[專訪] Heart and soul

看板KhalilFong作者 (rururuby)時間15年前 (2009/03/02 23:14), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
(香港)[SCMP Young Post] 2009-3-1 scan圖勿轉載 http://rubyurl.com/jwh4 http://rubyurl.com/tqqc 封面照:http://rubyurl.com/fXrg Khalil Fong leaves Sunny Tse wondering about the true meaning of romance, and what precisely love has got to do with it For many years, there wasn't much soul in the local music scene. And then Khalil Fong Da-tong came along and blew us all away with his fresh, soulful music. The self-dubbed Soulboy has released four critically acclaimed records in four years, quickly becoming one of the hottest singers in town. And he doesn't even sing in Cantonese. "Cantonese is my third language, after English and Mandarin," says the 25-year- old Hawaiian-born Chinese. " I don't feel comfortable singing in a language I'm not good at. And it doesn't gel well with my [jazz and soul] music style anyway." While thousands of fans look forward to his first Cantonese song, the soulster makes it clear that he finds the challenge pointless." I don't have this weird goal to make a breakthrough in my music," Fong says. " Each album is a unique growing process. The experience I have, the message and feelings I want to deliver are different in each song. I just focus on making music I'm good at with the most natural expression." That probably means more romantic love songs, like those in his latest album Orange Moon which have effortlessly conquered so many girls' hearts. But the skinny musician in his signature thick-framed glasses, checkered windbreaker and trainers, leaning back comfortably on his chair, looks more laid-back than your average Casanova. And if you've seen his funny short series Soulboy the Kung Fu Master online, you can't help but wonder whether the avid martial arts fan only happens to be good at writing romantic songs or whether he's a genuine romantic. "I'm sentimental and rational at the same time. If you think I am romantic, then I am," says the singer-songwriter, enigmatically.If that doesn't answer the question for you, Fong recommends reading the Orange Moon sleeve, as "it may shed some light". It turns out he finds whispers, slow dancing and, inexplicably, umbrellas romantic. Love, to the artist, is a form of art. Besides the law of attractions, it's also something that takes nurturing, respect and appreciation. "To get a good result, you have to learn to treat your lover right," Fong says. But it's not all about romance. Fong believes we should all learn to love and appreciate music. While he understands why people always want to sing along, Fong believes in order to build a substantial music industry, we have to learn to admire the gifts musicians possess. "There are songs that you just listen to and are blown away by the great singing, mixing or arrangement," he says, adding we should all "appreciate all the time [musicians] spend on mastering the techniques that make you say: 'I'd want to play like that'." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 219.79.238.167

03/02 23:50, , 1F
謝ru分享~~
03/02 23:50, 1F

03/02 23:52, , 2F
謝謝ru 英文要慢慢閱讀 囧
03/02 23:52, 2F

03/03 10:58, , 3F
看完了!謝謝嚕比!! 果然大同世界都有相通
03/03 10:58, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #19g_VA6N (KhalilFong)
文章代碼(AID): #19g_VA6N (KhalilFong)