[外電] Kobe站在巨人的肩膀上

看板KobeBryant作者 (洛城浪子)時間13年前 (2010/11/27 20:19), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Lakers 看板 #1CxqGsL9 ] 作者: LABOYS (洛城浪子) 看板: Lakers 標題: [外電] Kobe站在巨人的肩膀上 時間: Fri Nov 26 13:22:58 2010 Kobe still tough, with assists from the greats Kobe站在巨人的肩膀上 原文網址 : http://0rz.tw/Gyhcf MINNEAPOLIS – Out of nowhere one afternoon, Michael Jackson made a call to the irrepressible and isolated Kobe Bryant(notes), and so much changed for him. From a distance, the King of Pop could sense so much of his own obsessive genius within the prodigy. Bryant was the 18-year-old wonder for the Los Angeles Lakers, and no one knew what to make of a restlessness borne of a desperate desire for greatness. 在一個不知道哪兒不對的午後,Michael Jackson給了桀驁不馴的Kobe Bryant一通電話, 在在這之後Kobe產生了很大的改變。 電話的那端,這位流行之王似乎可以在這個神童身上看到到自己近乎偏執的天分。 Bryant是洛杉磯湖人隊18歲的新希望,而且在這個時間點, 沒人知道是什麼啟發給了這個年輕人這種極度渴望成偉大球員的無窮動力。 “He noticed I was getting a lot of [expletive] for being different,” Bryant said. “他注意到了我很想變得與眾不同,” Bryant說。 They would talk for hours and hours, visiting at Neverland Ranch, and Bryant has long been fortified by the lessons Jackson instilled about the burden of honoring true talent, about the ways to open your mind to be smarter, sharper and insatiable in the chase. 在Jackson的夢幻莊園中,他們樂於進行數小時的暢談。 Jackson向Kobe傳遞了許多對他的看法,包括擁有出眾天分的負擔, 如何讓自己變得更聰明、更犀利、在追求卓越上更加的貪得無厭, 而這些看法都使Kobe變得更加強大。 “It sounds weird, I guess, but it’s true: I was really mentored by the preparation of Michael Jackson,” Bryant told Yahoo! Sports. “我猜這聽起來很怪,但是這確實是事實:Michael Jackson就是我的良師。” Bryant這樣告訴雅虎體育。 Bryant isn’t much for nostalgia and sentimentality, but it hung in the air as he cut into his steak over dinner recently in the fourth-floor restaurant at the Graves Hotel. Jackson is gone, but Bryant is going on 15 years with the Lakers. Bryant並不是一個多愁善感的人,但是當他在Graves四樓餐廳切開晚餐的牛排時, 某種悲傷的情緒確實彌漫在空氣中。Jackson去世了, 而Bryant正在為自己和湖人的第15個年頭而努力。 “We would always talk about how he prepared to make his music, how he prepared for concerts,” Bryant said. “He would teach me what he did: How to make a ‘Thriller’ album, a ‘Bad’ album, all the details that went into it. It was all the validation that I needed – to know that I had to focus on my craft and never waver. Because what he did – and how he did it – was psychotic. He helped me get to a level where I was able to win three titles playing with Shaq because of my preparation, my study. And it’s only all grown. “我們談到他是如何為做自己的音樂做準備,如何為演唱會做準備,” Bryant說。 “他很願意告訴我他是怎麼做的:如何製作“Thriller”,“Bad”這些專輯, 以及所有必須的要素。 我相信這就是我想要確定的事情 – 去瞭解到我必須專注於我的目標而且從不動搖。他所做的事情是很神經質的。 他幫助我提升到一個能通過自己的準備和學習, 培養出自己的能力和Shaq一起拿下三連霸的高度。我的整體都提升了。 “That’s the mentality that I have – it’s not an athletic one. It’s not from [Michael] Jordan. It’s not from other athletes. “It’s from Michael Jackson.” “這是我得到的一種思考方法 - 這不是運動員的模式。 不是來師法於Jordan的。也不是來自自於其他運動選手的。 我的專業,來自Michael Jackson。” Bryant wore his Lakers varsity jacket, purple gold. It had several championship trophies across the back. For all the cynicism the years have brought him, a lot of that teenager still lives within. Kobe Bryant is 32 years old now, and he keeps coming and coming like nothing witnessed since Jordan himself. Bryant穿上了代表湖人隊的外套,紫金相間的戰衣。 在外套的背後印著很多獎盃。