Re: [討論] 關於模聯 (恐英文者慎入)

看板SENIORHIGH作者 (CrystalWolf)時間7年前 (2016/08/24 16:54), 7年前編輯推噓3(301)
留言4則, 3人參與, 最新討論串3/4 (看更多)
※ 引述《backpacker18 (犀牛好可愛)》之銘言: : 引用原文 : 「 : To the MUN community. : First, right off the bat, I’m stating that I respect each and everyone’s o pi : nions. I also understand that we all see things in a different limelight- th er : efore I’m writing this to express mine. Hope that others will treat me with t : he same amount of respect, but also feel free to share your opinions in a “ di : plomatic courtesy”. (Also, yes. I’m writing this in english, because it’s t : he language I’m most comfortable using. Not because I’m a “Western wannab e : ”, believe it or not. Though I’m contemplating posting a Mandarin version. .. : ) : 1. Regarding how “MUN is now only a rich man’s game”. : If you’re going to be complaining about the ridiculous prices of some confe re : nces, please, um, don’t when you’ve CHOSEN to go to those conferences. Yes , : I agree. There are some conferences that I would really like to go to, but, un : fortunately, they are overpriced. Now, idk why they’ve come to be this expe ns : ive or wth they are doing with the money, but, here’s a thing: don’t choos e : to go to them. Pretty simple, right? You can find conferences ranging from 2 00 : NT to 6000+ NT. Why not choose going to the cheaper ones? It’ll save you a l : ot of saliva and typing. Who knows, maybe if lesser people are going to expe ns : ive conferences they’ll end up lowering the price (? : 2. Regarding how “MUN is only for people who are good at English”. : Here’s the thing: there are so many aspects to MUN. It’s not just about ho w : good your english is, it’s also about articulating your thoughts, approachi ng : people with diplomatic courtesy, thinking critically, putting yourself in d if : ferent POVs...etc. However, I’ll admit that people with better english can ac : hieve all these easier in an ENGLISH conference. And vice versa, in a CHINES E : conference. If I attended a conference in Chinese, tbh I don’t think I’ll be : able to perform as well compared to English conferences. Yes, I’ll still h av : e my own critical thinking intact, but it’s merely just because I’m (1) no t : confident enough in using it and (2) I’m not as fluent in it compared to my E : nglish. Nowadays, practically every conference has at least one chinese comm it : tee. It’s a CHOICE. I don’t think being good in english is something to br ag : about, and vice versa with chinese, too. Just because a person speaks engli sh : well, doesn’t mean that they have anything in their brains to offer. : 3. Regarding “Westernization”. : I honestly think that the people that are making a fuss about this are child is : h and have not taken anything from MUN at all. If some people want to speak mo : re “western” or act more “western”, LET THEM BE. Honestly, is it hurting y : ou? Is it hurting your cat? Your dog? The environment? The world? No. Some p eo : ple might just respect more cultures more than others. What about 韓流 or 日 : or whatever- 流?I don’t see anything wrong with that. And regarding peopl e : who think westernization equals international. First off, westernization doe s : not equal to international. Take Donald Trump for example. Enough said. : 4. Regarding how “some delegates just follow around delegates that are more w : ell-spoken”. : It’s true that this happens a lot. But I think that everyone’s abilities a nd : experiences with MUN are different. Some might be less experience, therefor e : they’d naturally want to latch onto an experienced delegate that makes them f : eel more at ease or someone they think can guide them. Thinking back at when I : first started MUN as a 7th grader, it was something I was guilty of, too. A nd : I think a lot of people will experience when first starting out. Just becau se : now you get BDs all the time or you’re a bloc leader or you get offers to ch : air doesn’t mean that