Re: [文章] Paul Pierce:How about Boston became …

看板Celtics作者時間14年前 (2009/12/18 18:31), 編輯推噓10(1002)
留言12則, 11人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
不知道翻的好不好, 有錯的地方還請大家多多指教 ※ 引述《piercepaul (大輸家)》之銘言: : I guess the obvious question is, "Why am I doing this?" 我猜很多人會問我, "為什麼你把Boston視為你的家?" : I've put a lot out there about myself for Celtics fans and for Paul Pierce : fans in the past. You all know who I am as a basketball player and a Boston : Celtic. : But for me, blogging is going to give me a chance to let other people get to : know me even better, which is what I really want. When I'm done with this : game I want people to know more about Paul Pierce as a person than just as a : basketball player. 過去我在這裡為Celtics迷與Pierce迷在Blog上寫了很多文章 人們大都知道身為一個籃球員與Celtics的一員, 我做了什麼 但對我來說, 寫這些文章也將讓人們更了解我, 而這也是我真正想要的 當我結束了這職業生涯, 我希望人們能夠更了解身為普通人的Pierce, 而不是只了解身為籃球員的Pierce : When I retire I don't want people to just talk about my accomplishments on : the court. When I'm done playing I want them to really know about me, about : my life and what I do to make a difference in my community and the positive : impact I try to have on other people. 當我退休之後, 我希望人們不僅僅是討論我在球場上所締造的成就 我希望人們能夠真正的了解我所有的一切 不管是我的生活, 我對這社會造成的改變, 甚或是我試著帶給其他人的正面影響 : I've been in Boston for 12 years. At this point, I probably know this city : better than where I grew up in Inglewood, Calif. I've been here so long. (It : took me like 6-7 years to really learn this city with all these rotaries, but : hey ... ). 我在Boston Celtics待了十二年 以現在而言, 我可能了解Boston比我長大的地方更多 (後面這句我不太會....) : Now I feel like Boston is MY city. I have embraced it and I love it. : I still remember the day I got drafted. In my mind, there was no way I was : ending up in Boston. I had only worked out for the top five teams in the NBA : Draft that year. But on draft night I slipped to 10. 對我來說, Boston就像是我的城市, 這些日子來我一直深愛著她 我還記得我被Boston Celtics選到的那天 我告訴自己, 我絕不會一直待在Boston Celtics 我這些年來的努力都是為了進NBA前五強的球隊 但在選秀會那天, 我掉到了第十順位 : When Boston called my name, I felt so many mixed emotions. At first, I was : kind of upset that I went to Boston -- don't forget now, growing up as a : Lakers fan in LA, this was a team that I hated! Then I remember seeing how : Scott, a close friend of mine, who I consider an uncle/father, reacted to the : news. He just started clapping and said. "That's right! This is where we : wanted to be!" 當Boston Celtics選到我, 我的情緒是相當複雜的 從小身為一個LA Lakers的球迷, Boston Celtics是我討厭的球隊 這使我剛到Boston的時候有點難過, 這感覺我一直到現在我都還記得 但我記得後來Scott,我的好友, 同時也是帶我成長的人, 看到這消息的反應 他開始鼓掌並對我說: "這就對了! Boston Celtics就是我們要去的球隊!" : So I thought, "You know what. You're absolutely right." These other teams : didn't want me and this was the team that did want me. I wanted to be : somewhere with a team that wanted me. And my dream to be in the NBA was just : realized. Plus all those banners and trophies certainly didn't hurt! 所以我開始覺得 "嘿! Scott你說的對!" 其他隊伍不要我, 但Boston Celtics卻是支確實需要我的球隊 我希望能夠加入這真正需要我的球隊, 這球隊實現了我加入NBA的夢想, 加上它過往的歷史榮耀 這選擇看起來還不壞! : I remember a couple years ago -- the summer I signed an extension -- I was : talking with my mom and my brother about the possibility of going to play in : other cities, maybe trying to win somewhere else. It was something that I was : always talking about with the people closest to me. And it was crazy because : my mom said to me, "You've already started building something special over : there in Boston." 