這麼多年一直圍繞他的種種批判, 很多現在的年輕球員正經歷著。 Kobe Bryant現在已經32歲,並且持續前進,這在Jordan之後的球員裡是難得一見的。 He’s chasing his sixth championship, a second three-peat, and still, Kobe Bryant doesn’t want to talk about Twitter followers. He doesn’t want to talk about all the Hollywood acting roles he has turned down, the parties and nightlife that he has mostly forsaken in his career. He’s chasing a ticking clock, chasing the ghosts before him – Jordan and Magic and Russell. 他在追尋著自己的第六個冠軍,第二個三連霸, 而且Kobe Bryant一點都不碰twitter這一類的東西。 他一點都不想談論他在好萊塢扮演的種種角色, 他一點都不想談在他的職業生涯中所放棄的那些派對和交際應酬。 他在和時間賽跑,追趕著在他之前的那些先烈 - Jordan,Magic和Russell。 The world has changed around Bryant in this modern NBA, but his core basketball values have remained largely untouched and unimpeachable: His will stays greater than yours; his talent evolves but hardly diminishes. His single-mindedness remains maniacal. Bryant身處的現代NBA聯盟及其所在的世界已經改變了很多, 但是他自己的核心籃球價值觀依然是旁人無法觸及也無法動搖的: 他將會比很多人更加偉大;他的天份一直在轉變但是從不消退。 他對籃球依然一心一意,如癡如狂。 “Guys have voices now, want to build brands,” Bryant said. “I don’t identify with it, but I understand where it’s going, why it’s going there. That’s not for me. I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.” “人們都想要表達自己的想法,想要發出聲音,” Bryant說。 “我不在乎這個,但是我理解這一切都是怎麼來的,是怎麼產生的。這並不適合我。 我只想關注一件事,唯一的一件事 - 那就是盡我所能拿下我能力所及的所有冠軍盃。” Yes, he’s got five, and the Lakers stand as a favorite to get him his sixth this season. The false god of celebrity still isn’t intoxicating to him like the grit, the grind of greatness. He still loves the work, craves the pain that comes with pushing himself – pushing everyone. The craft, he calls it: Honor the craft. On the night before every game, he still downloads video into his iPhone from Mike Procopio in Chicago about how opponents may attack him, the way the defenders will rotate to him, the spots where he can feed his teammates the ball – small things beyond the Lakers’ own scouting reports, another edge. Sometimes, they’ll email thoughts back and forth past midnight, which isn’t such a big deal because Bryant seldom sleeps more than three hours a night. 是的,他已經拿到了5個冠軍,而且整支湖人和他都朝著第六個在奮鬥。 名人那種虛幻的美好並沒有如成功旅途上的小碎石那般迷惑著他。 他依然熱愛他的工作,在痛苦中砥礪自己 - 也激勵著所有人。 這種藝術,他稱之為:充滿榮譽感的藝術。 每場比賽的前一晚,他都會從芝加哥的Mike Procopio那裡把比賽影片下載到iPhone中, 去研究對手的進攻方式,防守球員對他作出的的輪轉包夾,以及他給隊友餵球的位置。 這一切都遠遠超出了湖人隊自己作出的報告裡包含的內容。 有時,他們整晚透過郵件交流討論,這一點也不奇怪,因為Kobe每晚很少睡超過3小時。 For him, so much of the genius remains in the details. 對於他來說,他的天才有很大一部分要來自他對於細節的堅持。 So when you start a question, “I know you don’t see the end coming … ,” Bryant corrects you quickly. “But it’s a lot closer; I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.” 因此,當你甫開口問了下面這個問題,“我知道你還沒看到到生涯終點將要到來……,” Bryant立刻就會打斷你。“但是它變近了,我能看到從隧道盡頭傳來的光線。” And you won’t be the one to stay too long, to make them rip the jersey off your back? 而且你也不會是一個留在這裡太久,讓他們把紫金戰袍從你身上拔去的人吧? “Just thinking about some of the guys that I take advantage of now, taking advantage of me later – that doesn’t sit too well with me,” Bryant said. “只要試著想想我現在欺負了多少新人,而他們以後會照這個模式去占更新一代的便宜, 這並不會讓我覺得有多不爽。” Bryant說。 In a lot of ways, Bryant believes he has never been better. Every time he sees Boston Celtics great Bill Russell, they talk about the ways that you grow, about the ways you take your team and mold and push and prod it. The biggest revelations, the epiphanies, have come out of Bryant’s own trial and error, his own successes and failures. 