Re: [轉錄]Re: [辯論開始了] 席林 vs 布郎, 誰值得?

看板RedSox作者時間15年前 (2009/04/05 13:13), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
http://0rz.tw/rRh4q Curt Schilling Transcript On his Hall of Fame candidacy: Schilling: I was surprised, and I’m not going to lie like most other people and say, “You know I just don’t pay attention to what people write and say. ” You know I saw it, the things that I read, yeah it was nice and flattering and all those things. You know the other day, I’ll go back to the Championship trio of [Mitch] Williams, [Larry] Andersen, and [Darren] Daulton, I probably don’t have any harsher critics, but all three of them said the same thing about if we had a game to win I wanted him to have the ball. I told Jason Stark ten years ago, when we talked about what I wanted to do, I said, “I want to leave the game and have the 25 guys that I played with every year pick me if they had to win one game life or death, and I want the 25 guys that I competed against to not want me to be on the mound in that same game.” Because that is something you had to achieve and you had to earn, and it didn’t come with one or two games or a good outing here or there, it was something that you had to kind of etch your way into their memories and achieve. I feel comfortable that I did my best work when the chips were stacked the highest and the games mattered the most. As it relates to the Hall of Fame, you know I want to punch Buckley in the eye every time this happens because he was the spirit of guys who are like, “ I don’t believe you. I really don’t believe you don’t care.” So it doesn’ t matter what I say it’s a no win. If I say that I don’t care, it can be taken as disrespectful to the men in the Hall of Fame, and that’s not the case. I can’t control it, I’m not going to throw another pitch for the rest of my life, I’m not going to get any better or any worse between now and the day people vote for me, and the fact that you’ll gain votes and lose votes, to me doesn’t make sense. 嘴巴說不要,這題硬是扯了三段。 On possibly having a better shot at the Hall of Fame than Roger Clemens: Schilling: Yeah that’s kind of odd to think about that, and to think about the effect that Roger had on my career. And the irony for me is that the lecture that kind of began to turn my life around was from someone who espoused the absolute opposite theory: more work, harder work, more respect, all the things that you would do not being a PED user, but to know that he spent the last half of his career cheating is beyond disappointing. But at the time when he was addressing me I don’t think he was doing it. Roger Clemens 有打藥。 On whether or not he considered steroids: Schilling: No, never, it was funny I used to make the joke in the clubhouse I should never have to take a drug test if you see me with my underwear on. This is not a body this is a cruel family joke. Schilling: 我沒打。 -- 這篇文章讓你覺得?════════════════════════╮ by ycat y + . .ˇ ˇ ˇˇ || c ﹀ ̄▽ ̄ ﹏≦b ︶ ̄y – ̄ a 新奇 溫馨 誇張 難過 實用 高興 無聊 生氣 t ═════════════════════════════════ ╯ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.160.69.198 ※ 編輯: Belladonaa 來自: 118.160.69.198 (04/05 13:14)

04/05 18:21, , 1F
Mitch "The Original Lidge" Williams
04/05 18:21, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #19s3ty-h (RedSox)
文章代碼(AID): #19s3ty-h (RedSox)