[新聞] Joba says he'll be throwing in a week

看板NY-Yankees作者 (Te Extrano ``)時間16年前 (2008/08/10 02:37), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
ANAHEIM -- Joba Chamberlain's shoulder might be damaged, but his outlook certainly isn't. Chamberlain reported to the Yankees' Spring Training complex Friday in good spirits, claiming that he'll be ready to return to active duty in less than a month. "I'll be throwing in a week," Chamberlain told the Associated Press in Tampa, Fla. "I'll probably throw the beginning of next week. Everything feels fine now." Throwing in a week's time has been the plan ever since the Yankees placed Chamberlain on the disabled list last Wednesday with right rotator cuff tendinitis. Though the team originally anticipated a week of rest for its injured pitcher, Chamberlain instead flew to Tampa so that he could exercise and receive treatment from Yankees trainers. If all goes well, Chamberlain said, he expects to rejoin the rotation later this month. Chamberlain originally injured his right shoulder in the fifth inning last Monday, complaining of irritation in the deltoid area. He underwent an MRI and then traveled to Florida for a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews, ultimately hitting the disabled list with tendinitis on Wednesday. Even so, Chamberlain said he was never wholly concerned about the injury. "It would have been different if I wasn't still throwing 99 [mph]," he told the AP. "It was a different feeling that I never had, so I just wanted to make sure." Chamberlain's prediction of an August return might be a bit premature, especially given the Yankees' history of treating him as carefully as possible. But his confidence, if nothing else, is encouraging as he works toward a return. "I'm not going to speculate when he's going to come back, just because I don't want to put any pressure on him," manager Joe Girardi said. "Players think when they get hurt, they can come back the next day. But we'll be smart about it." http://tinyurl.com/55swze -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.126.132.186
文章代碼(AID): #18dUFyAX (NY-Yankees)
文章代碼(AID): #18dUFyAX (NY-Yankees)