在很多層面,Kobe認為他不能做得更好了。 每一次當他遇到波士頓塞爾提克隊的傳奇Bill Russell,他們都會談論彼此成長的方式, 談論他們是如何融合隊友,進而打造一支勁旅的。 這最大的啟示,頓悟,都來自於Bryant自己的試煉和錯誤,他自己的成功和失敗。 For the modern athlete, his recovery from the scandal of the Eagle, Colorado, assault case has been one of sport’s most remarkable. 對這位現代的運動員來說,他從鷹郡醜聞中的反彈,是體育史上最重要的一部分。 “You don’t have a choice,” Bryant said. “You come out of it and you come out of it better than you were. You can crawl up into a little ball like a coward – or you can fight it.” “你沒有選擇,” Bryant說。 “你從中放下,並且超越自己。 你可以像懦夫般蜷曲成一顆球逃避現實,你也可以像戰士一樣戰鬥。” 感謝版友更正 thx Well beyond his most trying personal test, Bryant sees the growth within his professional self in the oddest moments and times. Just a week ago, on a cold night in Milwaukee, he had gone to the scorers table to substitute for Shannon Brown(notes). Only, Brown was hot. He hit a 3-pointer, and another, and another, and soon Bryant – waiting to check into the game with Lamar Odom(notes) – told Odom that he should take out Luke Walton(notes), and Bryant would get Matt Barnes(notes). 超越了對於他個人來說最難的考驗後, Bryant察覺自己作為職業運動員,在這最奇妙的時期所取得的成長。 僅僅在一周之前,在Milwaukee的一個寒冷夜晚,他去坐板凳替換Shannon Brown上場。 Shannon的手感發燙,他轟進了一顆又一顆的三分球。 這之後Bryant,在和Lamar Odom等待上場時,告訴Odom他應該換下Luke Walton上場, 而自己的位置應該換上Matt Barnes。 Said Bryant: “Because now I understand: ‘Let him go; let him ride that.’ Back in my younger days, I never would’ve thought about that.” Bryant說: “因為現在我明白:讓他去發揮,讓他去駕馭球場。當我還年輕,從來沒有這種想法。” Ask him what he embraces in his early 30s that he never understood in his 20s, and there’s no hesitation: It’s what everyone insisted he had been a failure with, a perception that he has transformed with two post-Shaquille O’ Neal(notes) championships. 他在30歲時掌握的東西是他20歲完全無法理解的,這一點毫無疑問。 這也是很多人認為他曾經很失敗的主因。 但是現在大家察覺在Kobe拿到後-Shaquille O’Neal時代的這兩個冠軍後, 他已經有了很大的轉變。 “How to truly make players better, what that really means,” he said. “It’ s not just passing to your guys and getting them shots. It’s not getting this or that many players into double figures. That’s bull[expletive]. That’ s not how you win championships. You’ve got to change the culture of your team – that’s how you truly make guys better. In a way, you have to help them to get the same DNA that you have, the same focus you have, maybe even close to the same drive. That’s how you make guys better. “如何真正的讓其他球員變得更好才是真正重要的,”他說。 “不僅是傳球讓他們去投籃。不僅是做某些事情幫助他們拿到雙十。這都是鬼扯。 總冠軍可不是這麼拿到的。你有機會去改變球隊的整個文化 - 這才能真正讓他們變得更好。 從另一個方面來說,你可以讓他們擁有和你一樣的DNA, 一樣的專注,讓大家保持一致性。這才能讓他們變得更好。” “I’ve never understood this stuff, where a star player sits out and a team goes into the tank. Well, they need him because he makes them better. Well, if he’s making them better, they should be able to survive without him. That ’s how you lead your guys. You’ve got to be able to make guys suffice on their own, without you. If you’re there all the time and they take you away, they shouldn’t need a respirator. “我永遠不能理解這種事,一個球員得到突出的表現然而球隊戰績卻沉到谷底。 球隊需要這位球員只是因為他能讓球隊變得更好。 如果他能讓球隊更好的話,即使沒有他的參與球隊也能贏球。 這是一個領袖應該做的事。 你要讓他們能夠依靠自己,即使沒有你。 