Re: [外電] Melo must mature,or sit.

看板Nuggets作者 (ray)時間17年前 (2007/03/07 01:22), 編輯推噓10(1004)
留言14則, 10人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)
我本來就想翻了:) 如果翻的不好見諒.. ※ 引述《hardaway (一分錢)》之銘言: http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5363459 Melo must mature, or sit Melo必須變的更成熟,否則就得坐板凳 By Mark Kiszla Denver Post Staff Columnist Article Last Updated: 03/06/2007 01:05:19 AM MST Carmelo Anthony is too old and too rich to be bent over the knee of a basketball coach and spanked, although some tough love seems to be precisely what Melo deserves. Carmelo Anthony也許已經是個夠成熟而不用教練在一旁督促的球員,不過現在看來Melo需 要受到更嚴格的檢視. But the stressed-out, sulking star of the slumping Nuggets is not so big that coach George Karl is afraid to bench Anthony. 這段很難翻,總而言之就是Karl有可能會把Melo放到板凳上. "I think that's the next move," Karl said Monday, revealing that Anthony will be removed from games and shown a seat on the bench if the all-star forward fails to play smart, team basketball. arl在星期一說到,透露了如果Anthony還是不能夠打的更聰섊 明些,更注重團隊,那麼也許在接下來的比賽他就得坐板凳 "I've told Melo in the last two weeks, 'I don't think you're listening. I don't think you're listening as well as you need to listen.' For me, the next step is to change the democracy back to a dictatorship." "我在這兩星期內不斷告訴Melo, '我不認為你有聽進去,你需要接受這些建議而你並沒有' 對我而言,我能做的下一步就是收回我對他的信任並且變的更專制." The coddling of Anthony needs to stop. It's time he grows up. 被寵壞的Anthony不能在這樣下去. 他必須要學著長大. Somewhere between his infamous punch in New York City and the NBA All-Star Game in Las Vegas, Anthony got lost. 經歷了在紐約很不名譽的一拳和在Las Vegas的明星賽後, Anthony 迷失了自我. "One of my assistants calls this 'The Year of The Punch,' and I don't consider that a good thing," Karl said. "我的其中一個助理戲稱這是'年度之拳',不過我覺得那一點都不好笑"Karl說. Anthony smashed the good vibe the Nuggets had going with a fist thrown in stupid macho anger in December, and since returning from a 15-game suspension that turned the team's chemistry stale, he has been so blinded by the bright lights of personal glory that Melo can no longer see what's essential for victory. He laughs with new teammate Allen Iverson, but their work together on the court has been a bad joke. Anthony摧毀了金塊隊當時良好的氣氛,也使的金塊隊在十二月因為這愚蠢的憤怒而陷入 困境,而自從15場進賽結束後,他被個人榮譽的光彩給矇蔽,這使的Melo忘了如何去取得 勝利.他和新隊友Allen Iverson相處的很好,不過他們兩一起在場上的表現卻很糟. "The inconsistencies, we have excuses for. But I'm tired of seeing it," Karl said. "我們當然可以替我們的不穩定找藉口. 不過我已經厭倦一再看到這種情形",Karl說. Obsessed with scoring to the point of distraction and prone to moping when his jumpers clank, Anthony insists he is ready to become a father at age 22, but has not figured out how to be the leader Denver needs in the locker room. 執著於得分而且往往忘了自己也常常跳投不進,Anthony認為他已經準備好做一個爸爸,不 過他顯然還不知道如何在休息區當個領袖. "I didn't expect to be seventh or eighth (in the Western Conference standings). But it is what it is," Anthony said after a late-morning practice Monday. "We just have to come together as a team. Me, A.I., Marcus Camby, everybody has got to come together ... and get it going. We only have a month-and-a-half left." "我不希望我們在西區只能拿到第七或第八種子. 但是現在事實就是如此" Anthony在禮拜 一練完球後說到. "我們必須要更像一支球隊,我,AI,Marcus Camby,還有大家都必須更團딊結...然後趕快上軌道.