Re: [外電] Snell的細部分析

看板ChicagoBulls作者 (阿光)時間10年前 (2013/07/28 21:22), 編輯推噓9(904)
留言13則, 8人參與, 最新討論串2/3 (看更多)
Bulls first-round draft pick Tony Snell experienced mixed results in the team’s summer-league action in Las Vegas, posting averages of 11.8 points and 6.6 rebounds in five games. 在這次的夏季聯盟中都,公牛隊以第一輪的選秀中選了Tony Snell的原因都表現出來了, 過去5場比賽的成績為:場均11.8分6.6籃板。 Beyond the numbers, the 6-foot-7 swingman displayed flashes of his potential, proving to be a smooth ballhandler and capable playmaker for his size, active and versatile on defense, possessing a high basketball I.Q. and although his shots didn’t fall consistently, an effortless stroke from long range and off the dribble. Like most NBA novices, he also struggled with the speed and physical nature of the professional game, particularly the latter— his biggest weakness, literally, is his lack of strength—and while the organization has high long-terms expectations for his development, a debut season watching the squad’s veteran wing corps and playing spot minutes wouldn’t be surprising, as is typical for rookies under Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau. 在這些成績底下,Snell 6呎7搖擺人的身材展現了他的潛能,證明了自己的能力,積 極且聰明的防守,顯示了他極高的籃球智商,僅管他的命中率起伏不定,但在場上看的出 來仍顯的迎刃有餘。 但就像大部分的NBA新人一樣,在職業等級的速度和身體強度上仍適應不良,特別是 他最大的弱點:身體強度。雖然對它未來的發展有所期待,但這次的表現並不特別令人感 到驚訝,特別是看在公牛隊教練Tom Thibodeau眼中。 But no matter how the first year of his NBA career unfolds, the journey the New Mexico product embarked upon to arrive in Chicago is somewhat remarkable, though considering the Bulls’ history of drafting first-round sleepers, it should be expected. 但不論他的NBA生涯是怎麼展開的,這段旅程對這位來自新墨西哥州大的球員而言是相當 了不起的,而且以公牛隊第一輪選秀的眼光,未來發展是可預期的。 Similar to Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler, Snell is a bit of a late bloomer when compared to the normal trajectory of most NBA prospects. Although he’s from a big metropolitan area known as a hotbed for basketball, Snell wasn’t the typical highly-touted prep prospect and even after a solid three-year college career for a successful program, he didn’t immediately jump out to many observers as a definite first-round selection. But his package as both a player and a person—diligent, coachable and focused—is exactly what the Bulls prize most. 如同Taj Gibson和Jimmy Butler,Snell算是個需長時間培養的潛力股。僅管他來自於 以籃球盛名的大城市,並經過扎實的3年大學生涯,但許多球評仍認為在第一輪選Snell並 不是個好選擇。可是他的條件:勤奮、受教和專注,這是公牛隊最需要的。 The oldest of four siblings, Snell moved around frequently in the vicinity of Los Angeles, eventually settling in what's known as the Inland Empire region, where he transferred from Moreno Valley High School to King High School in Riverside, Calif., teaming up with current San Antonio Spurs small forward Kawhi Leonard to form a duo that beat nationally-ranked powerhouse Mater Dei en route to win the 2009 California state championship. Snell在四個兄弟姐妹中排行老大,一家人時常在洛杉磯地區遷移,當它從Moreno Valley高中轉學到King高中時,與現在馬刺隊小前鋒Kawhi Leonard同隊並在2009年時拿 下加州冠軍。 Not a high-profile name due to not having played on the AAU circuit— partly because he was occupied by babysitting his younger siblings when his single mother was working—Snell played sidekick to Leonard for King, but still wasn’t regarded as a household name on the area’s hoops scene. 因為不是個有名的人,所以也沒能機會在當時AAU露臉,部份原因也是因為在單親媽媽工 作時他必須花時間照顧家中的其他弟妹,且Snell在King高中也只是陪襯Leonard的球員, 並不是當地家喻戶曉的籃球明星。 (AAU:Amateur Athletic Union,,業餘體育聯盟,是美國最大的非營利運動組織之一) “I knew of him before the summer of his junior year. The thing that stuck out to me—he wasn’t as tall as he is now—but the same type of dimensions: long arms, broad shoulders, and big hands, quick laterally, smooth. He wasn’t a great offensive player by any stretch of the imagination, but he had those same types of physical dimensions and athletic gifts,” recalled Frank Burlison, a long-time, highly-regarded Southern California basketball writer. “When he was in high school because he was so gangly and he was kind of unassuming, Kawhi was such a forceful—not so much personality because he’s quiet, too—but just forceful in the way he plays that Snell had to play off him. So he would spot up in the corners and Kawhi would kick it to him, and he made plays, like blocking shots and just do little things that showed off his athleticism and his innate ability to run and jump, and he could always catch and shoot it. Then, he went to New Mexico and obviously you just can’t do that, so he kind of evolved.” 「早在更早之前我就已經知道他了,但他當時並沒有那麼高,但風格依舊:長臂、寬 肩和大手,快速的橫移速度,無論怎麼想,他都不是最頂尖的進攻好手,但他卻有著跟那 些人一樣的身體素質」Frank Burlison(一位長期關注南加州籃球的作家)說到。「在高中 時它是位瘦長且謙遜的球員,Kawhi就比較強勢,但不是在個性上,他也一樣很安靜,而是 表現在他們打球上。通常Snell會在底角埋伏,而Kawhi也都會找到他,通常Snell體能勁爆 的表現都在火鍋和其他一些跑、跳的動作中,然後進入新墨西哥州大顯然的就無法做到這 些事,於是某種程度上他進化了。 Not only was Snell a sleeper, he had to shore up his academics in order to become an NCAA qualifier, so he enrolled at Westwind Prep in Phoenix, Ariz., for a post-graduate year, playing with Memphis Grizzlies second-round pick Jamaal Franklin, who starred in college at San Diego State University. But even before that, after his senior year at King, he joined Team eLEAte, founded by former Pepperdine University guard Marvin Lea—the program’s namesake, Lea also coached Leonard, who went on to attend San Diego State, where he played alongside Bulls power forward Malcolm Thomas—to play AAU for the first time in his career. Snell不只是個潛力股,他也必須提升他的成績才能申請大學,因此他最後就讀於預備學 校Westwind,畢業後一年,他和聖地牙哥州大的Jamaal Franklin(後來被灰熊隊於第二輪 挑走)一起打球。但在這之前,他在高二時加入了前Pepperdine大學的後衛Marvin Lea所 成立的”eLEAte”球隊,Lea同時也教Leonard(後來進入聖地牙哥州大),它在那裡與公牛 隊的大前鋒Malcolm Thomas並肩作戰,同時也是第一次在登上AAU的舞台。 I first met Tony his senior year, when he was playing at King with Kawhi Leonard. He was playing center, so we didn’t get a chance to see what he could really do, but you could tell by the way he moved and his natural jump shot and the little bit that he handled the ball, that he had talent and he could do more than what he was showing. Then, when he played with us all spring on our AAU program, Team eLEAte, that was when we put him at point guard,” recounted Clint Parks, another Team eLEAte coach, explaining why Snell was overlooked by both talent evaluators and high-major college coaches. 「我第一次遇到Tony是在他高二時,當時他在King高中和Kawhi Leonard一隊。由於當 時它打的位置是中鋒,所以沒機會看到他真正的實力,但仍然能從他移動能力和它天生的 跳投看出端倪,他真正擁有的比他表現出來的多更多。當他跟我們組隊在AAU比賽,我們讓 他去打控衛」eLEAte另一個教練Clint Parks回憶道,接下來他開始解釋為何各大學校的 教練都看不出Snell本身的潛能。 “He was just so under the radar. He grew a lot. He didn’t play AAU basketball, so that was another thing. That all contributed to it. On the other hand, he was probably misidentified. These experts, they don’t always get it right. Having that eye for talent, the Bulls, their scouting department, they have an eye for that. Not everyone has that. I think it was pretty obvious, but sometimes people can’t project or get to know a kid’s work ethic.” 「他確實成長了很多,但並沒被大家發現。有可能是在於他並沒有跟著AAU打球,因 此他也有可能因此喪失了一些機會。僅管這些專家都沒看到Snell本身的潛能,但公牛的球 探部門卻看到了,我認為這還蠻明顯的,但有時候人們就是無法預測、了解這孩子的潛 能。」 