當你不在的時候,他們也不需要緊急逃生裝置。” “Once I understood all that, I looked at things completely different. I took my hands off. I didn’t try to control them. I let them make decisions, make their own [expletive]-ups and I was there to try and help them through it.” “當我了解這一切的那一刻開始,事物在我面前開始變得不同。 我開始放開手,我不想去控制他們。 我讓他們自己做決定,做他們自己的選擇。而我在一旁幫助他們。” As much as anyone, Russell led Bryant to those epiphanies. At an NBA All-Star weekend years ago, Bryant introduced himself to the legendary Celtics center and they’ve never missed a chance to sit and share thoughts and memories since. Things Russell told him years ago made more sense as Bryant grew up, grew older and saw leadership and winning through more advanced prisms. When the rest of the league’s best players were invited to play at the White House this summer, Bryant ended up sitting on the side with Russell because of his knee surgery. 就想其他人一樣,Russell曾幫助Bryant有所體悟。 在多年前的一個全明星週末,Bryant向這位塞爾提克的傳奇自我介紹, 在此之後他們從不放過每一個能坐下來分享記憶和思考的機會。 Russell多年前告訴Bryant的事情對於Bryant的重要性隨著他的成長而增加, 最終,在多個面相,我們見證了領導力和勝利的完美結合。 當這個聯盟最好球員們在夏天被邀請去白宮時, 最後Bryant因為他的膝蓋手術而坐在Russell的旁邊。 “Bill is always a Celtic, but I think he’s appreciated my thirst for knowledge,” Bryant said. “Bill一直都是一個塞爾提克的人,但是我想他欣賞我對知識的渴望,” Bryant說。 He’ll never reach Russell’s 11 championships, but he has a chance to pass Magic Johnson’s five championships, pass Michael Jordan’s six and get closest. For as much sense as Russell made to Bryant over the summer in Washington, something else there completely confounded him. As he walked the District’s streets in August, people peppered him with three words: Beat the Heat. 他永遠達不到Russell的11個冠軍, 但是他有機會去超越Magic Johnson的5冠,超過Michael Jordan的6冠且和MJ更加靠近。 和Russell在那個華盛頓的夏天給予Bryant的意義一樣強烈, 另外的某些東西則完全讓Bryant覺得厭煩。 當他在八月份走在街上時,人們不停的對他重複四個字:打敗熱火。 Beat the Heat? 打敗熱火? “That’s what I get a lot now,” Bryant said. ‘Beat the Heat.’ ” “這是我現在收到最多的訊息,”Kobe說。“打敗熱火。” Truth be told, it hadn’t occurred to him that would be the mantra for the two-time defending champion Lakers. “Um, they’re in the East,” Bryant would say. 說真的,這並沒有像個魔咒一樣纏這位目前二連霸的球員不放 “呃,他們是東區的。”Bryant說。 Which was his polite way of saying: For starters, how about they beat Boston and Orlando? And now, at 8-6, let’s face it: The least of LeBron and the Miami Heat’s worries ought to be Kobe and Los Angeles Lakers. 這是他很禮貌的說法: 對於這樣的新球隊來說,他們能擊敗波士頓塞爾提克和奧蘭多魔術嗎? 而現在,這8勝6負的成績,讓我們重新看清楚現實。 至少應該是LeBron和邁阿密熱火來擔心Kobe和他的湖人。 Bryant won’t call it insulting, only saying: “It’s funny. I get a good chuckle out of it.” Bryant並不這當做一種困擾,他只是說:“這很有趣,我獲得了一些樂趣。” History matters to him, and that’s why you see his eyes grow as wide as half-dollars when the rivalry with the Boston Celtics gets raised. As Bryant attempts to chase down Jordan’s six titles, the Lakers will try to chase down the Celtics’ 17 titles this spring. The NBA scripted the Lakers vs. Heat on Christmas Day, but Bryant is convinced that these things can be so easily manufactured, made to matter because of television marketers. 歷史對他來說更為重要, 這也是為什麼在對陣波士頓塞爾提克時你會發現他的眼睛張得像半張美元那麼大。 當Bryant準備爭取和Jordan比肩的第六冠,湖人正試著追上塞爾提克擁有的17冠時, NBA安排了聖誕節湖人與熱火的比賽, 但是Bryant相信這些東西很容易為了取悅電視機前面的觀眾而被人為的操作。 “It’s another game,” he said. “I don’t think the masses understand that. It’s just another game. It’s the Heat. I mean, Christmas morning, I’m going to open presents with my kids. I’m going to take pictures of them opening the presents. Then I’m going to come to the Staples Center and get ready to work. “這只是一場比賽,”他說。 “我不認為所有人都明白這一點。這只是一場比賽。隊手是熱火。 聖誕節的早上,我會為我的孩子準備禮物。在她們打開禮物時我會為她們照相。 之後我會去Staples Center準備開始我的工作。” “But I’m not doing anything different. I don’t have to.” “但是我不會表現得不同。沒必要。” The Celtics? Yes, the Celtics are different. 那麼塞爾提克呢? 是的,塞爾提克是不同的。 “Now that’s a war,” Bryant said. “Boston is a great city to go to, all the history. If you’re an opponent, they hate your [expletive] guts – like New York, like Chicago, all those Eastern cities. That’s the one that gets me excited. “那會是一場戰爭。” Bryant說。 “波士頓是一個偉大的城市,那些偉大的歷史。 如果你有一個對手,它們憎恨你,就像紐約,就像芝加哥,所有的東區城市。 這會是唯一讓我覺得激動的事情。” “If you’re a basketball purist, that’s the [expletive] you want to see.” “如果你是籃球的忠實觀眾,那才是你不會想錯過的比賽。” The Celtics have framed Bryant for history. He sees them as championship peers. He lost in six games to Boston in the 2008 Finals and beat them in seven in 2010. For Bryant, who considers himself a direct descendent of the basketball ’80s, there’s a passage to greatness. To be the best player in the sport, well, Bryant promises there’s a rite of passage which comes with the biggest performances in the biggest games, a rite that comes with titles. 塞爾提克曾經踩著Bryant創造歷史。他將他們視做冠軍等級的對手。 他在2008年輸掉了總冠軍賽的第六場比賽,但是在2010年在第七場打敗了對手。 對於Kobe來說,他認為自己完全繼承了80年代的籃球傳統並且正在通往偉大的路上。 為了成為這項運動中最偉大的球員,Kobe允諾將會有一個通過的儀式, 這都原由自最偉大的比賽中那些最偉大的時刻,這是一個包含著無數冠軍的儀式。 History dictates the rules, the criteria, and people don’t get to be called the best player in the sport without earning it the way predecessors did. He wouldn’t sit here over dinner and declare himself the best player in the sport, but he’s never conceded it to LeBron James(notes) or Kevin Durant(notes). 歷史定義了規則和標準,那些不像先烈一樣贏得冠軍的人是無法被稱為最好的球員的。 他不會坐在餐桌旁宣稱自己是這項運動中最好的球員, 但是他從來不願把這個位置讓給LeBron James或者Kevin Durant。 Validation comes with victory. This rule doesn’t belong to him; it belongs to history. 認可來自勝利。但規則並非由他來決定,而是屬於歷史的範疇。 “In an individual sport, yes, you have to win titles,” Bryant said. “ Baseball’s different. But basketball, hockey? One person can control the tempo of a game, can completely alter the momentum of a series. There’s a lot of great individual talent. Oscar Robertson was a great individual talent. So was Elgin Baylor. Part of my frustration was that I didn’t want to go down that path for the second half of my career. I didn’t want to be a Dominique Wilkins. I didn’t want to be an Elgin Baylor and not win. … “在一項個人運動中,是的,你必須贏得冠軍,”Bryant說。 “但是籃球是不同的。一個人能掌握比賽的節奏,能完全領導偉大的逆轉。 這裡有很多偉大的天才。Oscar Robertson就是。Elgin Baylor也是。 有些遺憾的是我不想在我的職業生涯後期像他們一樣。 我不想當Dominique Wilkins。我不想當Elgin Baylor然後拿不到冠軍……” “Part of the pride within me was that I won by being the sidekick. I’m going to be the only player in league history that’s won being a sidekick – and I had a lot of responsibility – going to be the only player to do that, and being the main guy. I’m going to show you that I can do that. “我一部分的榮耀是作為球隊副手得來的。 我將會是這個聯盟史上唯一一開始當副手 – 然後轉而承擔有很多的責任 - 在這之外再作為球隊的領袖贏得冠軍。我將會向你們證明我能做到這些。” “How do I get to the next level? How do I get everyone around me to the next level? Yeah, you’ve got to win; that’s what I had to do. I was a great individual talent but I wasn’t comfortable with that. I wanted to do more.” “我如何達到下一個等級?