Re: [情報] 英國Daily Mail: 我無力挽回自己了 我完了

看板KingofPop作者 (The Kids Are Alright)時間15年前 (2009/06/29 00:36), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串4/5 (看更多)
明天要工作去了,現在還有好多事要做... 放暑假的同學們幫幫忙吧...練習一下翻譯咩^^ 補一下Hannie沒有翻的一段,為求接力效果,原文就不動囉。 ※ 引述《Hannie (I'll be better)》之銘言: : 因為這篇給我很大的驚訝,基於讓更多人瞭解,我以我有限的英文稍稍翻譯一下。 : 翻錯的請不吝指正,沒翻到的也歡迎其它網友再接力。 : : 另外根據這位記者,MJ有留下200未發表的歌曲給他的三位小孩。 : : http://tinyurl.com/lk7y5x : : 'I'm better off dead. I'm done': How Michael Jackson predicted his death six : : months ago : : By Ian Halperin : : Last updated at 2:08 AM on 28th June 2009 : : * Genetic condition had ruined his lungs and left him unable to sing : 因為基因遺傳上的問題,他的肺已經毀了而且無法再唱歌。 : : * He became so skeletal, doctors believed he was anorexic : 他已經瘦到皮包骨,醫生相信他是神經性厭食症。 : : * He had nightmares about being murdered – and wanted to die : 他夢到關於被謀殺的惡夢,而且他想死。 : : * He used swine flu as an excuse to avoid coming to England : 他以豬流感當做不去英格蘭的藉口。 : : * He thought he was agreeing to 10 concerts – it was 50 : 他以為他答應的是十場演唱會--是五十場。 : : Whatever the final autopsy results reveal, it was greed that killed Michael : : Jackson. Had he not been driven – by a cabal of bankers, agents, doctors and : : advisers – to commit to the gruelling 50 concerts in London’s O2 Arena, I : : believe he would still be alive today. : 不論驗屍結果為何,Mike是被貪婪給殺死的。如果不是銀行家,經紀人, : 醫生,和顧問所策劃的在倫敦唱50場演唱會的陰謀,我相信他至今還會活著。 : : During the last weeks and months of his life, Jackson made desperate attempts : : to prepare for the concert series scheduled for next month – a series that : : would have earned millions for the singer and his entourage, but which he : : could never have completed, not mentally, and not physically. : : Michael knew it and his advisers knew it. Anyone who caught even a fleeting : : glimpse of the frail old man hiding beneath the costumes and cosmetics would : : have understood that the London tour was madness. For Michael Jackson, it was : : fatal. : 在他生命中最後數個月,他竭力準備那個可以為他還有他週遭的人帶進數百萬 : 美元收入的演唱會—一個在心理上和生理上都不可能完成的演唱會。 : Mike和他的顧問都知道這演唱會不可能完成。任何人只要瞄到這掩藏在戲服 : 與化妝之下的虛弱老男人一眼,都會瞭解這倫敦之旅根本是一種瘋狂。對 : Mike而言,這是致命的。 : : I had more than a glimpse of the real Michael; as an award-winning freelance : : journalist and film-maker, I spent more than five years inside his ‘camp’. : : Many in his entourage spoke frankly to me – and that made it possible for me : : to write authoritatively last December that Michael had six months to live, a : : claim that, at the time, his official spokesman, Dr Tohme Tohme, called a ‘ : : complete fabrication’. The singer, he told the world, was in ‘fine health’ : : . Six months and one day later, Jackson was dead. : 我只看到他比一眼多一些些。身為一個得獎的自由記者和製片,我在他的陣營裡 : 花了五年多的時間。他身邊的人多半坦白相告於我,也因此使我在去年十二月 : 可靠地預測了Mike只剩六個月可活。這預測在當時被他的官方發言人, : Dr. Tohme稱為「徹底的捏造」。Dr. Tohme當時告訴全世界Mike健康狀況良好。 : 六個月又一天之後,Mike過世。 : : Some liked to snigger at his public image, and it is true that flamboyant : : clothes and bizarre make-up made for a comic grotesque; yet without them, his : : appearance was distressing; with skin blemishes, thinning hair and : : discoloured fingernails. : 有些人對著他的公開形象訕笑,而他華麗勁爆的戲服與誇張詭異的濃妝也的確 : 是為了漫畫式般的怪異風格所創造的。