Re: [Talk] hard day

看板EngTalk作者 (飛行在宇宙中的航海者號)時間15年前 (2009/06/10 13:56), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)
※ 引述《lyr559 (the one)》之銘言: : ※ 引述《oesh (小吉無上濕(靈媒路線))》之銘言: : : Today I passed a hard day. : : Because I have some conflict with professor. : : That is begining for a mail what I send for him. : : The title of mail is "work reports for week". : : But I don't want to writ the reports. : : I feel so many rule in the lab. : : I am not a maid of honor. : : Why so much rule to constaint me? : : So I write a imprudent report and send professor. : : Than I get his mail. : : He is angry. Let me white again and give more work. : : I am so tired. : : In the lab, my classmate their work less than me, : : so they can do their research and graduate next month. : : But I still work for professor with so much work and rule. : : I quit. : : I just want to found the life what i wanta,and just do it. : : So I will write a mail for peofessor : : tell him that I don't want to like this life so I want to leave. : : Give me the power to face difficulties that will be. I believe you are not lazy to your work, just feel tired. I was a MS. D. student and graduated in last June, after three years of study. During that time, I was not only need to take care on my study, but also need to handle lots of samples sent to our lab. To my professor, he though those samples were all chances to find something new and make some publishes. To me, they took me lots of time, force me to find more time to handle them. Acturally I don't blame to my profressor for the main reason of why would I spent three years on my MS. D., I believe he gave me a lot of chances to try error. Although he could already known that taking those samples to seriors in the lab could be more efficient that gave them to me who could waste them, he still gave them to me. Of course, many people though I was naive. They though I was just a low-paid labor who was tied out by a graduate licence. But I known that I was forced to do one more year on my research, mostly should be blamed on myself for haven't reach the goal. During that one more year, I was still doing the same things- doing my research and handle other samples sent to our lab. Luckily, I finally find something new on those samples and made a small publish on an international journal, and I also finished my thesis. So what's above is my little story. I don't know the true situation of your work and the relation to your profressor, so I write my experience for you as a reference. About the rule, once a foreign Ph. D. student in our lab made some fake data on his research, my profressor was so angry that he do a memo which listed lots of rules for our lab and ask all of us to sign it. I think you should find out "what" and "why" that your profressor will give you more jobs than others. Was your ability unable to handle your work smoothly, so your profressor gave you more chances to try? Or he just called you to help him take care his child, using you as a low-paid labor? (Don't laugh, many cases can be found on graduate board) So, you can tell more detail on your situation, let others could provide better suggestions to you. : Choose what you love, and love what you choose. : Since you made the choice of being a graduate studenat and chose the professor : to be your mentor, why don't you just finish your goal which is to get your : study and work done? Acturally, it is just one of many things in profressor's mind that what should you done, but could be the only thing in a graduate student's mind.... : Otherwise, you might think of the following problemse before you make any : decisions. Are there any requirements of your professor unreasonable and : untolerable? Will the situation be better if you change the mentor? The last question is vital to graduate students, just because all profressors in the same department are colleges. A student who has bad relation to his profressor, could have no way to go in the same department, because a profressor who accept you will have to face your previous boss EVERYDAY!! And which is also possible to you!! : Anyway, try hard to figure out what you really want and make it. Good luck. Sorry to make a such long reply, thanks for your patient. Anything you don't know what I'm talking about could sent a latter to ask me. Also welcome to people who find errors on this article. Thank you, and good luck!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.112.154.125
文章代碼(AID): #1ABqiJ6v (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #1ABqiJ6v (EngTalk)