[Talk] How fabulous it is to have a talk wi …

看板EngTalk作者 (我愛ptt)時間16年前 (2008/04/26 05:18), 編輯推噓1(102)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
This evening , I took the bus 656 , and then I noticed an American , which accouted for the reason for I have myself seated right behind him . I know it sounds a little crazy , but I'm really anxious to seize opportunities to brush up on my English . Afterwards , I tried hard to listen what he was talking about to the woman seated beside him . Nevertheless , I haven't the slightest idea what's their topic . Right then , I plucked up my courage to ask the chinese woman some questions with the intention in mind to start up a coversation with that American .At first , it's obvious that that chinese woman seemed unwilling to let me get in their talk . In spite of that , my passion to have a talk with that American was really apparant , and the woman let me ask that gentleman some questions . The first qestion is : I wonder whether you'll feel ill at ease here when you're alone . But I saw a confused look on that man's face , and I used other words : I want to know if you feel comfortable here when nobody's with you . This time , he got the picture . Still , his response is very like that of the chinese woman . He just said "no". It made me sort of sad how he reacted to my questions ."Maybe I'm a really unexpected interrupter." I thought . Then . I asked that woman whether he understands chinese first . It is when that woman gave a negative answer that I said he appears to be by far the least passionate Amerian I've ever met in chinese , which I thought very stupid as well as embarrassing . Why do I think so ? That's becouse it's right then when he turned around and started to appear enthusiastic about the questions I had raised . The short talk with him gave me a sense that my effort in English is worthwhile . I don't mean that I'm a fluent English speaker but that I dare to speak English in public . That counts . Yet , I am very doubtful if I have a grammatical problem . Why can't I make myself understood when I asked him whether he feels ill at ease in being alone ? Is it grammtically incorrect or is it a confusing expression ? Hope someone can take a look at that and say something about that . -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.165.4.114 ※ 編輯: emulate 來自: 118.165.4.114 (04/26 05:20) ※ 編輯: emulate 來自: 118.165.4.114 (04/26 05:20)

04/26 07:33, , 1F
Imagine some stranger came to you and ask "你一人睡覺
04/26 07:33, 1F

04/26 07:34, , 2F
寂寞嗎?"
04/26 07:34, 2F

05/03 12:35, , 3F
↑I can't agree it more
05/03 12:35, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #184agWyQ (EngTalk)
文章代碼(AID): #184agWyQ (EngTalk)