Re: [寫作班] 托福第30週 ynyn, 1

看板ST-English作者 (the essence of love)時間15年前 (2009/03/04 22:11), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《ynyn (為何總是不順利...)》之銘言: : Q : Some people believe that students should be given one long vacation each : year. Others believe that students should have several short vacations : throughout the year. Which viewpoint do you agree with? : A : People who prefer to take a long vacation per year or to take short breaks : many times is depending on their purpose. In my opinion, I prefer to take a : long vacation per year because I am a student. Why students are suitable to : take a long vacation? "because I am a student" is not a persuasive reason becasue everybody is a student. Therefore, you might want to have a more specific argument which enables you to elaborate in the subsequent paragraphs. : Students have so many kinds of academic work in their schooling period such : as homeworks, exams, and school competitions. Most of these activities should : continue a long time. If short vacations between these periods, they would ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ why? you can explain why short breaks interrupt learning. : interrupt learning efficiency of students. For one thing, when I was a : freshment. I like to learn all of marketing strategy by one time. However, freshman : a short vacation between Marketing101 and marketing102. That would cause : lower learning efficiency to me. it seems to me that marketing 101 and 102 are two courses. therefore, readers might argue that the marketing 101 itself is a complete course. you might want to have other examples to persuade the readers. : Although Several short vacations can let students pure their mind and : decrease their learning pressures. However, that would destroy some special Although....here is not a complete setence. you might want to change as Although several short vacations...., that would destroy....(although and howerver can not be used together)_ : plans of students. For example, students usually want to find some part-time : jobs to earn extra money. A long vacation can help them to find the job : because employers don’t want to hire a person who just work several weeks. : In addition, some students want to go to other countries in order to learn : foreign languages or take a long trip. I promise taking a long : vacation is more beneficial for these students. promise here seems a little bit weird. Therefore, I believe...? : Some people still prefer to take several short vacations. However, I, : be a student, think taking a long vacation per year is more useful to : most of student and me. In the conclusion, we want to strengthen our argument by re-stating the reason why a long vacation is better than several short ones. Therefore, you might not want to start with a statement that is opposite to yours. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 128.205.231.174 ※ 編輯: excrement 來自: 128.205.231.174 (03/04 22:11)

03/04 22:56, , 1F
Thanks~ I'll keep it in my mind.
03/04 22:56, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #19hemEeU (ST-English)
文章代碼(AID): #19hemEeU (ST-English)