you are in any way better than them. Instead of posti ng : on FB and complaining about this, why not actually approach those certain d el : egates and ask why they’ve chosen to join a certain bloc or give some encou ra : gement? You could even yield some time to them. All of us were beginners at fi : rst. How high of a pedestal do you put yourself on that you’d actually disc ri : minate or dislike the delegates that are doing the things you previously did ? : 5. Regarding how “MUN is not about the academics anymore”. : I agree. Completely. It’s not just about the academics. It’s about how pro fe : ssional the conference room is. If the social event is “dope” enough. If t he : guys/girls in your committee are hot. If the page notes they give you are c ut : e. If you meet new friends. If you meet old friends. If you get a t-shirt. I f : you make unforgettable memories. If the food there is good. If you spent a l on : g time researching and preparing. If it’ll look good on your college applic at : ion form. If you improved from your last conference. If the photographers ta ke : good photos that make you look taller than you actually are (Is this one ju st : me? Kay.). What I’m trying to say is- everyone sees MUN differently, and e ve : ryone attends MUN for different reasons. Some might see the importance in ac ad : emics, some might not. If you really want to attend a conference with impres si : onable academics, ask a friends for some reviews or do some research. I’m p re : tty sure if you’ve been in the MUN community long enough, you already have a : basic impression on most conferences. Regardless of people’s motives for at te : nding MUN, we should just respect each other. At the end of the day, it’s t he : ir money, not yours. : Lastly, some people might disagree with me or think that I’m just naive or wh : atever. But coming from a fairly young MUNer that started out in 7th grade a nd : is now a rising 10th grader, I think that all the so-called problems are se lf : -inflicted. We all have a part in why the MUN society in Taiwan has become t hi : s way. I admit that sometimes I’m very under-prepared or I use English as a n : advantage in conferences. Therefore, what I’m just trying to say is: : Don’t bitch about it if you are one of the causes of these so-called proble ms : - start by changing yourself first . 」 : 這是一個模聯社的副社長寫的 : 本人看完雖也有些微詞,但自己本身也沒參加過模聯,不太好做評論 : 想請問板上參加過模聯的大大給點意見,自己參加過的模聯是否像她說的這樣? : 原文網址 : https://m.facebook.com/notes/sidney-khoe/to-the-mun-community/72437574770342 8/ : 英文頗多抱歉惹 : 不習慣看英文的也可以趁機會練閱讀(? 以下是我在此文筆者fb個人頁面的留言,跟大家分享一下,請各位不吝賜教 1、文中提到從200元到6000元的mun都有,但事實上價格低於1000元的mun並不多而低價的 會議通常不包含住宿,但我自己辦過會議,我知道這可能是難以避免的,資金的部分可能 需要外界的金援(ex 企業 政府),但大部分的會議對於高中生以及一般家庭來說非常昂貴 我相信是不爭的事實。 2.文中提到英文能力在模聯中不是唯一,我不否認,但事實上在會議中若無法流暢的 使用英文,便無法適當的表達自己的言論,也無法成功的使自己的想法被傾聽,而中 文會在台灣似乎也並不是發展的十分完善,往往僅僅是用以作為“模聯新手村來使用 ”,因此就算有妳提出的兩個方案,英文不流利的人要展開模聯之路困難度還是非常 高的。 3.關於文中提到所謂韓流日流等流行文化的類比,我相信這和模聯中常見的“歐 美主流化”是不同面向的東西,常見的日流和韓流多為強勢的主流文化,影響的 面向包括穿著、用語、飲食等,而“歐美主流化”則是由於歐美國家掌握強勢媒 體以及新聞話語權所造成的,影響就觸及了我們對於國際事件的看法,長久之下 的影響自然嚴重於流行文化所能造成的,而模聯參與者中又有許多人誤將歐美化 認為國際話,便更加使人擔憂。 總規下來,模聯的確是一個充滿階級的活動,能夠在模聯場上看見的高中生 ,通常來自私立高中、前段國立高中、以及國際或雙語學校,而這些學生自 己本身除了代表在高中生社群中的特定階級之外,他們所出身的家庭在社會 上也多半為中上階級,才有辦法培養一個能夠參加模聯的孩子(ex:英文能 力培養、教育資源) 因此,模聯便形成了一個充滿階級成分的活動,不論其立意多麼良善, 現階段的模聯活動能觸及的只有特定階層或身份的學生,因為這個活動 的門檻實在太高了,而我們身為參與者,認知到這個問題之後應該要開 始檢討的是現今的模聯活動要如何觸及更多不同來源的學生。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 111.83.80.135 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/SENIORHIGH/M.1472028859.A.908.html

08/24 17:53, , 1F
其實我最納悶的是晚會的意義 之前看同學精心去百貨
08/24 17:53, 1F

08/24 17:53, , 2F
公司挑選洋裝鞋子就好奇晚會是去聯誼的嗎?
08/24 17:53, 2F
晚會其實應該是在模擬實際的社交場合,一方面也是給予會議參加者一些休閒機會和空間 ,我覺得是不錯的,但是常常有些人本末倒置,將社交晚宴作為第一考量,但目前有些會 議已經將社交晚宴作為可自由選擇參加與否的項目 ※ 編輯: CrystalCastl (111.83.80.135), 08/24/2016 18:20:16

08/24 22:33, , 3F
筆者是否刪文了? 找不到了
08/24 22:33, 3F

08/25 21:00, , 4F
變相
08/25 21:00, 4F
文章代碼(AID): #1NlM2xa8 (SENIORHIGH)
文章代碼(AID): #1NlM2xa8 (SENIORHIGH)