我們只剩一個半月了"눊 Then, either bored or peeved by the subject of a team that has embarrassingly underachieved, Anthony promptly spun on the heels of his signature sneakers and walked away without so much as goodbye. 然後,也許是對這個難堪的話題感到無聊或氣惱,Anthony很快的離開,甚至連聲再見也沒說 Anthony stuck his nose in sweaty chests when he wanted to show he belonged on Team USA, yet cannot be bothered with something as mundane as boxing out for a rebound against the Utah Jazz. Anthony摳了摳他的鼻子,露出他滿身汗的上半身,想要表示出他屬於美國隊,所以不用被一 些世俗的事情打擾,就像我們不能拿他對爵士隊時不卡位搶籃板這件事去煩他一樣. "I think what you're baffled by is you see a guy who could be a top-five player in basketball," said Karl, claiming to have discovered a statistic he hopes to use as a motivational tool. Anthony recorded more double- double games of points and rebounds in a single season at Syracuse than he has produced in nearly four seasons as a pro. "我覺得你們會如此感到困惑是因為他可以成為最好的籃球員之一", Karl說. Karl發現了一 個可以用來刺激人的數據:那就是Anthony在雪城大學一年內所拿到的double- double甚至 比他加入nba這三年多來拿到的還要多 While fears of the Nuggets being slimed by the bad attitude of Iverson have proved to be 100 percent unfounded, it's Melo who has grown fussier than a night at the opera, refusing to attend a news conference after a recent, humiliating loss to Houston. 原本大家擔心Iverson的態度會對球隊造成不良的影響,但是現在證明這個擔心是多餘的. 反倒是Melo在慘敗給火箭隊後,拒絕出席例行的記者會 "If you're scoring at a high rate and your team's not winning, people come at you and want to know what more you can do. It's a lose-lose situation," said Iverson, who can empathize with Melo's plight. "如果你的得分很多但球隊卻不能贏球,人們就會質疑你並且懷疑你還能多做什麼. 這是雙 輸的局面" Iverson說,而他也很能理解Melo現在的困境. Anthony entered this season with ambitions the size of Mount Evans, looking forward to huge things on the court and in his personal life. Melo seemed to have the competent hands to juggle it all. He was going to lead the league in scoring and become a daddy. Anthony帶著強大的野心進入這個球季,並且期待著不論是在球場上還是個人生活都能闖出 一番成就.Melo似乎有能力處理一切. 他現在是聯盟得分王,並且快當上爸爸. No problem, no worries, no sweat. Anthony can drop 30 points on any given night and the baby could arrive any minute. 毫無疑問,Anthony可以在每個晚上都拿個30分,而小孩隨時都會出生 But remember the really big dream? Anthony also planned to show D-Wade and King James that this fresh, young prince from Denver also knew how to lead a team to victory in the playoffs. 但是還記得最大的目標嗎? Anthony想要證明給Wade和James看,證明這個來自丹佛的王子 也能帶領球隊在季後賽獲勝. On that important count, Carmelo, we have a problem. 在這方面, Carmelo,我們遇到了一些問題. And it's you. 而問題就出現在你身上. "Personally, I think Melo should forget about scoring," said Karl, who grows so red-hot the veteran coach practically spews lava when he is forced to watch as Anthony chucks 28 shots at the rim, finishes with one lousy assist and then pouts when Denver loses yet another game at home. "我個人認為Melo應該要暫時忘記得分這件事" karl說.他對Anthony在上一場比賽出手28 次,而只傳出一助攻相當生氣,而Melo的表現也間接造成金塊再一次的在主場輸球 What makes the situation so frustrating is Anthony genuinely wants to be liked, and cheering for him comes as naturally as his 300-watt smile. I've been crazy about this 6-foot-8 forward since he was a kid at the 'Cuse, winning a national title as a freshman. 讓這個情況變的更糟的是Anthony那天真無邪,惹人喜愛的笑容.我當時簡直對這個6尺8吋, 來自雪城的小孩感到瘋狂,他以一個新鮮人的姿態就帶領球隊拿到NCAA冠軍. But, too often, everything that made him Melo now seems covered in a bad combination of belly-button gazing and cynicism. Who stole the baller we loved from inside the No. 15 jersey? 