Re: [閒聊] 下學期的大綱

看板NCCU09_MAENG作者 (我要在嫩草地場啊~~)時間14年前 (2010/01/27 23:24), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串5/5 (看更多)
剛查了愛克的課本 書林有兩本, 但都很貴 看來又是燒錢的一學期了.....囧 765 大洋 Literary Theory: A Practical Introduction, 2/e 1019 大洋 Literary Theory: An Anthology, 2/e 博客來 我搜了快20頁, 要不是搶購一空,不然就上好幾千塊 所以 大家想去書展搜課本嗎? <--- 假公濟私~~~ ※ 引述《lamer (休眠模式)》之銘言: : 必修也出來了喔 : 當代文學理論與批評 Spring 2010 : Contemporary Literary Theory & Criticism Professor: Erick Heroux : 何艾克 : Wednesday 9:10 AM – 12 PM Room 340304 JiTao : email: heroux@nccu.edu.tw : office: Research 727 : What do we mean when we say “theory”? As the editors of The Norton : Anthology of Theory & Criticism put it theory : “now entails skepticism toward systems institutions and norms; a readiness : to take critical stands and to engage in resistance; an interest in blind : spots contradictions and distortions (often discovered to be ineradicable); : and a habit of linking local and personal practices to the larger economic : political historical and ethical forces of culture” (xxxiii). : The point of theory therefore is not merely to interpret a text but rather : more tactically to change the way we think and live. Criticism that does not : perform this in any manner is not what we call “theory” here. But if you : like the quotation above then you will find theory to be a powerful tool that : will enrich (and challenge) the rest of your life. Each of the various : approaches we will cover not only fulfills the definition of theory above but : each is also in dialogue with each other. Theories often overlap with each : other. : Theory is also said to be difficult. I suppose that if it were easy, : you'd already know it. But the difficulty derives from its unknown way of : thinking. Another difficulty is due to a written style that deliberately : frustrates the fast reader who’s skimming for what they already assume; the : style is meant to slow you down and start over. Theory deliberately opposes : what has passed for "rationality" and "common sense" for many centuries. : Once you learn that, then it becomes easier. This is more or less like : learning Greek: at first impossible to understand, but after learning all the : terms just as sensible as any other language. : Pedagogy: : Lecture and readings are in English. Prepare the readings before class -- : usually this will require at least 7 hours of reading time plus or minus : depending on many variables. It takes the professor about that long! : Assignment length varies from 30 pages to 100 pages per week depending on : the level of difficulty. In class we will have an open discussion based on : your questions and comments and I will talk quite a lot probably more than : you think I should but less than I think is needed. My hope is that you will : talk as much as I do. See “Grading” below. Try to raise at least one : question and/or comment to the seminar every week. : Writing assignment? : Four short comments are due. Of the 15 or so actual weeks of class, choose : the four that interest you more. Write a 2-page comment to turn in to the : class for that week. I’ll ask you to sign-up on our schedule for a specific : topic ahead of time. Explain and evaluate some specific theme from our : readings; or perhaps to at least explore and question a specific theme. Do : not give a general overview of the reading since that's too much for a short : presentation. If you’re not sure, then I will recommend or even assign : examples of a“specific theme”in critical practice as applied to some famous : poems, plays, and novels. The best way to gain proficiency is use your : original response to puzzle through an issue from the reading. Usually I : will ask you to present your weekly comment orally to your classmates ideally : without reading it. By the end of the semester you’ll have five pages : finished on five specific concepts or problems. : Required Texts: : ‧ Literary Theory: An Anthology 2nd edition. Edited by Michael Ryan. : ‧ An enormous photocopy packet containing more recent publications : Optional texts for your own reference: : ‧ Hans Bertens' Literary Theory: The Basics_ 2nd edition : ‧ Jeff Collins & Bill Mayblin's Introducing Derrida : ‧ Michael Ryan’s Literary Theory: A Practical Introduction 2nd edition. : Grading: : ‧ Your grade is based upon the quality of your five 2-page comments and your : weekly in-class comments. Try to say at least one thing every week, even if : just a thoughtful question. This = 50% credit : ‧ Final exam will consist of an in-class essay responding to three : questions. You’ll have six optional questions to choose from. This = 50% : credit. : = : 要訂課本嗎? -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 123.193.65.101

01/27 23:50, , 1F
博客來便宜65元...
01/27 23:50, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1BO5gbka (NCCU09_MAENG)
文章代碼(AID): #1BO5gbka (NCCU09_MAENG)