作班] 托福第32週 David 3

看板ST-English作者 (不同的味道)時間15年前 (2009/03/21 00:29), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
3. Plants can provide food, shelter, clothing, or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or the people in your country? --------------------------------------------------------------------- When it comes to the topic of important plant to you or people in Taiwan, there may be thousands of answers came from different people. As far as I am concerned, which plant is so important to me is banana, a kind of tropic fruit with yellow skin and prefect taste, had been famous all over the world that resulted in the words "Taiwan is fruit kingdom." until twenty years ago. In addition, it is banana that has special meaning to me and to my family. It is undeniable that banana is the most popular and local fruit represented Taiwan. When talking to someone older than thirty years old, he probably could remember some historical events happened when China occupied by Communist Party. At that time everyone in Taiwan was so disappointed and worried about country's future. Afterward a successful evolution in agriculture encouraged all people and gave them confidence that Taiwanese could sustain by themselves in economy and agriculture. Banana played the most influenced rule in this event happened in Taiwan named after fruit kingdom. It was my most enjoyable time when my father brought a string of bananas back home when I was still a ten-years-old child in countryside. We sat behind the river near our house and enjoyed the delicious fruit, chatted about daily life, and spotted the beauty scene of sun setting. It is my special and unforgettable memory about my childhood with banana and my father. Another special meaning about banana for me is something related to my girl friend's experiment. She was a master student majored in bioengineering technology one year ago and her research topic was about transforming the bananas to have some specific functions by operating banana's gene sequence with gene operational technology. This is another reason why banana is so special to me. In conclusion, which fruit is so important and meaningful to me is banana for those special memories with my father and my girl friend. As a while, banana is also important for people in Taiwan for its special historical meaning. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.137.63.65
文章代碼(AID): #19myHNct (ST-English)
文章代碼(AID): #19myHNct (ST-English)