Re: [Talk] rookie

看板EngTalk作者 (Packer)時間15年前 (2008/09/02 19:53), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串6/6 (看更多)
※ 引述《qmouwu (jeff)》之銘言: : I happen to disagree with the suggestion. : Well, I guess there are two different situations to consider. : If it's conversational english, keep it casual. There's no need to try to : use tons of different vocabulary. You'll only sound like you're trying to be : smart. : If it's written english then yes, I think it's ok to try to use different : words in order to avoid being repetitive. I don't think it necessarily has to : be vocabulary, but just different ways to express what you're trying to say. : that's my two cents' worth. : ※ 引述《chrislo (A7806491)》之銘言: : : especially in comedy movie. : : Today, I would like to talk about my favorite hobby: watching movies, : : especially comedies! : : I always would recommand to everyone if interested; "Blades of Glory", : : "Old School" and "Semi Pro". : : When it comes to my favorite movies and stars, I strongly recommend : : Will Ferrel and his three movies: "Blades of Glory", "Old School', and : : "Semi Pro". : : ** Suggestion: Try to use different vacabulary as much as you know. It is just a suggestion. Anyhow, even during the conversation, I think that you should try to use different words in order to practice English. Using different vocabulary would not make you look smart... well, at least not in US. Using different words could express your points better & make people remember it more. Although using it might be hard to starter to use tons of different words at beginning, it is worth a try. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 24.136.68.66
文章代碼(AID): #18lIbAc6 (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #18lIbAc6 (EngTalk)