我如何讓周圍的人達到下一個等級? 很好,你必須贏球;這是你該做的事。 我曾經是一個卓越的,獨善其身的選手,但是我並不感到快樂。我想要做的更多。” Kobe Bryant wasn’t naming names, but hey, if the Nikes fit … Kobe Bryant想要低調,但Nikes可不會讓他這麼做……. “Michael wasn’t Michael until he won championships,” Bryant said. “It’s as simple as that.” “Michael直到他拿到冠軍之後才被稱為現在的Michael Jordan,” Bryant說。“這就這麼簡單。” In so many ways, this has become an NBA of cliques, buddies hanging out with buddies. James wanted to play with Wade and Bosh. Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), Chris Paul(notes) and Carmelo Anthony(notes) have toasted to the possibility of playing together in New York. The draft class of 2003 – James and Wade, Anthony and Bosh – has always run as a pack, always been associates more than adversaries. 如今很多方面顯示,NBA裡產生了很多小群黨,由所謂兄弟之間的情誼構成的。 James想要和Wade、Both一起打球。 Amar’e Stoudemire,Chris Paul和Carmelo Anthony曾經在紐約討論過聯手的可能性。 2003年那一屆的選秀 - James和Wade,Anthony和Bosh –似乎喜歡團體行動, 彼此間朋友的形象遠多與宿敵。 Kobe Bryant arrived in the NBA as a lone wolf, has played his whole career that way, and that’s how he’ll leave the league. One of the things which Michael Jackson helped him understand was that, ultimately, you’re competing far more with your own standards, your own limits, than someone else’s. Bryant’s never run around in packs of players, never let his career be judged or driven in the context of his contemporaries. Kobe Bryant像一隻孤狼般來到NBA,他整個職業生涯都是如此, 而現在他逐漸將離開這個聯盟了。 Michael Jackson幫助他瞭解的一件事情是,說穿了你是在和自己的標準, 自己的極限競爭。而不是和其他人比較。 Kobe從不和其他球員為伍,從不讓他同輩的球員去主宰他職業生涯的內涵。 “That’s how I am,” Bryant said. “That’s what made me tough. I didn’t need other guys to push me. This is me. I’m like this with you, and I’m like this without you. Michael [Jackson] was the same way. That was our connection.” “我就是如此,” Bryant說。 “他讓我變得更堅決。我不需要其他人去刺激我。這就是我。你可以贊同,也可以批評, 但是我依舊如此。Michael Jackson也是如此。這就是我們之間的共鳴。” Once the NBA’s twentysomething stars were done with the stage-smoke shows this summer, the preening, the predicting of five and six championships, they were playing ball at the White House with the president. On a tour of the West Wing, Bryant tried to be hospitable in those most-familiar surroundings. 一旦那些20多歲的球星們結束了夏天的花花世界生活,並引頸期待,盼望5,6個冠軍從天 上掉下來,他們在白宮和總統一起打球。 在一次往西的旅途中,Bryant對這種熟悉的事情感到厭煩。 “You’ve got to go to the bathroom? Oh, go that way, take a left and then turn right,” Bryant said, his head bobbing back in laughter now. “Oh, you want the chef? I know where he is, too. We’ve been a few times.” “你想去洗手間?哦,那去吧,先往左轉再往右轉,”Bryant說,他搖晃著頭大笑著。 “喔,你想要找大廚?我也知道他在哪喔。我們見過幾次面。” Yes, Kobe Bryant kind of liked that one. All he knows is this: Between now and the London Olympics in 2012, one of his U.S. teammates ought to do himself a favor and win a championship. Otherwise, it’ll be a long, hot summer of Bryant riding them all. Around Team USA, they’ll tell you that Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade(notes) were the two Americans who had the dispositions to dominate in the gold-medal game’s fourth quarter. “Our alpha dogs,” one official said. 是的,Kobe Bryant很愛這種玩笑。 而他真正知道的是: 現在和2012年倫敦奧運之間,他的某個美國隊隊友必須幫助他贏得一個冠軍。 否則,這個夏天Kobe都會鞭策他的隊友們。 在美國隊內,他們都會告訴你Kobe和Wade是兩位能在冠軍戰第四節發揮統治力的球員。 "我們的alpha dogs。" 某位官員這麼描述。

