[請益] 請我幫看一下PS

看板Eng-Class作者 (羿狗)時間12年前 (2011/12/04 22:09), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/3 (看更多)
Not until I was in year 11th did I hear about Hong Kong University from my mom. By the time, I was only a high school student looking forward to entering National Taiwan University, but all was different. The more information about HKU I received, the stronger my determination to enter the university was established. The culture HKU keeps is exactly the one I’m dreaming of. And the most important and decisive reason is that: “I want to go out.” I want to stay away from my comfort zone, Taiwan. Meeting new people, adjusting to a new environment and facing any difficulties I’ve never coped with before have never been an obstacle to my pursuing of dreams. And that’s my philosophy, that’s who I am. Being a student in the top high school in Taiwan, I was not actually born in Taipei. When I was in junior high school, my father kept telling me about the advantages I could get if I attend Jiaguo High School such as resources and competitiveness. Therefore, I set up my mind. Three years ago, I walked into the school. Three years later, I can’t believe I’m leaving. What I’ve learned were beyond my expectations: dependence, cooperation and leadership. Clubs are the most important part for a high school student in Taipei. They are not only a place to relax from whole day schooling, but a place to learn. Faced with the variety of clubs in CK (what we really call our school), I chose Biology Club eventually. In the second year, I became the microbiology and immunology teacher and the executive of activities planning. Winter camp is the most important activity in the club, we hosted a six-day camp for the freshman, and I was elected as the director. Being the director meant entire responsibility, and you were not the only one who was working on it. Cooperation and communication are the indispensable abilities for not only the members but the very leader. And I always told everyone to “argue”, because only through argue can one learn others opinions and then blend them with his together. When “argue” developed into “fight”, that’s the time my work should be done. Though filled with difficulties, the winter camp ended up successful. Take a bow, my job was done. In the last year, I was selected as the biology school team through a series of tests. Later I won the second place of the “Taipei High School Science and Information Ability Contest”, and about to join the “Taiwan High School Science and Information Ability Contest” in January, 2012. Through all the training and contests, I developed a further ability in conducting biology experiments and a way of “thinking deeper”. As a foreign student, I left my home in Taoyuan and shared a dormitory with my club mate in the second year. From then on, I had to take care of all kinds of house chores like doing the laundry, cleaning the room, and even taking out the trash. However, I figured out that when no one is near, you are really on your own. Despite club activities and school team training, I still managed to keep my grades in the first three places in the class, and that was why my parents never worried about my school work. As for the curriculums I choose are Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Bachelor of Business Administration. I know I chose the completely different two curriculums. I chose Medicine because of my interest in Biology. I chose Business because I believe in my leadership. I don’t care whether I am becoming a doctor or a company’s CEO in the future. No one knows what my life will look in the future, nor do I. However, there is one thing I’m completely sure: HKU is the best university I want to enter, and I think I am meant to be there. 第一次寫personal statment,請各位幫我盡量批評,這是要申請香港大學的,與美國大學的Essay不同,比較像是台灣的自我介紹。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.43.41.172
文章代碼(AID): #1EstyX8F (Eng-Class)
文章代碼(AID): #1EstyX8F (Eng-Class)