Re: [新聞] 紐約記者冒名call-in 被迫離職

看板media-chaos作者 ((( CNBC )))時間16年前 (2007/11/21 19:52), 編輯推噓0(004)
留言4則, 3人參與, 最新討論串2/2 (看更多)
※ 引述《dinod (呆諾)》之銘言: : 記者冒名call-in 被迫離職 : 【聯合報╱紐約特派員林少予/二十日電】 2007.11.21 02:05 am : 紐約第一電視台資深記者藍姆西因為冒名打電話到自家電視台的談話性節目中發 : 表意見,被迫離職。藍姆西說,他跨越了記者這一行的道德界線。 : 藍姆西日前在曼哈頓上西城家中觀看電視台的「來電」談話性節目,討論前紐約 : 市警局長柯力克被起訴與對前紐約市長朱良尼總統選情的影響。他不滿主持人說 : 法,拿起電話說自己是住在上東城的「道頓」,反駁主持人與來賓的言論,時間 : 不到一分鐘。 : 節目結束後,節目主持人打電話給藍姆西說,他聽聲音知道剛才是誰打的電話, : 此事因而爆發。 : <以美國記者的道德標準~台灣記者都該炒魷魚了XD> 紐約時報的報導 http://0rz.tw/aa3jp 看起來好像真的是因為"用假名call-in"這件事的成分居高 @@ 但似乎又沒這麼單純 他call-in的內容也是關鍵的樣子... 不過紐約時報跟聯合報對該記者離職的說法好像略有不同 沒看錯的話 紐約時報是說 該記者的合約到年底 他自己不續約 公司並沒有特別趕他... 以上有錯請指教 <(_ _)> NY1 Anchor Quits After Calling a Show on the Station Under a False Name By MANNY FERNANDEZ Published: November 18, 2007 Gary Anthony Ramsay, a longtime reporter and a weekend anchor for NY1 News, left the station this week, days after calling in to one of the channel’s live shows under a false name and commenting on a news story, a lapse in judgment that Mr. Ramsay described as “a flash moment of frustration.” On Nov. 9, Mr. Ramsay phoned “The Call,” an evening call-in show, and identified himself as Dalton, from the Upper East Side. The topic was Bernard B. Kerik, the former New York police commissioner facing a 16-count federal indictment, and the indictment’s effect on the presidential campaign of former Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani. “So which is the real Bernie Kerik?” Mr. Ramsay asked on the show. “Is it the one who pleads not guilty before or is it the one who pleads guilty after he cuts a deal that he’s comfortable with?” In an interview last night, Mr. Ramsay said he was at his Upper West Side home watching the program, when he became frustrated with some viewers’ comments, including those who said they believed that supporters of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton had a role in the investigation. He said that had he been on a reporters’ roundtable, his comments would have been the same, and that he felt that he was not giving his opinion so much as correcting information that was “inaccurate and unchecked.” But he said that his failure to identify himself crossed a line of journalistic ethics. “I am continually apologetic for smudging that journalistic line, but I’m a human being, and I’m subject to the same frailties,” Mr. Ramsay said. Steve Paulus, NY1’s general manager, declined to comment about Mr. Ramsay’s phone call. He said that the station did not ask Mr. Ramsay to leave, but that Mr. Ramsay’s contract had expired and he had voluntarily decided to move on. “He’s been with us since the beginning, and after 15 years, he was ready for a move,” Mr. Paulus said. Mr. Ramsay said John Schiumo, the show’s host, had called him after the show and told him that he recognized his voice. Mr. Ramsay said he apologized to Mr. Schiumo, and added that he had never deceived viewers or his sources while reporting a story. “What disturbs me is that this lapse in judgment —and that’s what you can call it, a lapse in judgment — is going to undo more than 15 years of hard-charging, quality journalism in New York and abroad,” he said. Mr. Ramsay joined NY1 in 1992, when the station first went on the air, and covered a range of stories, including the 1993 and 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center and the war in Iraq. He is the president of the New York Association of Black Journalists, and has received numerous awards from industry groups, including the Radio and Television News Directors Association. Mr. Ramsay said he decided to leave NY1 last summer as his contract neared its end this year, and the station had asked him to stay on a while longer. His last day at the station was Thursday. His departure was reported in yesterday’s Daily News. Mr. Ramsay’s on-air exchange with Mr. Schiumo lasted a little more than one minute. “First of all, John, I have to take a disagreement with you,” Mr. Ramsay said during the call. “Me? I haven’t given my opinion,” Mr. Schiumo replied. “When you say that it’s allegedly,” Mr. Ramsay said, referring to the charges against Mr. Kerik. “He’s already pled guilty to a number of these same charges in state court. So he’s already admitted to some wrongdoing regarding these particular items.” Mr. Ramsay went on to say that it was “ridiculous” for another viewer to imply that “the Hillary camp” had a hand in the effort to prosecute Mr. Kerik. One of Mr. Ramsay’s friends described him as frustrated that day because he had learned that another reporter had gotten a job for which he had applied. Mr. Ramsay denied that that played a part in his decision to call the show. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.223.53.181 ※ 編輯: KevinAction 來自: 61.223.53.181 (11/21 19:54)

11/21 22:53, , 1F
他的報導我常看
11/21 22:53, 1F

11/21 23:25, , 2F
樓上是指NY1還是紐約時報的記者?
11/21 23:25, 2F

11/22 01:44, , 3F
道德標準真高啊..
11/22 01:44, 3F

11/22 11:08, , 4F
Gary... NY1常有
11/22 11:08, 4F