Burlison added: “[Snell’s recruitment at King was] probably just low-major and he had to go improve his academics, so out of sight, out of mind. When that happens, a lot of the programs that recruit high-major players, obviously they didn’t pursue him. So, he wasn’t always the guy that had 20 Internet guys call him every night. He wasn’t a spotlight player, but everybody who knew and understood basketball that watched him knew that he could be a very good player in the right setting. It certainly happened at New Mexico.” Burlison又提到:「Snell之所以會進入King高中,很有可能是因為的他級數不高,同 時他也必須要加強他的成績,許多學校都在追球極數較高的球員,很顯然的這之中並不包 含Snell。所以他並不是眾人的焦點,但所有了解籃球的人都知道如果將他放在正確的位置 ,他將會成為一個非常優秀的球員。」 Snell wasn’t a star immediately in Albuquerque, but he was a contributor as a freshman for Lobos head coach Steve Alford (now at UCLA), averaging 4.4 points in 17.5 minutes per game. He started to show his considerable potential, as a sophomore, breaking into the starting lineup and putting up averages of 10.5 points, 2.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists a contest, while shooting 38.7 percent from three-point range and earning a reputation for his defensive abilities, en route to honorable mention all-Mountain West and all-conference tournament honors for a deep and talented team that won its league and two games in the NCAA Tournament. 在大學時他並沒有一開始就成為先發,大一球員時平均出賽17.5分鐘,場均4.4分。在 大二時成為先發球員,並將數據拉到了場均10.5分、2.7籃板和2.3助攻,三分命中率為 38.7%,同時以防守聞名,球隊也在他們的聯盟中贏得了美名並在NCAA錦標賽中取得了兩 場勝利。 “Both of my AAU coaches [Parks and Lea], they really helped me get here. They taught me you’ve got to play hard, just gave me an opportunity to play my game. Both of them really helped me out a lot,” Snell said. “[Alford] did a lot for me. He taught me a lot about the game, helped me to get my footwork right and learn how to play the game—college ball—and helped me to work hard, and anything I needed to improve on, he helped me improve on it. 「我兩位AAU的教練(Parks和Lea),他們教了我很多,教我正確的腳步,如何解讀大學 的比賽,同時也幫助我訓練,所有我需要加強的地方,他們都盡全力來幫我。」 “Definitely my confidence, being able to talk, being able to walk with my head high—I used to walk with my head low—and that was a little tough transition. But just to walk with my head high, walk with confidence and just be a little more social to people.” 「特別是在我的信心部分,他們教我如何說話,讓我能夠昂首闊步的生活,之前我很 缺乏自信,總是頭低低的生活,雖然這是個有點艱苦的過程。但現在我充滿了自信,且在 社交方面有了進步。」 No longer overshadowed by the likes of star big man Drew Gordon his junior year, though he still shared the spotlight with point guard Kendall Williams and center Alex Kirk, Snell wasn’t a consistently dominant scoring force for a nationally-ranked team, but the subtleties of his game, as well as a breakout performance in the 2013 Mountain West conference tournament, of which he was named MVP. Although the Lobos were upset by Harvard in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, Snell was optimistic enough in the boost to his stature as an NBA prospect that he declared for the draft. 他大一時就不再被它所喜歡的球星- Drew Gordon蓋過去,儘管他仍然與控衛Kendall Williams和中鋒Alex Kirk共享鎂光燈,因此Snell並沒有入選年度第一隊,但最微妙的地 方就在於他傑出的表現為他贏得了MVP。僅管球隊在第一輪時被哈佛意外打敗,Snell仍然 堅決的參加NBA選秀。 “He was pretty good as a sophomore and certainly had a breakthrough junior season, and a monstrous Mountain West tournament. He did a lot of things to show that he was an elite-level prospect. I’m sure the way he played in that tournament probably had a great deal with him deciding to go out and see what he could do NBA-wise,” Burlison said. “It just seemed like you always saw glimpses at New Mexico for two years off and on, but once the Mountain West tournament started, you could tell that he was getting more confident.” 