[情報] Semi賽後訪問

看板Federer作者 (布阿送)時間15年前 (2009/06/06 06:51), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
吼吼,邊看比賽害我晚餐都吃不下去,好險把拔贏了 既然沒有時差,我就來po一下賽後interview文好了 btw. 明天早上我自己我也要比羽球耶,加油加油XD --------------------------------------------------- THE MODERATOR: Questions in English, please. Q. How tense was it? ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, it was a tough match, no doubt. I thought he came out of the blocks reallystrong with his serve and the way he was setting up his shots, especially withhis forehand, which can, you know, miss sometimes. It wasn't the casetoday, so it was quite a bit of pressure. I also thought he had the upper hand from the baseline. He was serving better, so he obviouslydeserved the lead. It was important for me to stay with himthrough the second set and save myself into the breaker, because I wasn'tgetting many break opportunities. Thankgod my serve started to get better as the match went on.I think once I got that second set,you know, I knew I was always going to be in a shot. The longer the match went, I was alwaysconfident with my, you know, with my physical abilities and my mental abilitiesthat I was going to be able to turn it around in a tough situation. So I'm very happy to have made it,once again. Q. Twothings: In years past you've kind of disdained the dropshot. Today it playedvery well for you. You maybe hit 20, 25winners off that side. In the final twosets, it seemed in the more athletic, physical points that it played in your favorite, also. ROGER FEDERER: Well, I thought the conditions definitely slowed down midway through the fourth set or so when the clouds came in, the cooler weather came in. I also think that might have helped me, you know, as well as getting more into his service games and into his rallies. I knew if I were able to break him that things could definitely fall my way, and that's exactly whathappened. I think I definitely started to play a bit better. I was able to play more consistent and also mix it up well. Then always, again, use the dropshot. It's definitely been an important shot for me this tournament so far. Q. You had a huge match in the second round against Acasuso and another one againstHaas and another one today. Is it even greater satisfaction for you to be in the French final this time given the hardships you've had to endure along the way? ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, absolutely. It feels great coming through tough matches like this, you know. It's more emotional. It's more satisfaction, even though I'm...I love matches when I can really dominate an opponent. But this is also agreat feeling of coming through this way, you know, not the easy way, showing different qualities. It's not always something I've actually had a chance to show, because matches were over too quickly sometimes. It's good for me, somy career hopefully is going to be longer because of those matches, in the long run. I still feel fine, you know. Going to rest up tomorrow, practice a little bit, and get ready for the tough final. Q. Thefact is, picking up on that, almost all your matches, apart from Monfils, you have played better and better the longer the match has gone on. Is that experience? Is that finding it more difficult to get intoa rhythm early? It's happened about fivetimes now. ROGER FEDERER: Yeah. Look, I don't know. I think I've definitely had a tough draw. Looking back, I've played against quality players who play well on clay. It's maybe their best surface. They always got out of the blocks pretty good, you know, which made it hard for me. Against Monfils it wasobviously key to win that first set, so it was again today. It's in every match the same thing, but it's important that, you know, I can react now. There was a time when I was losing quite a bit of three set matches. You know, obviously they're not physical or anything, but for some reason I wasn't able to come back in those. Here we are in the best of five set scenario. Maybe I'm just more relaxed knowing that, you know, as time goes by I'm only going to get stronger, and the hard work is paying off. It's nice, because I practice for hours and hours and hours and I don't get tired, you know. So then to be able to show it also on a matchcourt in a big opportunity like this, it's fantastic. Q. Your last hit make you win the match and you go to the final on Sunday. Your last hit hit my camera really hardly. ROGER FEDERER: I hit what? Q. My camera. I was taking photo of you. I was in the hole behind the baseline. ROGER FEDERER: I hope you're okay (laughter.) Risky job. Q. On Sunday you will play with Soderling, so your opponent is not Rafa Nadal anymore. What do you feel about the match on Sunday? Will that be much easier for you, or what do you think? ROGER FEDERER: Um, look, there's no easy Grand Slam finals. It's very simple, because the one who is on the other side of the net has also won six matches and is definitely in the shape of his life. I cannot obviously underestimate Robin, even though I've beaten him I think in the five matcheswe've played against each other. But obviously it's nice to see someone else for a change in the French Open finals. I've been there before. I don't know if it's an advantage or not,because I've never been able to win. I'm sure, you know, pressure is big for both players, you know. Not only for me, butalso for him. It's his first big step in a Grand Slam. I'm sure we're going toplay some good tennis, because I thought he played we will really well today against González. Q. How dangerous is Soderling? In what way is he dangerous for you? ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean, he was pretty famous for being dangerous on indoor court, you know, just because he had a big serve. He has big shots off both sides, forehand and backhand. I always knew also he had capabilities on clay, you know. But maybe because he was so dangerous on indoors you never really give him maybe the respect on a slower courts. But he's beaten such quality players here during his last couple of weeks that you've got to give him credit for coming through those. They were not easy matches, especially mentally for him, and also physically. The way he came through today was impressive after being down a set and being able to just to turn around like this. He is definitely...he's playing the tennis of his life. I'm sure it's going to be a hard final, but I'm ready for the challenge. Q. You talked to us in Rome before that tournament started about the physical work that you've been doing. You're a little bit secretive,but you said you had been doing a little bit of physical work. Could you just perhaps give us an impression of what you were doing there and how important that has been in this clay court run? ROGER FEDERER: Well, I mean I've always been working hard. It's not like it's the first time in my life I've started to work hard. People sometimes overreact But at the same time, it's also I think important to let the people know what you are actually doing, you know, when you're not at a tournament, you know. I work extremely hard when I'm away from the tournaments. When I'm at the tournament I pace myself, because most importantly is that I'm rested in those events. That's you when you se me warmup. I'm more laid back because I've already put in the hard work once I get there. It was a lot of getting used to the sliding,the longer rallies, the four- hours-in-a-row practice sessions. Those kind of things. Just getting...serving for a long time,running around for a long time and just making it really a match situation in a five setter of a French Open. That's what I'm trying to do, and it's nice obviously that's been able to pay off. It's been a good clay court preparation I've had, and I thought I should play well in Rome already. Unfortunately I didn't beat Djokovic in the semis, which I think I should have. But ever since, I haven't been looking back at the defeats. Also I'm very confident right now. Q. When you get into a five setter against Del Potro who has been firing the ball well,very promising, doesn't have the experience, do you go out in the fifth say,Show me what you got; I've been here; let me see what you have? ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I definitely feel more confident against a younger player. I rememberwhen I was younger going to a fifth set is always a bit uneasy, you know, just because you haven't been there that much. You're hoping so much to play well, and I think in a fifth set there'snot, how you say... you can't just start hitting crazy shots. There is much more mental and physical things that come into a match like this. Obviously at this age I do feel better going into a fifth set than I did before. Q. You have a good relationship with Laver. I wonder in you've talked to him lately before the tournament? ROGER FEDERER: Rod Laver? Q. Yeah. ROGER FEDERER: Don't have his phone number. I didn't see him here, but, I mean, we get along well when we see each other. It is so rare, and it's usually once a year. I just guess it's common sense that, you know, when you've been at the top of the game, for him and for me, that you relate and you like each other. I'm very respectful towards the older generation, you know, everything that they were able to achieve. You know, when people reach a status like he did, you know, who get massive stadiums named after him and the respect that he gets from his other players. You only hear good things about him. A legend like he is, it's understood that I have the biggest respect for him. Q. He admires you greatly. I talked to him the other day. ROGER FEDERER: That's nice. Well, you have a connection. That's nice. I wish I had it. THE MODERATOR: French questions, please. Q. Is it one of the most moving and difficult semis that you've ever played? ROGER FEDERER: Well, yes. I can't remember a five set match that I've played that was so moving. Well, maybe. I've played several five set matches. You know, Safin was one of those, but this one I won. So it's important to me to stay calm, yet it's all about emotions that tend to overwhelm you. It's this feeling, this incredible feeling to win this match. You know, I was down one set and then down two sets to one. It's incredible to get into the match andthen end this way. Even though I was sad for him, because, you know, he's a young player. You always think that there aren't that many opportunities, that many chances for younger players, you know. So I was a bit sad for him when I won. I respect him awfully because he made considerable progress, and I'm certain he's going to be a great player in the future. Q. What about the support of the French crowd? Do you feel something special this year? I have the impression that everybody is for you. ROGER FEDERER: Yes, of course. They were really great with me, and they probably waited for this moment. They wanted me to do something magical. It took me acertain while before I did it. It was probably due to Del Potro's game. It wasan incredible match, I can tell you. I had to wait long before I could do this, because when I needed the support of the French crowd they were here with me supporting me. AsI said before, the crowd was very emotional. Q. Several days ago you talked about 2006 and 2007 when you were totally controlling the game. You were dominating the game. This time I had the impression it's a fight for you. Have you learned something from this match? ROGER FEDERER: Well, yes. As I said in 2006 or 2007 when I had to play five-set-matches I said, I can't remember when the last or latest five-set match was. You know, when you go from practicing to matches, it's difficult to know where you stand. I always knew I would be strong physically and mentally, as well. But, you know it's a test. A five-set match is a test. When there are tough moments, quarter finals, semifinals, finals, when it's a five-set match,that's when