11/26 19:39,
alpha希臘文第一個字 alpha dogs:好勝的天生領袖
11/26 19:39
Privately, there are plenty of national-team elders and coaches who are curious about how that chemistry will work in 2012. Mostly, they wonder whether James will see it as his time, his team, with Bryant 34 years old. From the return of the Miami clique to the arrival of Kevin Durant, it’ll be a different dynamic, a different vibe. 私底下,有很多國家隊的老鳥和教練都很擔心球員們如何在2012產生好的化學反應。 大多數的人都擔心James會認為他的時代到來了,這是他的球隊,那時Kobe已經34歲了。 從邁阿密的強勢回歸和Kevin Durant的競爭,這將會變成一種不同的動力。 For a moment, Bryant tried to answer it diplomatically. 一度,Bryant嘗試很官方的回答這個問題。 “Um, I don’t know,” he said. “恩,我不知道,”他說。 Only, Kobe Bryant did know – and finally said so. 不過Kobe很瞭解狀況,他最終也說出口了。 “Actually, I really don’t give a [expletive]. I’m not curious about it. Give me my [expletive] gold medal and then let me try to win another NBA championship. Let’s practice, have a good time, and if you need me in the last two minutes of the game, I’ll be coming in to pull the [expletive] out. “事實上,我根本不關心。我一點都不好奇。 給我該死的冠軍然後讓我贏另外一個NBA總冠軍。 讓我好好訓練,好好工作,如果你在比賽的最後兩分鐘需要我, 我會上場去投進那個絕殺球。” And there you go. Whatever everyone thought would happen this summer, here we are in November and something hasn’t changed in the NBA: They’re still chasing Bryant. Every year, something else is going to stop him. This time, it was the knee. It was LeBron and Wade on South Beach. Something. It’s always something. 現在你們明白了。不管這個夏天發生了什麼,現在才11月, 而且NBA的一些東西並未改變 - “他們依然在追趕著Kobe。” 每一年,總有一些東西想要阻止他。 這一次,是他的膝蓋,是在南方海灘的LeBron和Wade。 一些東西,總是有那麼一些東西。 “They don’t learn,” Bryant said. “I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. No matter what the injury – unless it’s completely debilitating – I’m going to be the same player I’ve always been. I’ll figure it out. I’ll make some tweaks, some changes, but I’m still coming.” “他們不瞭解,” Bryant說。 “我就在這裡,我哪也不去。不管是什麼傷痛,除非它完全讓我癱掉, 我將永遠做一個始終如一的球員。我會學習一些事情,我會犯錯,我會改變, 但我終將會回歸這裡。” Bryant is 32, chasing Jordan and Russell the way the rest of the twentysomethings chase him. And now he sits up straight and says it one more time, because he wants to make sure everyone understands the truth of the matter. Bryant現在32歲,他正向那些20多歲的球員追趕他一樣的追趕著Jordan和Russell。 他現在堅定地再次發出聲明,因為他想讓所有人都明白這一點。 “I’m still coming.” "我終將會回歸這裡。" -- 洛城 ███◣ 浪子 Los Angeles Boys ◢██◣ █ █ ◥█ φlin798183 ██ ██◤ █ ██◤ █◤◢█ █◣ ◢ ██◤ ◥ ◤ █ █ ◤ ◥█ ███◣ ███◤ ◢██ ◥██ ◢█◤ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.123.33