「以大二生來說,它是個相當傑出的球員,而且與大一時比有了突破性的發展。他的 努力說明了他是精英階級的球員。我相信他的傑出表現讓他決定要去挑戰NBA」Burlison說 道,「這就像雖然過去兩年你總是斷斷續續的看到了他傑出的表現,但一次比賽中的的上 場表現,你更能確定他已經準備好了。」 Parks chimed in: “From his senior year to prep school, he turned into a guard, being a leader and running his team. From there, going to New Mexico, he started to become a lockdown defender over the course of his career. At New Mexico, he gained strength in the weight room and really started to work. He probably put on about 20 pounds in three years. He became a much better shooter off of curls and moving without the ball. The things he added to the game in college, credit Coach Alford for that.” Parks宣稱:「在他在預備學校的第二年,開始轉型為後衛,成為了一個球隊的領袖並 帶領球隊。他開始成為一個大鎖。在新墨西哥州大期間,他變的更強壯,三年內可能增加 了20磅。他成為了一個更好的無球跑動的射手。根據他們教練Coach Alford所說,這是他 在大學裡所增加的。 Observers like Parks and Burlison, who have closely monitored Snell’s development over the years, aren’t surprised by his progress and expect similar growth in the future. The swingman’s work ethic and humility as a human being jibe well with the Bulls, whose players are known for their selflessness. From his experiences playing center in high school and point guard at prep school, then finding his niche as a versatile defender and outside marksman in college, in addition to his work ethic and coachable demeanor, it’s to see why the lanky wing, while still clearly in need of further development, is believed to have such a high ceiling. 像Parks和Burlison這兩位緊密看著Snell發展數年的觀察者而言,他的進步一點都不 令人驚訝。這位搖擺人的職業道德與謙遜的態度就像公牛隊球員所著明的。因為他高中打 中鋒和在預備學校打後衛的經驗,讓他在在大學發現了他是個絕佳的防守者/射手。另外因 為他的態度與身材,讓他有了很高的天花板模組。 Bulls general manager Gar Forman’s California ties likely helped the organization zero in on Snell and based on how Thibodeau’s preference for capable defenders and the team’s needs, the wing’s talents are an excellent match, especially considering his potential for both knocking down open shots off penetration from former league MVP Derrick Rose and being able to create off the dribble. 公牛隊GM Gar Forman與加州的關係加上Thibodeau的執教偏好,特別是考慮到Rose切 傳的配合和能夠運球切入的能力,讓Snell成為了絕佳的選擇。 “In Tony’s case, we saw a guy that could be a secondary handler, that could push it out in transition, that could play in pick-and-rolls some,” Forman said at the introductory press conference for Snell and second-round pick Erik Murphy. “Even play some point guard and initiate offense out front.” Snell added that afternoon: “I’ve been watching the Bulls ever since I was a little kid and just to have the opportunity to put a jersey on, that means a whole lot to me. 「Tony的例子中我們看到了他可以成為第二個持球者,這可以讓我們輪轉更快,而且 也能打一切檔拆的配合。」公牛隊GM-Forman在記者會上說道。「而且也可以玩一些發邊線 、底線球的配合」在Snell加入公牛隊的下午他說到「我從小看著公牛隊打球,如今能夠 成為其中的一員,這對我著實意義非凡。」 “I expect to learn from the veterans, just try to pick up on the plays and just try to work as hard as I can, just learn as much as I can,” continued the Scottie Pippen fan, a lofty comparison he’s garnered thus far. “I just bring hard work. If you tell me to do something, I’ll go do it. 「我期待盡我最大的努力,從隊中的老將身上學習」身為一個Scottie Pippen的粉絲 ,僅管相較之下相去甚遠「如果你叫我做任何事,我會盡我最大的努力完成」 “I don’t compare myself to anybody. I just play my game.” 「我不會去跟任何人比較,我就是做我自己。」 