Labeling SATA ports

看板FB_questions作者時間10年前 (2014/04/02 02:01), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/4 (看更多)
Hello, I use a server with several HDDs in one enclosure. I use ZFS which identifies the disks via UUID, so the system knows which HDDs are in the slots, eventhough the naming (ada0...) might change. I added the HDDs one after another to map the the slots to the 'scbus', 'target' and 'lun', shown via camcontrol. Now I would like to label the slots (not the partitions or drives, because this is done by ZFS) to a name like (slot0...slot7) to put a sticker on the enclosure to be easily able to change a HDD with a failure and do not have to guess in which slot the HDD is located. Of course i could write the scbus, target and lun number on the slots, but is there an easier way to map these numbers (the physical SATA port) to a name, for example by using camcontrol or anything else? I imaging changing a drive like this: zpool tells me a drive has a defect, do 'zpool detach tank slot5', go to the server room and put a new drive in slot with number 5 printed on it, do 'zpool attach tank slot5', be happy. Cheers, Tobias _______________________________________________ freebsd-questions@freebsd.org mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-questions-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
文章代碼(AID): #1JElxWRl (FB_questions)
文章代碼(AID): #1JElxWRl (FB_questions)