然後前幾年, 就像我以前跟好友討論的 我開始與我家人討論去其他球隊打球的可能性, 也許是其他能夠贏球的球隊 這是個瘋狂的選擇, 因為就如同我母親說的 "你才正要開始在Boston這地方打造一些特殊的成就呢!" : I had great friends here, knew the restaurants, the hotels, the club owners. : I was really comfortable, you get so used to it. When I moved from Oakland to : LA -- I think I was 8 or 9 years old -- and it was traumatic because I : thought I lost everything I knew, all my friends all the relationships I had : built. It's like you're starting over, and you think about that. : She said, "The grass ain't always greener on the other side." : And everybody says it, but when you think about it, just because you go : somewhere else, that doesn't mean that things are going to be better. She was : just reminding me how I built something in Boston and how I should ride it : out. 我在這有許多好朋友, 而且對這城市也瞭若指掌, 我真的很習慣這城市了! 就像我大概八歲的時候從Oakland搬到LA, 我很難過, 因為我覺得我失去了我的朋友, 我的一切 這就像一切全部都從頭開始 她說: "別的地方不一定比較好" (這句話好難翻的很漂亮..) 的確, 就算到了別的地方, 也不代表一切都會好轉 我知道她在提醒我, 我在Boston這地方如何造就了這一切, 而我又該如何克服這些負面情緒 : That made me change my whole attitude about the situation. I was a captain of : the team. I was making the All-Star team. She said to me, "Make change there. : You're going to have your ups and downs, but it's going to turn around : eventually. You be the one to make change!" : And she was right. 這讓我對於現狀的態度全然改變了 身為Boston Celtics的隊長, 我正在打造一個明星球隊 她也告訴我: "努力改變這一切, 你的人生會有起有落" "但最後一切終將改變, 而且你就會是改變這一切的人" 她想她是對的 : I'm so glad I was able to sign an extension that year. I was so close to : testing free agency. And then I just knew I was here to stay, that Boston is : my city and I love it. 我很高興自己在那年最後還是放棄了成為自由球員的決定 並且與Boston Celtics續約 而且我也了解到我就該留在這裡, Boston是我的城市, 而且我深愛著她 : It's funny because I asked Kevin (Garnett) where he wants his number retired. : He's going to be one of the greatest players to ever play this game. He : started in Minnesota. He won his championship in Boston. The same thing with : Ray. He spent so many years in Milwaukee. : And it's like where do you want to be remembered? Garnett跟Allen都是NBA內頂尖的球員 他們分別從Minnesota跟Milwaukee開始他們的球員生涯 在征戰多年後他們轉到了Boston Celtics並且拿到了冠軍 於是我問他們, 你想要你的號碼在哪裡退休? 這是個很有趣的問題 : I've been in an amazing position to say that I'm going to be linked 100 : percent to the Boston Celtics. : To say that I've played with only one franchise, and accomplished what we : have, it's almost like a miracle. You don't see that any more. You don't see : the same players staying with the same team like that. I'm a true follower of : the game and only five guys have played for one team for 10-plus years, : especially in the last 10. There's Tim, Kobe, Ilgauskas, Nowitzki, and me. : You're always going to associate Kobe with the Lakers. You're always going to : associate Timmy with San Antonio. Those guys won championships for their : teams and they've been there their whole career. 我很高興的說, 我的體內流著100% Boston Celtics的綠血 我只為Boston Celtics打過球, 並且成就了現在有的一切 這就像一個奇蹟, 我是這球隊的忠實信徒 你很難發現有球員像我一樣待在同一個球隊超過十年 尤其在最近十年, 只有五位球員有這成就 分別是Tim, Kobe, Ilgauskas, Nowitzki跟我 人們總是將湖人隊跟Kobe畫上等號, 將Tim Duncan視為馬刺隊代表 他們都為他們的球隊奉獻上整個職業生涯並且獲得了總冠軍 : You look around the league and see a lot of great players. You have some Hall : of Famers that have been on multiple teams and you think at the end of the : day, which team do they represent? And I can definitely say I am a Boston : Celtic through and through. When people look back at my career they're going : to identify me with one team. : Boston is definitely home. 環顧整個NBA聯盟 這裡有很多偉大的球員, 其中不乏名人堂的成員 這些球員不止為一個球隊效力過 總有一天, 人們想起他們時, 總會思考他們究竟代表NBA的哪一隊? 但我, Pierce, 絕對可以驕傲的說我從頭到尾都屬於Boston Celtics 當人們回顧我的職業生涯, 他們只會看到我穿著Boston Celtics的制服 所以, 這裡就是我的家! : ------------------------------------------------------------------------ : 回頭看了看自己的翻譯 感覺有點糟糕 : 很怕翻了破壞文章的美感 所以想說貼這篇讓專業的板友來翻 : 然後 丹丹缺席的時間好像要延長... 我回頭看一看, 也發現好像有些地方很糟糕 不過想說都打很久了, 還是把它貼出來 希望大家多多指教 也對原PO致上最高的敬意, Ubuntu!! -- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.169.18.236

12/18 18:37, , 1F
12/18 18:37, 1F

12/18 18:43, , 2F
最後一段很棒
12/18 18:43, 2F

12/18 18:46, , 3F
司機:躺著也中槍.... 翻得真好!
12/18 18:46, 3F

12/18 19:15, , 4F
This is my house ! Wade:....我的台詞
12/18 19:15, 4F

12/18 19:29, , 5F