[情報] Bogut eagerly awaits challenge of NBA

看板Bucks作者 (￾ N￾N ￾N ￾N)時間19年前 (2005/06/17 11:12), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/2 (看更多)
資料來源:http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/jun05/334083.asp Posted: June 15, 2005 Andrew Bogut is brimming with confidence as he prepares for the National Basketball Association draft. Tim Duncan? Bogut already has faced the San Antonio Spurs power forward, during last summer's Athens Olympics, when Australia played the USA. Shaquille O'Neal? Bring on the Miami Heat center, says Bogut, who could be the Milwaukee Bucks' choice when they make the No. 1 pick in the June 28 draft. "It's playing against men," the 20-year-old Bogut said of his experiences in international play and the Olympic Games. "A lot of those European men are as strong as the Ben Wallaces of the world. "I'm ready for anything. I've played against guys who are 300 pounds. I've learned a lot from them. "Playing against Shaq will be a challenge. He's a great player, a Hall of Famer. But I'm not going to be intimidated by him. He's human. I'm a rookie coming out, and they'll try to beat my butt as well. But I'm up for that challenge, and I can't wait for it." That type of attitude has to please the Bucks, who are carefully weighing their options at No. 1: Bogut, the sophomore from Utah; and Marvin Williams, the freshman forward from North Carolina. Williams will be in Milwaukee for an individual workout with the Bucks on Sunday, followed by the 7-foot, 255-pound Bogut on Monday. "The upside for both is very high," said Bucks general manager Larry Harris. "They both have a high basketball IQ and are very competitive kids. It's a big weekend for us." Bogut, who is of Croatian descent but grew up in Australia, said he understands why the Bucks are looking over both players so carefully. Asked about comparisons to NBA veteran Vlade Divac, Bogut quickly responded, "I'm not as slow as Vlade. You'll be surprised when you see me play. I've been playing for Utah, and I've looked unathletic at times because I just have to get the job done of getting a 'W' for the Utes. "I didn't need to be athletic on the perimeter; I was just strictly banging inside and doing what the coach told me." Bogut has been working out in Washington, D.C., in recent weeks with trainer John Duren, who played at Georgetown and for two seasons (1980-'82) with the Utah Jazz. Duren is known as a big man's coach and also has worked with Patrick Ewing, Alonzo Mourning and Dikembe Mutombo. "I don't think anybody's perfect, especially coming out of college," said Bogut, who indicated he has gained nearly 20 pounds to bulk up for the rigors of the NBA. "You can never fake the game of basketball. That's why it's such a challenge to come out every day and practice." Bogut has been dogged by rumors that he has a degenerative eye disorder, and he has vigorously denied them. Australian Olympic coach Brian Goorijan also denied them recently in published reports. "I told them (the Bucks) exactly what I'm telling you," Goorijan told the Melbourne (Australia) Herald Sun. "I've had the kid since he was 16 years old, and there's been no history of eye problems." Testing has confirmed that Bogut is nearsighted in one eye, and he wears a special contact lens. Harris said team doctors will examine Bogut when he is here next week. "I commend Andrew for being up front about this. He's got nothing to hide, " Harris said. "All the information we have to this point says there's no alarm, no red flag to be concerned about. But we want to make sure we cover our bases." Auditions set: The Bucks will bring in 6-7 junior forward Ryan Gomes of Providence and 6-6 senior guard / forward Matt Walsh of Florida for a workout session on Friday morning at the Cousins Center. Six players are scheduled for workouts on Saturday, including Marquette senior guard Travis Diener and Wisconsin senior forward Mike Wilkinson. Also working out will be Filiberto Rivera, a 6-2 senior guard from Texas-El Paso; Uros Slokar, a 6-10 forward from Italy; T.J. Sorrentine, a 5-11 senior guard from Vermont; and Salim Stoudamire, a 6-1 senior guard from Arizona. Offers expected: Harris said the Bucks intend to make qualifying offers to restricted free agents Zaza Pachulia and Dan Gadzuric after the NBA Finals end and before the league's collective bargaining agreement expires on July 1. By making contract offers to both players, the Bucks will retain the right to match offers made by any other teams when a new labor agreement is reached. New hire: The Bucks have hired Dwayne Wilson as equipment manager. Wilson recently served five years in that role with the Dallas Mavericks. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.73.49.81
文章代碼(AID): #12iZ-f-v (Bucks)
文章代碼(AID): #12iZ-f-v (Bucks)