但是,漸漸的,許多事情的發生讓Melo現在的笑容變的醜陋.到底是誰偷走了那個讓人喜愛 的15號球員? The grief Anthony receives for being a one-dimensional player is not entirely fair, but it's hazing endured by every big scorer in the league since Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game. 要說Anthony成為一個只能得分的球員也許並不公平,不過自從Wilt Chamberlain在一場比 賽得了100分後,每一個得分好手在其他方面就受到更嚴格的檢視. "It's always been like that in basketball. If you're a scorer, people always say, 'Yeah, but does he make other players better?' That's just the way it is. Can't get around it," said Nuggets assistant coach Adrian Dantley, once a scorer who could not be defended in the paint, yet now finds himself at 51 still waiting for an invitation to the Hall of Fame. "籃球場上就是這樣.如果你是一個得分手,人們就會說 '噢,但是他有打的比別人更好嗎?' 事情就是如此,我們不能逃避" 金塊的助理教練Adrian Dantley說,Adrian Dantley也曾經 是在禁區無往不利的得分好手,現在發現他已經51歲了,仍然在等待名人堂的邀請. So much boyish enthusiasm is revealed every time Anthony allows his eyes to twinkle that you can see the inner child, a trait destined to make him a great father. 每當Anthony向你眨眼睛的時候你都能看到那孩子般的熱情,而這個特徵能讓他成為一個很 棒的爸爸. But there's a troubling immaturity that lingers in Melo's game. 不過這樣不成熟的感覺在Melo的比賽裡也看的到. Karl wishes Anthony would take a look to Houston and notice that emphasizing victory above all else is what has finally made Tracy McGrady a bona fide superstar at age 27, in his 10th season after entering the NBA, ballyhooed as the next big thing. Karl希望Anthony能看一看火箭隊的比賽,並且強調Tracy McGrady在27歲,nba生涯第十個 年頭時終於了解勝利能讓比賽快樂100倍,而這也使他成了一個超級巨星. "Tracy McGrady has grown up. Tracy McGrady gets it," Karl said. "Tracy McGrady變的更成熟,他做到了"Karl說. "And, right now, what you're saying is basically, 'When is Melo going to get it?' Is it going to be next month?' As a coach, there's no one more frustrated, there's no one more angry than me, because I feel the pain." "所以,現在的討論基本上是,'Melo什麼時候能辦到?' '會是下個月嗎?' 作為一個教練,我 比誰都感到沮喪和生氣,因為我感到很痛苦" Anthony's lack of consistent commitment to defense, the benign neglect of teammates who stand around for a pass that never arrives, the ducking out the side door at practice while Iverson is stuck with the media nags, it all stinks. Anthony對防守的不專注,在球場上隊友和他要球他卻不傳,當Iverson和媒體打交道時,他 卻從練習中離開,這都是一些惹人厭的事情. When will Anthony stop dreaming about being one of the top 10 players on the planet, get down to it and work as hard at greatness as Dr. J or Magic or Air Jordan once did? Anthony什麼時候才能停止幻想成為地球上最強的籃球員,而像J博士,魔術強森,或喬丹一樣 ,用努力行動來證明一切呢? It depends on when, or if, Melo decides he's ready to grow up as a basketball player. 這完全取決於Melo什麼時候決定他要成為一個真正的籃球員. We're all waiting, tapping feet impatiently. 我們都在等著這一天的到來,不耐煩的等著. Staff writer Mark Kiszla can be reached at 303-954-1053 or mkiszla@denverpost.com. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 我很喜歡Melo 不過我不想去辯解什麼 金塊隊現在處在低潮 當一個球隊贏不了球時 責難就會從四面八方壓過來 特別是金塊隊是一支能夠贏球的球隊 當然會受到更嚴格的檢視 Melo身為球隊的領袖 他就必須扛下這責任 如果Melo想要成為一個更偉大的球員 他就要更勇敢的去面對 No more apologies, no more excuses. It's time for you to be a real all-star, Carmelo. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.114.219.25

03/07 01:28, , 1F
大推。
03/07 01:28, 1F

03/07 01:32, , 2F
Melo可以的,要加油!
03/07 01:32, 2F

03/07 02:45, , 3F
推 感覺責任全給melo 其他球員手感冷到爆被忽略了 希望這壓
03/07 02:45, 3F

03/07 02:47, , 4F
力 能讓melo成長
03/07 02:47, 4F