Re: [Mind] should i be my own boss?

看板EngTalk作者 (Alex)時間12年前 (2012/05/15 16:47), 編輯推噓4(401)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)
"I might just be afraid of failure" That's the issue I find in a lot of Asians. Because of this fear, a lot of Asians aren't willing to try new things. Innovation doesn't happen because people want to "play safe." Guys are scared to be turned down by girls and therefore stay at home and play video games. Asian's shyness becomes a laughing stock for Westerners. *You fail at 100% of the things you don't try*, so the more afraid you are about failure, the more you fail. Using myself as an example, I was an under- classman of Mark Zuckerberg and studied CS at Harvard. When I was in my senior year in college, I tried to figure out what to do with my life. I interned at HTC in Taoyuan once and I knew I don't want to be an Engineer and code everyday, so although all my friends applied and got accepted at Facebook, Microsoft, and Google, I decided to pursue my passion -- education. While in school, I took a risk and started my own business in education. I now work fewer hours than my engineering friends, making more money than all of them, and I CAN'T IMAGINE MYSELF BEING HAPPIER. You are blessed to have a team behind you. You're ahead of a lot of people alread and I'm pretty sure this head start you have will give you a high chance to succeed. Imagine all the cool things that comes with a successful start-up: in the beginning, you *may* not make more than you are right now with your current job, but there's potential in growth. You don't need to listen to your boss anymore and you can be your own boss. More importantly, I'm pretty sure it gives you a sense of pride when you tell your kids one day "Your dad started this successful business!" In the worst case scenario, even if you do fail, you know that you've at least tried, but more importantly you now have the experience of starting your own business, so if you decide to start a business again in the future, you can do better. Sorry for the long post, but my advice to you is definitely pursue your dream and give it a try. If you do go for it, let me know how well it goes. I'm also happy to share more personal experience as someone who has been in your shoes in the past! :) -Alex ※ 引述《aiwiz (wizzz)》之銘言: : im feeling sick and tired of my current job... : thinking that i need somethin new to freshen up on my daily : i want to be my own boss!! i've actually got a team behind me, : but still think too much and i might be just afraid of failure.. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 182.234.99.13

05/15 21:57, , 1F
replying aiwiz LIKE A BOSS
05/15 21:57, 1F

05/15 22:48, , 2F
05/15 22:48, 2F

05/17 17:51, , 3F
a big thank you for your warm advice :)
05/17 17:51, 3F

05/19 00:10, , 4F
thanks for your experience, it cheers me up :) thx~
05/19 00:10, 4F

05/22 22:51, , 5F