Re: [情報] Mobley+Bardley for Doug Cristie!! D …

看板Orl-Magic作者 (RileyYangfan)時間19年前 (2005/01/11 21:50), 編輯推噓1(104)
留言5則, 1人參與, 最新討論串4/14 (看更多)
讓我們繼續來聽聽球員們、教練、總管的心聲 http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-spt-magicgamer011105,1,1540710.story ?coll=orl-sports-headlines http://tinyurl.com/3nq3z No heart, no focus, no victory A lethargic Magic squad is outplayed from the tip-off in a 119-101 defeat to the Celtics. By Brian Schmitz | Sentinel Staff Writer Posted January 11, 2005 BOSTON -- Orlando Magic guard Steve Francis questioned not only the trading of Cuttino Mobley, his teammate and best friend, but the timing of the deal. Coach Johnny Davis delivered the stunning news shortly before tip-off Monday night in their dressing room, rendering any pregame motivational speech useless. The Magic (18-15) were shaken psychologically and rocked emotionally, the sudden loss of Mobley leading to a 119-101 loss to the Boston Celtics at the Fleet Center. Orlando dealt Mobley, its starting shooting guard, and reserve center Michael Bradley, to the Sacramento Kings for defensive-minded veteran Doug Christie. An emotional powder-keg, Francis conceded that "mentally, I wasn't into it" and proceeded to blast Magic management after the abrupt end of Orlando's three-game winning streak. "It was hard for me to play. He's my brother," Francis said. "I still 饥 can't believe it." Francis didn't mention him by name, but his anger and disappointment was directed at Magic General Manager John Weisbrod. "Be professional. ... Management should be professional. You don't wait 30 minutes before the game to tell us something like that," Francis said. "First of all, they shouldn't have traded him. Why would you try to break something that wasn't broke?" Weisbrod said the trade was made to help the Magic's defense, which could have used Christie the way the Celtics were scoring. But Mobley also was going to exercise an option in his contact and become a free agent this offseason, forcing the club to decide whether to re-sign him to a lucrative long-term deal or risk losing him. Weisbrod elected to receive compensation immediately and acquired Christie, 34, rather than pay Mobley, 29, an estimated $7 million to $8 million over six or seven years. Weisbrod expected an emotional reaction from Francis, who wears his heart on his sleeve and wore Mobley's No. 5 wristband in tribute. "I think Steve will be fine," Weisbrod said. "I knew he'd be emotional. But it's my belief that they know we did it in the best interest of the team." Francis had played his entire career with Mobley, beginning with the Houston Rockets in the 1999-2000 season. The two guards, along with center Kelvin Cato, arrived from the Rockets in a blockbuster deal involving Tracy McGrady. "What? You trade him because he was going to be a free agent and you didn't want to pay him?" Francis said. "You knew that when you traded for him. Why did you trade for him then?" Other Magic players wondered about Weisbrod's timing, but Davis said, "Sometimes the timing of these things can't be orchestrated and you just have to handle it, which we did not do a good job of tonight." Mobley had no idea an hour before tip-off he wasn't heading to the Magic's next game in Minnesota, as he was reviewing film of the Celtics. Minutes later, he was told of the pending deal and was held out of the game. Asked about the timing, Cato said, "They couldn't have done that another day?" "The timing wasn't good," forward Pat Garrity said. "Focus is such a delicate thing. When something like that is introduced in the locker room before the game it's tough. As teammates, we have a bond and you go out there and start thinking about other things." The Magic didn't have defense on their minds. After posting three consecutive defensive efforts worthy of framing, they fell behind 22-6 in the opening period. Francis played only four minutes of the first quarter, took one shot and was scoreless. The game was mirroring Boston's 117-101 bludgeoning of Orlando on Nov. 29 at TD Waterhouse Centre. The Celtics (16-19) aren't known for their defense, either, and the Magic crept back in, trimming the lead to six to start the second period. But Boston went on a 14-0 scoring run, stretched the lead to 21 and it was essentially over at halftime. The Magic fell behind by as many as 30 points in the final period. Francis played just 27 minutes and finished with 18 points. Rookie Jameer Nelson led Orlando in scoring with a career-high 19 points and added six assists. "I felt when we started the game we weren't mentally ready to compete," Davis said. "Obviously there was a lot of disappointment because Cuttino has been with some guys six, seven years. The team is close, and it was like losing someone who was very close to them." -- “ Do we have enough talent? We have enough talent. But every team in the league has enough talent. Attitude, chemistry, spirit -- now in those things there's a wide difference. The question is, do we have enough team? And that's what we're going to find out. ” — Jeff Van Gundy -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.116.143.205

218.162.108.238 01/12, , 1F
球員是商品...球團玩弄他們於鼓掌之間
218.162.108.238 01/12, 1F

218.162.108.238 01/12, , 2F
改天連自己被賣了,還在幫總管數著鈔票
218.162.108.238 01/12, 2F

218.162.108.238 01/12, , 3F
等到數完以後,只見總管說:現在你知道你值
218.162.108.238 01/12, 3F

218.162.108.238 01/12, , 4F
多少錢了
218.162.108.238 01/12, 4F