11/26 13:25,
頭推!!!!!!!!!!
11/26 13:25

11/26 13:26,
推,好長,翻譯辛苦了
11/26 13:26
※ 編輯: LABOYS 來自: 140.113.123.33 (11/26 13:26)

11/26 13:26,
KOBE:我是籃球癡漢
11/26 13:26

11/26 13:31,
這就是KOBE!!!!!
11/26 13:31

11/26 13:33,
推!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/26 13:33

11/26 13:33,
push!!!!!!!!!!
11/26 13:33

11/26 13:34,
Omni toughness!!
11/26 13:34

11/26 13:35,
好長!!!超強!!!
11/26 13:35

11/26 13:36,
頭推,好一句跟自己的標準和極限競爭XDDD
11/26 13:36

11/26 13:36,
哈,看完才發現不是頭推@@
11/26 13:36

11/26 13:38,
推阿~~~這個態度是大家都可以學習的~~
11/26 13:38

11/26 13:41,
推 環境的巨變無法動搖他的價值!
11/26 13:41

11/26 13:42,
大推!!!辛苦了!!!
11/26 13:42

11/26 13:44,
好好看!!!!
11/26 13:44

11/26 13:45,
我最欣賞Kobe傳承8-90年代的精神 現在新生代還沒到那高度
11/26 13:45

11/26 13:45,
當然他們也遲早會 但是在他們身上比較看不到這種堅毅
11/26 13:45

11/26 13:46,
推!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/26 13:46

11/26 13:46,
推 不讓其他球員去主宰職業生涯的內涵!
11/26 13:46

11/26 13:49,
好長的翻譯~看了好久~~推一個
11/26 13:49

11/26 13:50,
Excellent!! Both Laboys and Kobe...
11/26 13:50

11/26 13:50,
推外電 辛苦了 推:他在和時間賽跑
11/26 13:50

11/26 13:52,
未看先推
11/26 13:52

11/26 13:53,
大推
11/26 13:53

11/26 13:54,
I really don't give a damn. :p
11/26 13:54

11/26 13:59,
看完好累推
11/26 13:59

11/26 14:01,
Legend!
11/26 14:01

11/26 14:02,
好好看 謝翻譯!!!!!
11/26 14:02

11/26 14:03,
太感動了!!!!
11/26 14:03

11/26 14:04,
推 好文
11/26 14:04

11/26 14:04,
這篇太屌了!!! 超強翻譯官
11/26 14:04

11/26 14:06,
好棒的文章 感謝翻譯 Kobe真的具有領袖風範 無庸置疑
11/26 14:06

11/26 14:06,
看到Jackson去世 我嚇一跳.. 原來此Jackson不是爺爺....
11/26 14:06

11/26 14:08,
Kobe的專注力和一些愛玩推特的年輕世代 真的大相逕庭
11/26 14:08

11/26 14:12,
這篇讚
11/26 14:12

11/26 14:17,
推~
11/26 14:17

11/26 14:19,
"我的專業,來自Michael Jackson"真是太特別了!!!
11/26 14:19
還有 143 則推文
還有 2 段內文
※ 編輯: LABOYS 來自: 140.113.123.33 (11/26 19:53)

11/26 20:08,
辛苦推推~~~
11/26 20:08

11/26 20:14,
推好文和令人懷念的圓球(淚)
11/26 20:14

11/26 20:36,
好文推!!!!感謝翻譯~太神了!!!
11/26 20:36

11/26 20:55,
推great翻成卓越 好文
11/26 20:55