Snell spoke to Leonard, who also had the good fortune to be drafted by a contending team—although the Spur had the opportunity to step into San Antonio’s starting lineup as a rookie, something that won’t happen in Chicago with Butler and All-Star Luol Deng at the wing positions—on draft night. Snell 之前的隊友,Leonard,進入了馬刺隊而且有著美好未來,而且在菜鳥球季就有 機會成為先發球員,這是公牛隊絕對不會發生的事(因為著Butler和Luol Deng擋在前面) “[Leonard] congratulated me, and just said, ‘Keep working hard. You never know where it takes you.’” Snell recalled. “It’s a perfect example. He shows whatever you put mind to and you put your work into it, you can be successful.” 「Leonard說恭喜我,而且叫我要不斷的努力,因為你從來不知道機會什麼時候會來 到」Snell回答他:「Leonard就是個絕佳的例子,他的表現說明了如果你全心全意都專注 在籃球中,那你就一定會成功。」 While it’s easy to compare Snell to his former teammate Leonard, who had the opportunity to step right into the Spurs’ starting lineup as a rookie, because of their long wingspans—and similar hairstyles; braids are becoming rarer in the NBA—their games have very basic differences. Although both are defensive-oriented players, Snell is more of a natural long-range shooter and ballhandler, and Leonard possesses a sturdier frame with more interior tendencies on offense. Their most obvious shared trait is that neither is very talkative and wears the same blank facial expression on the floor, regardless of whether they’ve just made a mistake or a big play. 要比較Snell和Leonard是相當容易的,Leonard有機會在菜鳥球季就站上先發是因為他 的長臂展和髮型,尤其是辮子頭在NBA越來越少了。而且他們的比賽方式非常的不同。僅管 都他們都是面對面的防守者,Snell比較偏外,而Leonard則偏內。他們最明顯的特點就是 沉默與撲克臉,不管他們是犯了一個失誤或打了漂亮的一球。 “He’s kind of like Kawhi. Quiet, he doesn’t say a lot, he doesn’t do a lot to bring attention, as far as vocally or demonstratively, other than just kind of playing hard in the games and doing what he has to do. They’re both very, very coachable. I think that’s what sets them apart from a lot of guys that are talented at that age. Some of these guys can fool themselves because of all the attention from travel-team coaches or Internet guys. They kind of lose the perspective of what exactly you have to do to go from just a good high school player and good prospect to being a good college player or possibly an NBA player,” said Burlison, who stressed that he isn’t comparing their individual games or saying Snell will have the same rise in the NBA as Leonard. 「他跟Kawhi是同一型的。都很安靜,他話不多,也不會去吸引別人注意,反而都很專 注在比賽之中。他們都非常、非常的受教。我覺得這就是他們跟同年紀的球員最大不同的 地方,他們不會被外在的事物所分心。」Burlison說道,同時並強調他並不是在比較他們 兩個之間的差異或說Snell將會跟Leonard的際遇會一樣。 “Just like Tony, people said, ‘Well, he shot 30 percent and he’s passive’ —well, being passive and doing what your coach wants you to do because that’ s what’s best for the team, that’s not passive. That’s being a very coachable ballplayer, who understands it’s about winning and doing what it takes to help the team win, not showing off your skills to media or scouts.” 「就像Tony,人們會說“好吧,他命中率有3成而且非常積極”,“好吧,他很積極而 且會依照教練所說的做,只因為那是對球隊是最好的,但這並不是積極。這只是非常聽話 的球員”。事實是:他們了解做什麼是對球隊最好的,而不是只注意媒體會不會注意到他 們的技巧。」 Parks concurred: “Everybody always asks me and one thing I want people to know is that he does not play like Kawhi Leonard or [retired NBA player] Darius Miles. That’s one thing I know for sure, outside of the hair. Parks同意:「每個人都問我,但我只有一件事要讓大家知道,Snell跟Kawhi Leonard 或Darius Miles(已退休的NBA球員),完全不一樣。這是我很確定的一件事,至少在頭髮 上就不一樣了。 “He knows he’s special, but he’s a team-first guy. He’s always willing to do whatever is best for the team and I think that might be his biggest weakness in the past, but I also think that might be his biggest strength in the past, and that was identified by Gar and Thibs and the scouting department. He played center in high school and that just shows you he’s willing to do whatever is asked of him. If you ask him to shut down the other team’s best player, he’ll do that. If you ask him to pass the ball into the post, he’ll do that. If you ask him to come off screens, he’ll do that. He knows he has the tools, but he’s a team-first guy in every sense of the word, ” the coach continued to explain. 「他知道他自己很特別,雖然他是球隊的一哥。他總是樂意做對球隊最好的事,但我 認為那或許是他過去最大的缺點,同時也是最大的優點,這也是Gar(公牛隊GM)、Thibs和 球探部一致認同的。他在高中打中鋒就可以看出他樂意做任何事,如果你要求他去守死對 方最好的球員,他會做到;如果你要求他傳球到低位,他會做到;如果你要求他過來做掩 護,他會做到。他知道他擁有的武器,但從各種層面來說,他仍然是球隊的一哥。」教練 繼續解釋到。 “He’s going to show up and be a professional. He’s going to listen, he’s going to be coachable, he’s going to make open shots and he’s going to play defense. I think all of those things translate. The biggest I think is that he ’s going to be a pro. Now, he’s going to have to adjust to the game and those type of things, but from his mentality and his mindset and the way he carries himself, he’s a pro right now and he has been. That’s going to play in his favor, especially playing on a deep team and a team expecting to compete for a championship. You bring a rookie in on a team like that; I think he’s going to fit in. 「他將會繼續展現自己,他願意聽、願意學、願意投籃也願意防守。最大的轉變就是 他將證明自己是個職業球員,現在,他需要的是開始適應NBA,而且他的心理和心態都已 經準備好了。我認為他會喜歡這個以團隊為主,而且渴求冠軍的球隊,他會適應的。」 “He’s someone who doesn’t care about stats. He just wants to win and you can’t teach that. He’s not putting a premium on, ‘Man, did I make shots? Did I get the ball?’ He’s going to do whatever it takes to win. That was his biggest thing at New Mexico. We never talked to him about stats because he said, ‘I’m going to do whatever it takes to win. We’re winning.’ It’s about the team, about winning and I’ll probably never coach a kid like that from that standpoint probably ever. I’d be really lucky because it’s really about the team. It’s not lip service. It’s legitimate,” the coach went on to say. “Some kids in the draft, you talk about, ‘Man, is he going to be able to stay focused? Is he going to be able to handle all this?’ He’s still on Cloud Nine. He’s playing on the Bulls now, but he hasn’t changed, he hasn’t skipped a beat. He knows that getting drafted was one journey and the beginning of another. He’s got to write this next chapter.” 「他就是那種不會在意數據的人,他只想要贏,而這也是你無法教的東西。他不會認 為自己是獨特的,他不會說:“嘿,我可以投球嗎? 我可以拿到球嗎?” 他願意去做任何 事只為了贏球。這也是他在大學最重要的事。我們從來不跟他討論數據的事,因為他總是 說“我會做任何事只為了贏球”,這跟團隊有關,跟勝利有關,我之前從來沒遇過這種球 員。我非常幸運能帶到這樣的球員,因為他是說真的,而不是說說場面話而已。」教練接 下來說道:「談到有些在選秀的孩子,你會懷疑“嘿,他能繼續保持專注嗎?他能夠繼續掌 握整個情形嗎?他仍然在九霄雲外耶,他現在加入了公牛隊耶!” 但他不會改變,他不會 去逃避。他知道選秀只是個開始而已,他已經準備好要繼續往前了。 He won’t be Leonard, Pippen or Penny Hardaway (a comparison the admittedly-biased Parks cited) in the NBA, at least not from the outset. But with his track record of improvement and unique skills, just being Tony Snell will be good enough to make an impact for the Bulls, whether in the near future or down the road. 他不會成為Leonard、Pippen或Penny Hardaway,至少一開始不會。但根據他之前的進 步和那獨特的技巧,只要做好他自己就可以對公牛隊留下夠深刻的印象了,不管是在不久 的將來或是在路途上。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.45.202.64

07/28 21:22, , 1F
這禮拜幾乎沒時間翻~"~而且這三篇也太長了XDD
07/28 21:22, 1F

07/28 21:27, , 2F
推(坑XD)
07/28 21:27, 2F

07/28 21:30, , 3F
不過這三篇真的是蠻詳細的文章,我盡量找時間把翻完XD
07/28 21:30, 3F

07/28 21:30, , 4F
有許多地方我自己翻得沒有很通順,或是自己加加減減的
07/28 21:30, 4F