但若非這些,他的外觀是非常令人感到 : 不舒服的:皮膚上的斑點,,稀疏的頭髮,毫無顏色的指甲。 : : I had established beyond doubt, for example, that Jackson relied on an : : extensive collection of wigs to hide his greying hair. Shorn of their : : luxuriance, the Peter Pan of Neverland cut a skeletal figure. : 這段我翻不出來,意思大概是說作者曾經懷疑過Mike使用假髮來掩藏灰髮。 幫忙補上這段: 我幾乎可以這麼說:他靠著蓬鬆的假髮掩蓋底下灰白的髮絲。Neverland裡形同枯稿 的彼得潘,有如一幅骷髏的剪影。 : : It was clear that he was in no condition to do a single concert, let alone : : 50. He could no longer sing, for a start. On some days he could barely talk. : : He could no longer dance. Disaster was looming in London and, in the opinion : : of his closest confidantes, he was feeling suicidal. : : To understand why a singer of Jackson’s fragility would even think about : : travelling to London, we need to go back to June 13, 2005, when my : : involvement in his story began. : 很明顯地,Mike根本無法應付一場演唱會,何況是五十場。他一開始無法唱歌, : 接下來他可能只能勉強說話,然後完全無法跳舞。災難在倫敦漸漸逼近,他 : 的一位親密友人認為,他自己有自殺傾向。 : 要瞭解為何像Mike這樣脆弱的歌手會想到旅行到倫敦去,我們必須回到 : 2005.1.13,也就是當我開始介入去瞭解他的故事的時候。 : : As a breaking news alert flashed on CNN announcing that the jury had reached : : a verdict in Jackson’s trial for allegedly molesting 13-year-old Gavin : : Arvizo at his Neverland Ranch in California, I knew that history had been : : made but that Michael Jackson had been broken – irrevocably so, as it proved. : : Nor was it the first time that Michael had been accused of impropriety with : : young boys. Little more than a decade earlier, an other 13-year-old, Jordan : : Chandler, made similar accusations in a case that was eventually settled : : before trial – but not before the damage had been done to Jackson’s : : reputation. : (請包容我無法逐字翻譯,今天好累) : Gavin案中,雖然歷史已對此案定論,但Mike已經無法挽救地被打碎了。 : 這不是Mike第一次被控告對年輕男孩有不恰當的舉動(指Jordan案)。 : 雖然在審判前此案已宣告結束,但對Mike的名聲已無可救藥地被破壞了。 補上逐句翻譯: 當CNN重大新聞跑馬燈閃過陪審團對Michael Jackson被控猥褻13歲兒童Gavin Arvizo一案做出審判的消息,我明白那已成歷史,但Michael Jackson已然受 傷。同樣不能挽回的是,這並不是他頭一遭被控騷擾男童。十年多前,另一位 13歲兒童Jordan Chandler也同樣告上法庭,最後也是審判前和解(settled before trial),然而卻已讓Michael Jackson名譽受損了。 : : Michael had not helped his case. Appearing in a documentary with British : : broadcaster Martin Bashir, he not only admitted that he liked to share a bed : : with teenagers, mainly boys, in pyjamas, but showed no sign of understanding : : why anyone might be legitimately concerned. : Mike並沒有為自己的案子幫上太多忙。在一個英國廣播人的紀錄中顯示,Mike : 不但承認他喜歡穿著睡衣和青少年共分享一張床,並且沒有認何跡象顯示他瞭 : 解為什麼有人對這樣的事會有法律上的顧慮。 : (OS: Mike你真是好天真喔.....) : : I had started my investigation convinced that Jackson was guilty. By the end, : : I no longer believed that. : 一開始我著手調查時認為Mike是有罪的,但最後我再也不這麼相信了。 : (待續.....) -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.116.216.202

06/29 00:53, , 1F
太感謝你啦!!彼得潘那段其實我看不太懂他的比喻!:P
06/29 00:53, 1F

06/29 01:02, , 2F
彼得潘永遠不會長大
06/29 01:02, 2F

06/29 01:13, , 3F
而且因為麥可家就是叫Neverland 所以他故意來比喻吧
06/29 01:13, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1AHvmeee (KingofPop)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1AHvmeee (KingofPop)