you can find the answers you need to find. So I've never really tried to play a five- setmatch on purpose to know where I would stand. But today with experience, I'm older, I've got more information I know what I can do physically and mentally. So it's simpler for me today than in the past, even though of course it is a fight. I like it, because there were moments when I thought it was quite easy. Q. Now,you've said you know where you stand today. So is this more reassuring? ROGER FEDERER: Yes, of course. You know, to end a match or rather to end this, you know... when you are playing a Grand Slam match, what happened before no longer counts. It's the feelings that count. When you reach the final, all questions have been answered. You know where you stand. There are no pending issues. I know that physically I have zero problems on Sunday, and this is what counts. This is what's going to reassure me I feel good. Q. Soderling is totally fit here today in Roland Garros. Is that something that would worry you herefor the finals? Soderling is reallytraining and practicing. He's fit. Is this something that's bothers you? ROGER FEDERER: No, I totally respect what he's done sofar. What he's done is that he's played great matches. I watched some of those,you know, the big matches he played. Well, of course, it is a surprise. You know, it's not just a quick win and then you reach the finals in a Grand Slam. It's an incredible tournament he's had so far. But it's still open for both of us. It's not ended yet. So I'm really happy for him, because he's managed to come through, to stand out. So I hope I'm going to stop him now. Q. Now,today you've played against a very big server, and what about this? What about the break points? ROGER FEDERER: Well, I had two break points at the beginning of the match. I thought that's a good start, and then no more break points during two sets. Usually it happens on grass or hardcourts,but on clay this was a bit frustrating. So that's true. I've gone through difficult moments today,but I had to remain calm because I knew the public was waiting for a turnaround, a moment for me. But I couldn't do it, because as I said before, you know, Juan Martin was playing really well. Q. It was 3-All in the fifth set, and then he didn't serve very well. He couldn't serve his first balls. Do you think that physically something went wrong with him, or mentally? ROGER FEDERER: Well, this might happen, you see. You can't practice on this. Well, of course it is surprising. I think he couldn't play eight first serves during this game. Well, maybe I could have broken. It wouldn't have been eight points but four points. But anyway, it is surprising; that's true. But this might happen. The conditions were slower. Perhaps he felt pressure. Perhaps he was tired. These things happen. I don't think he should worry about this. Q. Will you not miss Rafa Nadal on Sunday? ROGER FEDERER: No, not really. Not really. Maybe for you you're going to miss him, but not me. Q. Well, this was like a meeting, a special appointment. It had been the case for three years. ROGER FEDERER: Four years. Four years. But I've played against him 20 times, so it's always nice to play against somebody else. You know, I'll still play against Nadal several times in the future, so that's okay. I'm happy to play against someone else. Q. You've said that Sunday's match is going to be very open, but could we say that you are the favorite for the finals? ROGER FEDERER: Well, it's up to you. Well, yes, it's up to you. I've never lost... I was never defeatedby him, and I was there during other Roland Garros finals but I never won. Well, yes, of course I think that clearly I'm the favorite, but this doesn't mean much. You know, such a final with pressure on both sides, you see. He doesn't know what a Grand Slam final is, but I know, and I've played so many times that this couldbe good for us. But also, you see, he's got nothing to lose. This is a very open match. Q. During the tournament, there were very tough moments. You've played against Monfils, against others. Do you have the impression that this year is your year? There are signs out there. Don't you think so? ROGER FEDERER: Well, ask me the same question again Sunday evening, because for the time being...well, yes, it's okay for me. I've gone through very hard moments during the tournament. I've overcome them, yet there is a leap forward to consider. I was very happy toplay all these matches on the central court this year. This is something which is not really usual or normal. But, you know, it's also due to the opponents I was playing against. I was playing on central court. So this is good for me, because I could practice. I was prepared for each match. I knew that this was the central court I was playing on. This is something I liked, I enjoyed, and I hope I'll play a good match on Sunday. But as I said before, please ask me the same question Sunday evening. Q. Sunday you can go down in the books if you win the only title that you've not yet wonfor a Grand Slam. You can go down in therecord books. What do you feel about this? Is it fear? Is it that you're excited? ROGER FEDERER: Well, not fear. Excited, yes, of course I'm excited, because I know that these moments will not happen every single day. Yet I'm quite relaxed. I've played so many finals, you see, GrandSlam finals, major tournaments, major finals. I've seen that several times already, so I'm not going to get too excited over this. You know, I'm not goingto say, Okay, if I don't win this year I'm never going to win. You know, I've always done my best here at Roland Garros. I have all my chances in the future, as well. So what I'll tryand do is focus on the match. I'll do my best, play my best tennis on clay, and I hope that I can win the cup. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 78.52.162.0
文章代碼(AID): #1AAQ5SZV (Federer)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1AAQ5SZV (Federer)